Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • Lincoln City

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure he's very much a wing-back as opposed to a full back. IIRC, his debut was against Ipswich which was, I think, the last time we played three at the back with wing backs and also the last time I can remember the team playing with any sort of cohesion. Fleming looked good on his debut, but since then Robinson inexplicably opted to revert to a back four and his form suffered (it also can't be easy coming in on loan to a club in as much of a mess as we are/were). I'm, therefore, inclined to give him another go in his preferred position.

Moreover, I just don't think the Brannagan/McGuane/Bate midfield works. They're all technically good footballers, but the balance just isn't right and it's too lightweight and nice. For that reason I'd rather sacrifice one of them and bulk out the defence a bit more. And, as much as he's a tidy player, I think Bate would get completely overran in a midfield two.
We played 3 at the back with wingbacks at Cambridge. Murphy right, Fleming left.

Massive game. 3 points is a must!

It’s pretty clear the vast majority would love to see MApp return, so let’s have a few loud renditions of “Appleton’s yellow army” tomorrow, to really get the message across!

COYY

We have to score first, it’d make a huge difference to their confidence. If we don’t we’ll see just how influential Short et al can be in digging out a result compared to Robinson.

I'm feeling confident about tomorrow. Think we will win. Really think we'll see a much improved performance all round. Partly due to them not trying to get the manager sacked any more and partly to impress whoever may be watching from the stands.
I suspect Shorty will also avoid picking people who aren't fully fit in the starting 11

I suspect Shorty will also avoid picking people who aren't fully fit in the starting 11
One of the ex PL players recently (somebody like Terry?) was suggesting that players are rarely 100% fit.
They all have knocks of some kind throughout the season.
I assume that this is correct (anybody with sports science understanding that knows about this?)

One of the ex PL players recently (somebody like Terry?) was suggesting that players are rarely 100% fit.
I assume that this is correct (anybody with sports science understanding that knows about this?)
Beano said that in that podcast he did, the occasions when he felt everything is 100% happen only occasionally.

Last edited:
I think that’s probably correct (although more likely ‘rarely’ 100% fit rather than ‘never’ 100% fit). But I’d also say there’s probably quite a big difference between being 80% fit and 90% fit

This is a 12 game season now we've got 36 points to go for what's happened in the past 34 games is done we can't change that our fight starts tomorrow

I'd settle for a 0-0 it's something to build on but I want 3 points
1-2
💛💙

I’ve been keeping tabs on the new manager situation and, only just noticed we are on Sky Sports on Good Friday vs Sheff Wed.

As for tomorrow, I will be happy with a draw, a step in the right direction, but we have the players to go there and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom