Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • Lincoln City

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking a little light up front with Baldock, Smith and Josh Murphy (surprise) injured. Cheers Karl.

Getting excited for this one. I’ve even booked a parking space for León Blackmore-Such for maximum convenience.
Lincoln,a46 Thorpe On The Hill
Lincoln, LN6 9AJ

I hope you booked it here BTW this is a burger king in Lincoln 🙂

Anniversary weekend, pre-arranged long weekend in the opposite direction. :)

Fancy us to battle a win out of the adversity!

Any one know if the team are travelling up on Friday night and staying locally in Lincoln.? (Well, locally to me)
I could have a pint with them and tell them how to get the result we crave....?

My instructions would be.......
* The goalkeeper and defenders play out from the back, keep the ball, make the Lincoln forwards use their energy chasing the ball.
* The defenders to keep probing and passing the ball in and out of the midfield while keeping total possession of the ball enticing the Lincoln midfielders higher up the pitch.
* Wait for the right moment to play forward behind the Lincoln midfielders and make sure our team moves forward as one unit to offer more options of passes.
* If and when you lose the ball, the team are to hunt in packs of 2‘s and 3’s to win the ball back quickly in something like 5-10 seconds.
* Once you win the ball back, dependant on where you win the ball back, revert back to the top of the list and build from the back again.

Keep the ball, make the home side chase the ball, wear them down and wait for our opportunities.....
So, as with my first question, does anyone know if the team are staying Friday night......!

Any one know if the team are travelling up on Friday night and staying locally in Lincoln.? (Well, locally to me)
I could have a pint with them and tell them how to get the result we crave....?

My instructions would be.......
* The goalkeeper and defenders play out from the back, keep the ball, make the Lincoln forwards use their energy chasing the ball.
* The defenders to keep probing and passing the ball in and out of the midfield while keeping total possession of the ball enticing the Lincoln midfielders higher up the pitch.
* Wait for the right moment to play forward behind the Lincoln midfielders and make sure our team moves forward as one unit to offer more options of passes.
* If and when you lose the ball, the team are to hunt in packs of 2‘s and 3’s to win the ball back quickly in something like 5-10 seconds.
* Once you win the ball back, dependant on where you win the ball back, revert back to the top of the list and build from the back again.

Keep the ball, make the home side chase the ball, wear them down and wait for our opportunities.....
So, as with my first question, does anyone know if the team are staying Friday night......!
Are you throwing your hat in the ring?

Craig Short sounding pretty no nonsense on his prematch, hopefully he’ll drum a bit of sense into them
I was impressed. Thought he was refreshingly honest and open. It’s also nice to have the distraction of a game after all this new manager malarkey.

He did confirm Baldock, Bodin, Smith and Murphy are all injured. Did make me chuckle that he almost completely forgot Murphy!

We watched Lincoln on Tuesday and they’re physical, direct, unbeaten at home so I’m looking forward to it.”

I liked this quote don't know why just made me think yea this guy is ready to fight 🙂

I was impressed. Thought he was refreshingly honest and open. It’s also nice to have the distraction of a game after all this new manager malarkey.

He did confirm Baldock, Bodin, Smith and Murphy are all injured. Did make me chuckle that he almost completely forgot Murphy!

Haha was going to mention that, clearly has really endeared himself!

Can't see it happening, but I think I'd go for something like this:

View attachment 12389

If Anderson is fit, drop Long back into the back 3 in place of Moore and insert Anderson at RWB
I like this team mostly but I've just not been impressed at all with Fleming. Because of the injuries and lack of available players I'd go with the 4 at the back minus Fleming and have Bate in midfield.

I like this team mostly but I've just not been impressed at all with Fleming. Because of the injuries and lack of available players I'd go with the 4 at the back minus Fleming and have Bate in midfield.

I'm pretty sure he's very much a wing-back as opposed to a full back. IIRC, his debut was against Ipswich which was, I think, the last time we played three at the back with wing backs and also the last time I can remember the team playing with any sort of cohesion. Fleming looked good on his debut, but since then Robinson inexplicably opted to revert to a back four and his form suffered (it also can't be easy coming in on loan to a club in as much of a mess as we are/were). I'm, therefore, inclined to give him another go in his preferred position.

Moreover, I just don't think the Brannagan/McGuane/Bate midfield works. They're all technically good footballers, but the balance just isn't right and it's too lightweight and nice. For that reason I'd rather sacrifice one of them and bulk out the defence a bit more. And, as much as he's a tidy player, I think Bate would get completely overran in a midfield two.

I think CB and MM are quite strong enough to give Bate the freedom to play further up the field he is a quality footballer we are lucky to have this season lets use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom