Home Match Day Thread 21/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Blackpool

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did enjoy 13 stressfree days!

Followed by 7 games in the next 21 days! Having multiple internationals really weirds up the fixture list.
(although I doubt anyone's going to get too stressed when we play Chelsea's kids in the pointless trophy)

Every game, I keep expecting the bottom to fall out (the past 30 years will do that to a fan), and every game LM sets them up to go out and get it done. 2-0 Yellows.

Just about to set off, it’s a clear autumn morning up here in Lancashire.
I’ve put £50 on us to beat you lot 1-3 today because I’m fully confident class will triumph over form. UTMP🍊
Yeah, but marmalade triumphs over tangerines. Or something.

Should’ve put your money on a Thorniley hat trick :)

Concerned about the reports of sickness and injuries in the camp.

Therefore reckon it will be tight, close game. Prediction 1-1.

Really looking forward to today after what feels like ages since we last played.
As others have alluded to, this will be one of the big tests of the season.

A few mates, who wouldn’t normally attend an Oxford game, have asked to come along today, which I think is testament of the progress Liam Manning has already made this season.
Hopefully we can put a show on this afternoon and get them to come back for the Wycombe game!

5-1 let's make it six winning games 😀 I actually think Blackpool are going to be far to good for us we really should be grateful that they are coming to play against us today. I don't think we should expect a win against the might of Blackpool.... I might stay at home in the warm

Tough one
Blackpool seem to have found their feet in this division over the past few games
Jordan Rhodes is hitting form as well. We will have to play a lot better than we did v BRFC

This is going to be tough we need a much better performance than against Bristol Rovers, let's hope the sickness bug and stories about players being injured aren't true and Liam has got the team ready for what will surely be the biggest test for a while take 1-0 now.

To get in the automatic promotion places, you need to, not lose at home. Anything but, hopefully a win ..come on the manor🤘🤘

Just about to set off, it’s a clear autumn morning up here in Lancashire.
I’ve put £50 on us to beat you lot 1-3 today because I’m fully confident class will triumph over form. UTMP🍊
No chance

The irony in this thread is that you are all quick to shoot the mighty down while in the next breath you hint at this being your biggest test.
On the other hand, not one Blackpool fan worries about playing your lot. We do have some respect for the temporary form you’ve hit but that will be ended today.

Back
Top Bottom