• Sub: McGuane

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Sub: Anderson

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trouble is some of our very odd fan base won't mind a jot about being housed in league 2 again they are that bizarre. But, believe me they will want to strike off grounds like Salford from their boy scout list and get a new pin badge for their homemade woolly yellow and blue bobble hats!

Nevertheless, just six weeks ago I thought if we could just beat WW I could also start thinking about some of the new pin badges I could get in the championship to pierce my skin with.... ..oh the irony of it all lol.

Better performances today with a near on carbon copy penalty from last Saturday to set in more rot.

I'm sober and we'll beat Derby next weekend.

COYY'S
who the f**k wants to play in league 2?

And you know for sure that some of our ‘very odd fan base’ would like to see us drop down to League 2? The amount of people who seem to think they are somehow better than other fans and making these divisive comments seems more by the day.
Don’t know about the odd but we are heading for L2 at the moment.

Overall I was encouraged by what I saw today. I understand that right now we just need cold, hard points, but that was the best we have played in months. We should’ve won comfortably in terms of the balance of play and general control of the game, but unfortunately we’ve been totally stitched up in the attacking areas. We are woefully short up top, and even though we put a lot more balls into the box and tried to actually create chances, we had nothing in terms of end product. We’re just toothless, and that is going to be a problem.

We badly missed Taylor today, whether people want to admit it or not. We were absolutely crying out for someone who simply knows where to be in and around the six yard box. A bit of movement, a bit of guile, a bit of composure. Their keeper’s save from O’Donkor’s header was very good, although if I’m being critical… you’ve got to stick that away. It’s a free header from six yards, off an inch perfect cross loaded with pace. It was golden. It isn’t fair on the kid that we’re looking to him to get us out of this mess. He shouldn’t even be here. He should be on loan in the Conference, learning the game.

I think the atmosphere seemed to be very good. The players looked way more up for it than they have done in a long time. They seemed committed and very much together. They seemed to be engaged, and Chris Short keeping the subs together at half time for a rondo looked to be well received. Everybody was markedly up a gear or two today in terms of their energy. I think it’s abundantly clear that the players couldn’t play for Karl Robinson anymore, and that a lot of them had no desire to.

Interesting to see Moore straight back on the captaincy, and to hear him say it was taken out of his control last week. He did not resign the armband, and I think that shows what a mess we’ve been in. I don’t like that it was taken off him and that it was claimed to be because he’s had personal issues. Any personal issues are his to speak about or not, not for somebody else to use as an excuse to hide behind, because they don’t have the courage of their own convictions. To take the captaincy off him and say he’s resigned it due to off-field issues when he hasn’t stinks, especially when some insane “co-captaincy” scheme replaces him. Couldn’t pick a captain; couldn’t even be honest about making the decision to change it himself. Gutless and cowardly.

No wonder the players so obviously stopped playing for him, while all the senior pros started contradicting him and failing to support him publicly by the end. Mind you, Williams and Ferguson are just as much to blame. Arrogant and clueless, refusing to see what so many mere ‘plebs’ could see months ago, because clearly they are superior. I know that you both read this forum - hang your heads in shame. You did this. You had better hope that we get out of the mess you’ve led us into, because I don’t fancy your chances of ever redeeming your reputations if we go down.

I thought it was good to see so many people stay to clap the players at the end. I think they can sense that we’re with them and that the issue was with the manager and those who refused to do what needed to be done ages ago, and I think it’s fair to say that a good few of them are clearly as relieved as most of the fans, albeit obviously frustrated that things were allowed to drift so painfully and for so long.

Everybody needs to stick with it until the end. The players will give it their all, and that’s all we have right now. Whether it ends up being good enough or not, they can’t do any more. This is what we’ve got. Get behind them, even if you don’t always feel like it. Save your anger for the summer.

We need someone at least waving at us before the game against Derby, IMO. Ideally in the dugout, but let’s see how realistic that is.

Huge month ahead now. Morecambe and Cheltenham are just enormous.

Last edited:
Overall I was encouraged by what I saw today. I understand that right now we just need cold, hard cold points, but that was the best we have played in months. We should’ve won comfortably in terms of the balance of play and general control of the game, but unfortunately we’ve been totally stitched up in the attacking areas. We are woefully short up top, and even though we put a lot more balls into the box and tried to actually create chances, we had nothing in terms of end product. We’re just toothless, and that is going to be a problem.

We badly missed Taylor today, whether people want to admit it or not. We were absolutely crying out for someone who simply knows where to be in and around the six yard box. A bit of movement, a bit of guile, a bit of composure. Their keeper’s save from O’Donkor’s header was very good, although if I’m being critical… you’ve got to stick that away. It’s a free header from six yards, off an inch perfect cross loaded with pace. It was golden. It isn’t fair on the kid that we’re looking to him to get us out of this mess. He shouldn’t even be here. He should be on loan in the Conference, learning the game.

I think the atmosphere seemed to be very good. The players looked way more up for it than they have done in a long time. They seemed committed and very much together. They seemed to be engaged, and Chris Short keeping the subs together at half time for a rondo looked to be well received. Everybody was markedly up a gear or two today in terms of their energy. I think it’s abundantly clear that the players couldn’t play for Karl Robinson anymore, and that a lot of them had no desire to.

Interesting to see Moore straight back on the captaincy, and to hear him say it was taken out of his control last week. He did not resign the armband, and I think that shows what a mess we’ve been in. I don’t like that it was taken off him and that it was claimed to be because he’s had personal issues. Any personal issues are his to speak about or not, not for somebody else to use as an excuse to hide behind, because they don’t have the courage of their own convictions. To take the captaincy off him and say he’s resigned it due to off-field issues when he hasn’t stinks, especially when some insane “co-captaincy” scheme replaces him. Couldn’t pick a captain; couldn’t even be honest about making the decision to change it himself. Gutless and cowardly.

No wonder the players so obviously stopped playing for him, while all the senior pros started contradicting him and failing to support him publicly by the end. Mind you, Williams and Ferguson are just as much to blame. Arrogant and clueless, refusing to see what so many mere ‘plebs’ could see months ago, because clearly they are superior. I know that you both read this forum - hang your heads in shame. You did this. You had better hope that we get out of the mess you’ve led us into, because I don’t fancy your chances of ever redeeming your reputations if we go down.

I thought it was good to see so many people stay to clap the players at the end. I think they can sense that we’re with them and that the issue was with the manager and those who refused to do what needed to be done ages ago, and I think it’s fair to say that a good few of them are clearly as relieved as most of the fans, albeit obviously frustrated that things were allowed to drift so painfully and for so long.

Everybody needs to stick with it until the end. The players will give it their all, and that’s all we have right now. Whether it ends up being good enough or not, they can’t do any more. This is what we’ve got. Get behind them, even if you don’t always feel like it. Save your anger for the summer.

We need someone at least waving at us before the game against Derby, IMO. Ideally in the dugout, but let’s see how realistic that is.

We was all told at the meeting that Elliott Moore had gone to Karl & told him he wanted to step down because his child was unWELL & he felt like it was making his behaviour erratic on the pitch.

No word of a lie. Anyone else there will be able to confirm.

For Moore to come out today & suggest it was taken out of his hands & nothing to do with him completely blows my mind.

Someone is lying.

Last edited:
We was all told at the meeting that Elliott Moore had gone to Karl & told him he wanted to step down because his child was unreal & he felt like it was making his behaviour erratic on the pitch.

For Moore to come out today & suggest it was taken out of his hands & nothing to do with him completely blows my mind.

Someone is lying.
Moore has nothing to gain by lying about it like that. If he didn’t want it, he didn’t have to take it back. He could’ve just left it where it was and nobody would’ve given it a second thought. He wouldn’t have been offered it back, nor accepted it, if he wasn’t capable of handling it or if he didn’t want to have it.

I know who I believe.

We was all told at the meeting that Elliott Moore had gone to Karl & told him he wanted to step down because his child was unreal & he felt like it was making his behaviour erratic on the pitch.

Someone is lying.
It was interesting in how Craig Short said his CB is the captain and Cam and Sam were happy with that, and yes I remember Robbo saying that about what Moore said.

Overall I was encouraged by what I saw today. I understand that right now we just need cold, hard cold points, but that was the best we have played in months. We should’ve won comfortably in terms of the balance of play and general control of the game, but unfortunately we’ve been totally stitched up in the attacking areas. We are woefully short up top, and even though we put a lot more balls into the box and tried to actually create chances, we had nothing in terms of end product. We’re just toothless, and that is going to be a problem.

This 100%

We are down. Let's bring in a manager to figure out how the crap we get 3 points from Barrow away.

Tim, Karl, Grant. Hang your heads in shame.
Bloody hell talk about glass half empty. I am sure the team dont think like that,keep performing like that and the luck will turn and we will get the required points. COYY

Just…sigh.

Ball progression dies with Brown and Long, no patterns of play when attacking in open play, our strategy is seemingly just spamming crosses.

Total mess of a squad that I would only keep a few of in the summer.

The above being said, any incoming manager will just have to try to make us defensively solid and see if we can scrap the odd goal. It’s simply about squeezing out a few results, purging many of the squad and seeing if we can have a full reset in the summer with a new Head Scout & HoR.

I’m more annoyed at the board for allowing KR run around unchecked to see us in this position. He’s left a mess and it will be down to someone else to mop it up for him…not that he probably cares now as he goes on the PR trail for the next job (most probably back down the road to MK).
And how was Long given a three year contract? His crosses were once again appalling and his defending was at best League 2 standard (now I get it)!

This said, whilst I’m not advocating Short for manager, nevertheless, with the poor squad we have, I thought he did a pretty good job with the way he set the team up. Consequently, I thought we dominated the game, in contrast to the totally inept performance of late (half the season). Tough run in but there was some positives I thought from today, although goals are going to be a problem (at least we have Smith and Konate)!!

Last edited:
Bloody hell talk about glass half empty. I am sure the team dont think like that,keep performing like that and the luck will turn and we will get the required points. COYY
We can't keep a clean sheet and can't score. How is our luck magically going to turn pray tell..

Nicely put - and TW if you are reading this; the failure to act at least a few weeks ago, although I’d suggest in November, was simply incompetence on your part. Like Robinson, you’ve lost the confidence of your ‘customers’ and any decent CEO would know it’s time to go.

How on earth did we manage to get 15 corners and not score from one of them?
Statistically speaking, we’d need twice that number to expect a goal. Between about 2-5% of corners lead to goals. Eg https://sqaf.club/goals-from-corners-stats/
It’s a bit of counterintuitive one, but corners just aren’t the amazing advantage it seems. As a defender it is definitely worth knocking it out for a corner if you can.

Last edited:
The penalty incident is simply shambolic defensive play again from Long to say the least. Why was our right back in the left back position
attempting a ‘Hail Mary’ clearance with his right boot? Look at the still below.

The lack of awareness of who was next to him is huge failure of concentration
in what was a huge match.A calamitous mistake.

Of course Brannagan was culpable of exactly the same error a week earlier. We just gift soft goals away and it just has to stop.
When players are in the run of form that we are in these poor decisions happen all too frequently.

And why did we again play in those navy shirts? I get that Robinson had a bizarre fetish for us not to play in yellow shirts on our travels
but Short looks to have this aversion too. Who decides this though. I think it’s scandalous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom