• Sub: McGuane

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Sub: Anderson

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I read the team sheet before the game and I forgot Karl had been sacked. The only thing that was different was Mcguane replaced with Brannagan.

The sooner Short and co get replaced by a new manager and his team the better.
And he just replaced player with player during the game without changing anything. 🙄

The Oxford Mail really are awful these days. No coverage of the game until this article and that's the picture they took. Feels like they're taking the P**s out of us.

Screenshot_20230304_201514_Facebook.jpg

I wasn't at the game today people, not sure how to keep positive after those who were there and watching on iFollow. It just seems that KR has left us with a shell shocked team of individual players who certainly do not know what the plot is, to which is certainly lost. Not sure if I could handle relegation after 5 years on the up, albeit the last 18 months of total mismanagement. However, it is what it is, I will support the team from Yorkshire, but my heart is Oxford Utd. I am just deflated like the rest of you. Oxford till I die.
I don't know if this helps but we've not had 5 years on the up, we've gone progressively backwards for the past 3 culminating in this shower. I thought it was clear we were in for a poor season as soon as I saw the lineup at Derby but somehow Robinson has taken us even further back from that and absolutely screwed us.

We can still stay up this season as long as we appoint a decent manager sharpish and play to put strengths/avoid our weaknesses. There's a lot of crap in this league so it might only take a point per game to stay up, could do with getting them on the board lively though because April fixtures are horrible.

Just got back, oh and 99% certain Fowler doesn't want the job, so breath easily.
Much better second half with little goal threat, which unless we get some fresh ideas in, will do for us.
We need a new manager who is allowed to bring in his own staff. For all their effort today, there was still a feint ghostly image of kr on the bench. So much was the same, especially the poor use of subs. Rather than any attacking option being introduced early, it was done in dribs and drabs, even towards the end of the game. What effect could they possibly have?
I've never thought the squad was not good enough, but today watching them compete against a low average Lincoln was painful.
The manager needs to be in place by Tuesday to have enough time to assess what he thinks will be his best 11 against a good Derby side. It's all about time.
The board clearly took to long to fire robinson, seeing the support they believed he still had in some quarters, well that might come and bite us in the backside now, unless the right choice is made early next week.

The Oxford Mail really are awful these days. No coverage of the game until this article and that's the picture they took. Feels like they're taking the P**s out of us.

View attachment 12422
Yes no twitter feed either, looks like their reporter may have been ill or something. Looks like they don't have a back up for a scenario like that.

Yes no twitter feed either, looks like their reporter may have been ill or something. Looks like they don't have a back up for a scenario like that.
Liam Rice is on holiday, he said on Sunday he was off for a week.
He did mention someone standing in for him, but it was a news 'journalist'

Think we need to calm down in front of goal. Snatching at shots. Need a cool headed experience striker, like, um, Matt Taylor. He may be passed his best but the entire team has scored 3 in 9. If he had scored just 1 that would give us 25% more.
He's gone and been replaced with worse.
So I think we gonna have to park the bus and pray next week.

The last time we played with three at the back and wing backs we won. That was our last win.

Don’t really comment on games I haven’t watched but radox were giving impression lincoln were hanging on at the end.

Were they?
We. dominated. the. second half.
People on here moaning about not having a goal scorer seem to have forgotten our two chances they cleared off the line or the worldie save by the keeper from O’Donkor‘s header…but that doesn’t fit their narrative does it?
This is NOT a bad squad of players; as Kennedy said after the game we have plenty of players he’d love to have in his squad. I get that we need a manager to turn that collection of players into a team but for the love of god, if anyone commenting negatively about the game on here was actually there today they would have seen how many times Lincoln had their backs to the wall and defended like their lives depended on it. They were playing like the away team; scored a goal then parked the bus.
Encouraging enough signs today that a new manager can stop the slide and turn us around.

Haven't read the full thread as I'm tired after a 3 hour drive, so apologies if any of the following is a repeat of what others have said.

We were better today, second half especially. Our attacks were more cohesive and we actually found some pockets of space on occasion. I thought Henry had a good game although I would've liked to see him get into the box a bit more because he's the only finisher we have now.

Whether we play well or poorly, it doesn't really matter as we have no one who can put the bloody ball in the net. I can't help but feel Taylor would've scored today. Browne is supposed to be our difference maker but I just don't think he's got it anymore. Joseph is just too erratic; he has zero composure. I think there is a good player in there but someone needs to tell him to slow down a bit. Brannagan was too far away from the goal today, huffing and puffing without really doing a lot. He's trying too hard at the moment, nothing is natural.

We have to stop conceding. I know it was only a penalty today but it's a goal nonetheless. We failed to properly clear our lines and then Long tried to smash it away without checking to see if a Lincoln player was between him and the ball. We need to go back to 3 CB's and defend the box like it's the f*****g Alamo.

Overall, I saw enough today to give me some hope that we can win another game this season. After last week's debacle I genuinely wasn't sure. Let's hope it comes against the odds next week.

We. dominated. the. second half.
People on here moaning about not having a goal scorer seem to have forgotten our two chances they cleared off the line or the worldie save by the keeper from O’Donkor‘s header…but that doesn’t fit their narrative does it?
This is NOT a bad squad of players; as Kennedy said after the game we have plenty of players he’d love to have in his squad. I get that we need a manager to turn that collection of players into a team but for the love of god, if anyone commenting negatively about the game on here was actually there today they would have seen how many times Lincoln had their backs to the wall and defended like their lives depended on it. They were playing like the away team; scored a goal then parked the bus.
Encouraging enough signs today that a new manager can stop the slide and turn us around.
Yes we were all over them 2nd half (I watched the game) but we were not calm in their box. We need an experienced striker with nouse and we gonna need to bring him in somehow, otherwise I doubt we gonna get the points.

It's bloody annoying that weeks ago people were calling in saying we were in a relegation fight and were poo pooed by the Radio Oxford team. When Jerome said today 'people have finally accepted we're in a relegation fight' I was shouting at the radio 'not people, YOU have'.
Tbf I think Nick Harris has been very honest in the last few weeks over Robbo being relieved of his duties

Yes we were all over them 2nd half (I watched the game) but we were not calm in their box. We need an experienced striker with nouse and we gonna need to bring him in somehow, otherwise I doubt we gonna get the points.
But unless Baldock gets fit again, or we bring in a free agent we’re stuck with what we’ve got. A new manager has to be able to deal with that.

Feels like a wacky idea, but why don't we revert back to 5-3-2/3-5-2 (whichever way round you want to have it), seeing as the last time we played it, we won.

Fleming and Anderson are best suited to wing backs anyway. Stick Joseph and Wildschut up front and have Bate, McGuane and Brannagan as a 3.

It may just be the thing that helps us not concede so many, and having 2 big players up front will allow us to compete and maybe actually get the ball close to the oppositions goal.

Then if we so happen to get 15 corners again, then maybe we'll have a chance of doing something with 5 or 6 players on the pitch who are 6ft+.
That’s to clever! I hear there’s a job going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom