• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll see Smyth or Long as a DM

It might only be for one game but let's get a rendition of
🎶 The three musketeers yellow army 🎶 🙂
Head says 0-0
Heart says 1-2

Any win will do ,but iam worried we have such a poor team it's going to be tough to stop the slide .But I shall be watching and hoping like all Oxford fans. 4 wins will do .COYY

A draw at best, we just have such a poor side, the rest of the division took a long time to cotton onto how bad we actually are based on our last couple of seasons but everyone seems to have figured out how truly bad this team/squad is and knows how to play us now.

A draw at best, we just have such a poor side, the rest of the division took a long time to cotton onto how bad we actually are based on our last couple of seasons but everyone seems to have figured out how truly bad this team/squad is and knows how to play us now.
I don't agree this team are as bad as people make out (I know it's been a poor season) I actually think this teams confidence is shot for eg.
Brannagan:he hasn't had a good season but he's still scored goals he doesn't just become a bad player
Moore: again not had a great season and he's not everyone's cup of tea but he doesn't just become a bad defender
Findlay: this guy was a full international for Scotland yea he's not lived up to the hype but there is a good player in there
Bate: been one of our best players this season I just love watching him play
Brown: 7/10 most weeks he's a limited player but he gives it everything he's got
Long: again he's like brown 7/10 wears his heart on his sleeve
Maguane: started the season well but lost confidence as the season went on also maybe he's running out of steam
Now our front three is the problem
Goodrham, Joseph, Browne
Goodrham:he is young energetic but he's still learning his trade
Joseph: I don't believe he's a #9 he doesn't have the confidence in front of goal
Browne: he's had so many injuries he must be s**t scared going on to a football pitch BUT we all know there is a top player in there
This is all just my opinion

Excited for this game, more so than I’ve been in a long time. I hope KR had lost the dressing room and the lads put in great performance.

A team performance is what is required. We need to see players backing themselves, whatever Lincoln throw at us. A point or 3 will be most welcome, but seeing them play as a team at this point is just as important.

Last edited:
Hoping the squad will be motivated more now Robinson has departed. Unfortunately Robinson's legacy is very apparent with a leaky defence, dodgy keepers, no defensive midfielders and our top scorer for the last three season out on loan!

We'll concede but hopefully we can somehow create chances.

Fingers crossed for a point.

Just checked their line up last week
A front three of.
Diamond. Plange Mandroiu
They will cause problems, we can only wish for a front line like that.

Just checked their line up last week
A front three of.
Diamond. Plange Mandroiu
They will cause problems, we can only wish for a front line like that.
Really?

Lincoln have scored only 31 times (15 at home) in the league this season, which is 5 fewer than us. They’re clearly not a prolific side.

Hoping we get something from this

If only we keep a clean sheet I would say we could sneak a 1-0 smash and grab result
But as we don’t going for a 2-0 defeat unfortunately

A difficult score line and performance to predict.

If Robinson was still in charge, then a nailed on defeat.

Short is saying the right things and I’m pleased he’s highlighting our need to be tighter and stronger defensively. Clearly confidence is low, and there’s little belief if we a goal down, so we’ve got to build a solid defensive platform , stay in the game as long as possible and hope that someone like Browne can nick us a goal.

It’s interesting to see that Smyth appears to back in the picture, I’ve no idea if he’s any good, but we might get an idea today.

My heart says a 1-0 victory, my head says a 2-0 defeat.

COYY!

Really?

Lincoln have scored only 31 times (15 at home) in the league this season, which is 5 fewer than us. They’re clearly not a prolific side.
We’ll have to wait and see, but all decent players.
Mandroiu has scored against us before.

Edit : I still feel we’ll get something from today

I fancy us today. I have this blind belief as though this season never happened and I hope the players feel that too. Mini season starts here, clean slate. Short spoke really well in the week so hopefully the players will respond to him.

Said before it would be the most typical football story for us to go there and beat a team unbeaten at home today. Genuinely believe we’ll take this one 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom