• Sub: McGuane

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Sub: Anderson

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost to a penalty, given not when someone was clean on goal, but more a mistake.
We didn’t concede from open play. We were the more attacking side.
A much improved performance all round.
We lack a striker, which shows what a complete fool Robinson is.
A new manager will hopefully bring in a bounce, fingers crossed.
But equally we don’t score from open play or create opportunities to score goals.
The lack of guile and quality is so striking.

Of the paltry total of three goals scored in the last nine games two were from set plays; a Moore header from a corner
against Barnsley, a Brannagan free-kick versus Plymouth added to a Bate strike from distance at MK.

I have no idea how and where the goals are going to come from to keep us up. Meanwhile 1 or 2 clean sheets in our last 50 games is
criminal.

That was better today, we were in the game for the 90mins,
just the front line is woeful, and has been the case all season.
Should have got something from that today, just caught out by Mandroiu being a bit sharper.
That’s a fare enough comment, but still no goals and no points.

Oh I agree, not saying it's all them. But certainly not helping. Bit like trying to force a back 4 when we have no defensive midfielder. Why not do ourselves a favour and put an extra centre back in? A wing back would put better crosses in from better positions and lighten the load on Brown, for example, whose legs are best saved for the final third.

Our tactics have lacked common sense all season.
I agree but we have no goal threat
Might as well chuck Brown and Long up front
They would cause mere problems than what we have at the moment

For the first time for quite a long while i was unable to go to a game, unfortunately i made the mistake of listening to the match on RadOx. The commentary was a disgrace, full of waffle waffle waffle not what was happening in the game. I feel so sorry for those who only have that means of listening to the game.

Just…sigh.

Ball progression dies with Brown and Long, no patterns of play when attacking in open play, our strategy is seemingly just spamming crosses.

Total mess of a squad that I would only keep a few of in the summer.

The above being said, any incoming manager will just have to try to make us defensively solid and see if we can scrap the odd goal. It’s simply about squeezing out a few results, purging many of the squad and seeing if we can have a full reset in the summer with a new Head Scout & HoR.

I’m more annoyed at the board for allowing KR run around unchecked to see us in this position. He’s left a mess and it will be down to someone else to mop it up for him…not that he probably cares now as he goes on the PR trail for the next job (most probably back down the road to MK).

How on earth did we manage to get 15 corners and not score from one of them?

Because our set piece coach left and prior to that, the GK coach was responsible for them 😂.

No surprise we have dropped from one of the most productive set piece teams in the league…whilst Portsmouth scored 3 I think the other night in a single game.

I agree but we have no goal threat
Might as well chuck Brown and Long up front
They would cause mere problems than what we have at the moment
Judging by Long's embarrassing volley today I'd dispute that!!
GOD has the ability, we were much better after he came on. That save is a wonderful save and highlighted what we'd been missing all season. He was exactly where you'd want him to be and hit the target. Smith can score goals but will also need service. I'd play Wildschut or GOD for now. Joseph is so frustrating to watch. A good coach may be able to slow his game down and get the detail right but he's so damn clumsy and today was the least effective I'd seen him.

I honestly can't see where our next point or points will come from our next three games are derby (h) Morecambe (a) Cheltenham (h) we follow that with an away game at Peterborough I hate to say it but I think we are going down and league two really isn't fun
Trouble is some of our very odd fan base won't mind a jot about being housed in league 2 again they are that bizarre. But, believe me they will want to strike off grounds like Salford from their boy scout list and get a new pin badge for their homemade woolly yellow and blue bobble hats!

Nevertheless, just six weeks ago I thought if we could just beat WW I could also start thinking about some of the new pin badges I could get in the championship to pierce my skin with.... ..oh the irony of it all lol.

Better performances today with a near on carbon copy penalty from last Saturday to set in more rot.

I'm sober and we'll beat Derby next weekend.

COYY'S

I’m more annoyed at the board for allowing KR run around unchecked to see us in this position. He’s left a mess and it will be down to someone else to mop it up for him…not that he probably cares now as he goes on the PR trail for the next job (most probably back down the road to MK).

As @RyanioBirdio put it so eloquently,

He came, he made it better, he burned it all to the ground and he fucked off’

For the first time for quite a long while i was unable to go to a game, unfortunately i made the mistake of listening to the match on RadOx. The commentary was a disgrace, full of waffle waffle waffle not what was happening in the game. I feel so sorry for those who only have that means of listening to the game.
It's bloody annoying that weeks ago people were calling in saying we were in a relegation fight and were poo pooed by the Radio Oxford team. When Jerome said today 'people have finally accepted we're in a relegation fight' I was shouting at the radio 'not people, YOU have'.

It's bloody annoying that weeks ago people were calling in saying we were in a relegation fight and were poo pooed by the Radio Oxford team. When Jerome said today 'people have finally accepted we're in a relegation fight' I was shouting at the radio 'not people, YOU have'.
I don't think they were in bed with Robbo but they do have a special relationship with the club that they want to keep so have to tow the line sometimes

The last time we played with three at the back and wing backs we won. That was our last win.

Don’t really comment on games I haven’t watched but radox were giving impression lincoln were hanging on at the end.

Were they?

Feels like a wacky idea, but why don't we revert back to 5-3-2/3-5-2 (whichever way round you want to have it), seeing as the last time we played it, we won.

Fleming and Anderson are best suited to wing backs anyway. Stick Joseph and Wildschut up front and have Bate, McGuane and Brannagan as a 3.

It may just be the thing that helps us not concede so many, and having 2 big players up front will allow us to compete and maybe actually get the ball close to the oppositions goal.

Then if we so happen to get 15 corners again, then maybe we'll have a chance of doing something with 5 or 6 players on the pitch who are 6ft+.

Trouble is some of our very odd fan base won't mind a jot about being housed in league 2 again they are that bizarre. But, believe me they will want to strike off grounds like Salford from their boy scout list and get a new pin badge for their homemade woolly yellow and blue bobble hats!

Nevertheless, just six weeks ago I thought if we could just beat WW I could also start thinking about some of the new pin badges I could get in the championship to pierce my skin with.... ..oh the irony of it all lol.

Better performances today with a near on carbon copy penalty from last Saturday to set in more rot.

I'm sober and we'll beat Derby next weekend.

COYY'S
And you know for sure that some of our ‘very odd fan base’ would like to see us drop down to League 2? The amount of people who seem to think they are somehow better than other fans and making these divisive comments seems more by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom