Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • SUB: Mills

• Total voters
OM gave Cieron Brown as MOM. Was their reporter at home having his Sunday lunch, he certainly wasnt at the match, yes, Brown had a good game, had it not been for young James Beadle in goal we could have been at-least three down game over by halftime.

My view - you couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s a good lad with bags of talent and a down to earth attitude, I coached him at junior level not long before he moved to Wolves. Trains well and was outstanding the last 2 seasons. He’s very much in the Joey mould in that he’s happy playing near where he and his family live. I can see him being another to cross over to Bristol City in January.
very good finish to beat Beadle from that angle

F71xgMfW4AE8Wnm
Best signing of the season Imo, been unflappable for someone so young and made so many crucial saves already that I’m not sure eastwood would of, even though he’s been a great servant for the club.

I suppose it's too late to create twitter profiles with the same names as the rest of our back room staff, and troll Joey Barton with them?

Last edited:
Langstaff would cost a mint Baz. He's contracted until June 2027. He's already scored 8 this season. He and Rodriguez had a great partnership though so would be ideal.
But a million should do it and I think if that’s what Notrs county would value him at I’m sure the owners may well cough up.

But a million should do it and I think if that’s what Notrs county would value him at I’m sure the owners may well cough up.

Would it though?

He's under contract until 2026-27; scoring goals for a top of the table League Two team, after record goal scoring numbers in the conference; don't think Notts County are in any financial trouble at this point in time.

Not sure they would want to sell for that in January, when they would have very little chance of replacing him with an equivalent player for less.

14 goals in the last 5 games and we’re still wittering on about the 20 a season man.

The way things are going the back 4 are going to score 30 between them..

As much as I agree, we are light up front. Perkins isn't seen as first team material by the manager (yet). O'Donkor is promising but limited & Harris won't be able to play every single game.

20 a season man, maybe not but I do want at least a 12-19 kinda guy.

Would it though?

He's under contract until 2026-27; scoring goals for a top of the table League Two team, after record goal scoring numbers in the conference; don't think Notts County are in any financial trouble at this point in time.

Not sure they would want to sell for that in January, when they would have very little chance of replacing him with an equivalent player for less.
I know what you are saying but if they won’t and ask for say double if not triple what was offered he could go for nothing in 3 years or he will go straight to the championship, either that or the Posh will try and sign him as the next Ivan Toney minus the gambling

Would it though?

I very much doubt £1m would be enough.

I know what you are saying but if they won’t and ask for say double if not triple what was offered he could go for nothing in 3 years or he will go straight to the championship, either that or the Posh will try and sign him as the next Ivan Toney minus the gambling
3 years is a hell of a long time, they won't be worrying about him leaving for free then in the slightest, it's about as long a deal as anyone will have at these levels. He could have another 2 good years and they'll still have time to cash in. I'd be amazed if a million would get close to doing it.

Probably not but could test the waters
Langstaff? No chance. Absolutely 100% not worth money like that. He's 27 in a few months time, has played most of his career non league, and has never played above L2- where this is his first season. Friend of mine is a Notts County ST holder. Thinks he's pretty good, but isn't the quickest and is playing in an excellent L2 team. He's a L2 Cole Stockton. I'd be amazed if a L1 team, or above, offered anything like £1M for him, let alone more. Far more likely from L2 is Al-Hamadi of AFCW. Only 21, big, quick and has 14 in 30. That's the sort of L2 forward that will go for big money.

Langstaff? No chance. Absolutely 100% not worth money like that. He's 27 in a few months time, has played most of his career non league, and has never played above L2- where this is his first season. Friend of mine is a Notts County ST holder. Thinks he's pretty good, but isn't the quickest and is playing in an excellent L2 team. He's a L2 Cole Stockton. I'd be amazed if a L1 team, or above, offered anything like £1M for him, let alone more. Far more likely from L2 is Al-Hamadi of AFCW. Only 21, big, quick and has 14 in 30. That's the sort of L2 forward that will go for big money.
I've just looked at Hamadi's latest performance (Hatrick against Tranmere) he looks an excellent striker full of confidence - would be a perfect player for us

Last edited:
Not heard of Al-Hamadi but that's the sort of profile I'd rather us go for. Young and on the way up, the Stockton analogy is a good one as I was always wary of him signing for us on the basis of one very good size month spell in a decade long career. I think there was plenty of chat about him the same time we were heavily linked with Defoe, both of them would have been classic Robinson signings and I'm delighted we've moved away from that. I would be happier with Langstaff than I would Stockton but at his age he's surely worth more to Notts County in terms of getting them up again than he is anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom