Home Match Build Up 21/10/2023 L1: OUFC v Blackpool

Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BristolOx

It's a little early to start this. Especially as tomorrow is going to be huge day and the 14 day gap.

If you like all the nerdy stats you can find them here - https://www.soccerstats.com/h2h.asp?league=england3&t1id=8&t2id=3&ly=2024

It summarises our season at the bottom -

This season in the league
Oxford Utd have won 9 of their 11 matches.
Oxford Utd have won their last 5 matches.
Oxford Utd have scored in each of their last 10 matches.
82% of Oxford Utd's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in total.
Oxford Utd have scored the opening goal in 8 of their 11 matches.
Oxford Utd were leading at half-time in 7 of their 11 matches.
Oxford Utd have won their last 4 away matches.
Oxford Utd have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 5 matches.
Oxford Utd have scored 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 away matches.
Oxford Utd have scored 39% of their goals after the 75th minute.
33% of Oxford Utd's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute.

Whereas Blackpool just has -
Blackpool have scored 67% of their goals in the first half.
42% of Blackpool's conceded goals occurred after the 75th minute.

Wonder if the mouthy Blackpool fans will be back on here on the wind up. I suspect not.
Brannagan is magic, he wears a magic hat!

Why is today a huge day?

Tough test for our defence with a striker who realistically is too good for this level in Jordan Rhodes.

We have enough though.

Is Kyle ‘Signed On A Free’ Joseph back playing yet?

5-1 gotta keep that run going 😄

It's going to be tough but so was the rovers game and we won ... Bring it on

💛💙

From Blackpool perspective, we now seemed to have settle into life in League 1 and have just started to click.
It’s not been a very good start for us but recent results have picked up and I’d be very careful about writing us off in this fixture.
I think if Oxford finish 1 place behind us, come the end of the season, it will be a very successful campaign for you guys.

I predict 1-3 Pool, with 770 Seasiders travelling.

From Blackpool perspective, we now seemed to have settle into life in League 1 and have just started to click.
It’s not been a very good start for us but recent results have picked up and I’d be very careful about writing us off in this fixture.
I think if Oxford finish 1 place behind us, come the end of the season, it will be a very successful campaign for you guys.

I predict 1-3 Pool, with 770 Seasiders travelling.
Typically modest outlook from a Blackpool fan.

The brief spell in the Premier League gets more and more distant every year, my orange friend.

I watched the highlights from their game at home with Stevenage nice deflection for their second. Rhodes is playing well, no doubt he’ll be playing in the Championship soon. When Huddersfield recall him In January. Keep him quiet and they are average. One of their contributors to the BBC site wrote “As for Stevenage, not sure i've seen a worse team at Bloomfield Road for a long time. Foul, dive, time-waste, complain. Ugly side to watch with ugly tactics”, sounds like Blackpool beat a poor side.

Tough test for our defence with a striker who realistically is too good for this level in Jordan Rhodes.

We have enough though.
How can a 33 year old who has scored 38 championship goals over the last 5 seasons be ‘too good for this level’? I would disagree and say he is now at the right level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom