Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SUB: GOD

• SUB: Smyth

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • SUB: Mills

• Total voters
The red for Mills was ridiculously harsh. Watched it back a few times and I don’t think that’s a red. It might look a bit clumsy but he’s not out of control and clearly wins the ball. If there are grounds for appealing I think that will be overturned.
Do we know if the club are going to appeal his red card? I assume the decision will have been made by now.

Wasn't even a foul. Was stunned by any comment suggesting that was a red card. Rather pathetic decision to round off a tragic display of refereeing for both sides. Rightly overturned and hopefully some consequences for the referee this week.

I've watched the match replay, at least the bits which weren't obscured by random highlights while the ball was in play. My take on it is that Rovers were well organised and put in a lot of effort to stop us playing, which worked until we scored our goal. However, their final ball was generally hit more in hope than precision, with a lot of crosses into dangerous areas but not picking out their own men. Their two main chances in the first half were as a result of mistakes, firstly from Beadle dropping the cross, and secondly from Long giving the ball away. Cut those mistakes out and they'd have had the difficult header and a couple of half chances from outside the area. We looked far more incisive and composed when we broke forward, we just didn't do it that often.

The second half started well for us but then Rovers had a good spell of pressure without creating a great deal. Long struggled a bit with their wide player but defended quite well, aside from a few loose passes. Moore and Brown were excellent and Leigh coped well. Murphy looked good again when he came on, but really should have scored. He didn't need to take the extra touch which allowed the keeper to close down the angle, I think he'd have scored if he'd shot at that moment.

After we scored our second, we seemed to take it easy and shirk out of tackles, allowing Rovers to cause some pressure which resulted in their goal. Mills may have been fouled but it was soft if so. Smyth's first yellow was a little harsh but he shouldn't really have tried to run to the spot where the free kick was to be taken from. His second was fair enough by the letter of the law and their sent off player had already been booked for similar. Mills' red was a bizarre decision, seemingly given as a result of consulting with the linesman. I think their player decided to take the quick throw-in to dissuade the ref from taking action against him, as he really should have been booked at least. I'm glad they've rescinded the red card.

In the end, GOD did a great job as usual of closing everything down and holding the ball up in the corner. It was great to beat them on our patch. I actually thought the ref had a decent 80 minutes or so but then lost the plot towards the end, which is a shame as although there was a lot of pace about the game, it wasn't particularly niggly and was played in a good spirit. The only person getting really upset was Joey Barton but that's quite normal for him!

As someone else said I’m glad common sense prevailed with the red card rescinded. Anyone who thinks that’s a red is living in an alternate reality where football is no contact. That day will probably arrive but thankfully not in my lifetime!

Surprised by this as normally it seems they circle the wagons, especially at our level. Put me down for another who didn't even think it was a foul and thought Finley was lucky not to get a red. Didn't think we'd have much joy with an appeal as if you slow it down, stop it at the right time and squint it could sort of be construed as dangerous.

Really pleased that we've got him back as he's a great option, caused all sorts of problems when he came on on Saturday

I've watched the match replay, at least the bits which weren't obscured by random highlights while the ball was in play. My take on it is that Rovers were well organised and put in a lot of effort to stop us playing, which worked until we scored our goal. However, their final ball was generally hit more in hope than precision, with a lot of crosses into dangerous areas but not picking out their own men. Their two main chances in the first half were as a result of mistakes, firstly from Beadle dropping the cross, and secondly from Long giving the ball away. Cut those mistakes out and they'd have had the difficult header and a couple of half chances from outside the area. We looked far more incisive and composed when we broke forward, we just didn't do it that often.

The second half started well for us but then Rovers had a good spell of pressure without creating a great deal. Long struggled a bit with their wide player but defended quite well, aside from a few loose passes. Moore and Brown were excellent and Leigh coped well. Murphy looked good again when he came on, but really should have scored. He didn't need to take the extra touch which allowed the keeper to close down the angle, I think he'd have scored if he'd shot at that moment.

After we scored our second, we seemed to take it easy and shirk out of tackles, allowing Rovers to cause some pressure which resulted in their goal. Mills may have been fouled but it was soft if so. Smyth's first yellow was a little harsh but he shouldn't really have tried to run to the spot where the free kick was to be taken from. His second was fair enough by the letter of the law and their sent off player had already been booked for similar. Mills' red was a bizarre decision, seemingly given as a result of consulting with the linesman. I think their player decided to take the quick throw-in to dissuade the ref from taking action against him, as he really should have been booked at least. I'm glad they've rescinded the red card.

In the end, GOD did a great job as usual of closing everything down and holding the ball up in the corner. It was great to beat them on our patch. I actually thought the ref had a decent 80 minutes or so but then lost the plot towards the end, which is a shame as although there was a lot of pace about the game, it wasn't particularly niggly and was played in a good spirit. The only person getting really upset was Joey Barton but that's quite normal for him!
How to stop I follow showing replays when the balls in play. So frigging annoying.

Glad for Mills, he could not believe the Red card was for him and looked behind to see if another player was being sent off.

As @Joey says at this level thought this was unheard of and only the ponded in t he r premier get those sort of reds turned over. Very pleased Nathan young man has pace which will cause problems.

Surprised by this as normally it seems they circle the wagons, especially at our level. Put me down for another who didn't even think it was a foul and thought Finley was lucky not to get a red. Didn't think we'd have much joy with an appeal as if you slow it down, stop it at the right time and squint it could sort of be construed as dangerous.

Really pleased that we've got him back as he's a great option, caused all sorts of problems when he came on on Saturday

Tbf they had a good angle to see it from with the iFollow camera which probably helped.

Wasn't even a foul. Was stunned by any comment suggesting that was a red card. Rather pathetic decision to round off a tragic display of refereeing for both sides. Rightly overturned and hopefully some consequences for the referee this week.

Don't think many though that it was a red card......just many thought that the EFL wouldn't overturn it because they very rarely do for anything that even resembles a hard tackle.

• React
Reactions: m
Don't think many though that it was a red card......just many thought that the EFL wouldn't overturn it because they very rarely do for anything that even resembles a hard tackle.
Wasn’t to suggest it was the general consensus, I only saw a couple on here along with Joey Barton describing it as ‘ridiculous’ which I found comical given the approach he took to the game as a player.

Just astounds me how anybody anywhere could watch that tackle on a football pitch and suggest he’s endangered the opponent.

It’s restored my confidence in the game a little bit that the ban has been squashed. That’s a good sign.

Wasn’t to suggest it was the general consensus, I only saw a couple on here along with Joey Barton describing it as ‘ridiculous’ which I found comical given the approach he took to the game as a player.

Just astounds me how anybody anywhere could watch that tackle on a football pitch and suggest he’s endangered the opponent.

It’s restored my confidence in the game a little bit that the ban has been squashed. That’s a good sign.
I’m not very observant but the tackle was in front of me and i and everyone around me were shouting for their guy to be sent off- we only saw his reaction.

I’m not very observant but the tackle was in front of me and i and everyone around me were shouting for their guy to be sent off- we only saw his reaction.
It was a fantastic tackle. My observation was the Rovers player just wanted the ball for a quick restart and it all turned in to handbags. I don’t think anybody called for a foul apart from the officials and a desperate Rovers bench (or were they just upset at Mills going down?).

Not heard of Al-Hamadi but that's the sort of profile I'd rather us go for. Young and on the way up, the Stockton analogy is a good one as I was always wary of him signing for us on the basis of one very good size month spell in a decade long career. I think there was plenty of chat about him the same time we were heavily linked with Defoe, both of them would have been classic Robinson signings and I'm delighted we've moved away from that. I would be happier with Langstaff than I would Stockton but at his age he's surely worth more to Notts County in terms of getting them up again than he is anyone else.
I've seen Al-Hamadi a few times (I have AFCW mates and go if I can't get to one of our games). He's got all the necessary - quick, aggressive and a physical presence. He'd still be a punt, though. Bombed at Wycombe, but a lot of L1/Championship clubs are looking at him because he has potential. Langstaff is the profile of player we shouldn't touch imo. He's played most of his career non league for a reason. The only player in the last 30+ years who's come out of non league (late- ie mid-20's) and played in the PL is Vardy. And that was specifically because EFL clubs wouldn't touch him until he'd sorted out his off field issues. Lack of pace is normally the reason non league forwards stay non league. Vardy was lightning quick.

My view - you couldn’t be further from the truth. He’s a good lad with bags of talent and a down to earth attitude, I coached him at junior level not long before he moved to Wolves. Trains well and was outstanding the last 2 seasons. He’s very much in the Joey mould in that he’s happy playing near where he and his family live. I can see him being another to cross over to Bristol City in January.
You might be right if you know him but at 26 his times running out.
Like I said he’s a quality player that probably should already be playing at a higher level/for a bigger club. Was just wondering why he isn’t and tbh I thought he’d come through at Rovers and was younger. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom