Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know what goes on behind the scenes.
How the appointment of a new manager actually happens.
The calls that are made.
The meetings that are had.

Can't help but fear who we might end up with when I think of our board! 🤦🏼‍♂️

All sounds like a pretty open race at the moment unless someone knows something.

Credentials behind 4 or 5 candidates. Can’t say I’d be particularly bowled over by McCann. I think we could do with someone a little more buoyant and ideally someone the fans have a warmth towards from day one. We don’t have the luxury of time to build that up.

I think we’re far more likely to get the required ‘bounce’ from Buckingham, Appleton or Wilder purely for the instant connection with the club.

Nothing more than a hunch but I still maintain it‘s going to be an appointment that none of us are expecting, a foreigner maybe, someone from the SPL or Scottish football perhaps, or a young coach from the PL.

Morison was 66’s earlier. Now 6’s so obviously there’s been at least a couple of bets on him. Tends to suggest he’s going to be interviewed.

McCann was League One manager of the season a few years ago and led Hull to the title.

Yes he’s got some failures as well and not sure he’s an instant hit type manager from a quick look at his record. But as @Scotchegg said earlier, we’re likely to get either someone who’s not managed at this level before or someone who’s got the experience but had a sacking or two along the way. In the latter category that includes McCann, Appleton, Richardson, Critchley etc… none of which I’d be against at all.

Also interesting to note today that the Head of Recruitment appointment is delayed. Maybe a new manager is imminent and the club want the person to be a part of that decision or the preferred candidate wants to bring in someone they know?

It seems to have been missed amongst all the gongs on today but the OM says that Critchley has been removed from the betting? No reason was given

McCann was League One manager of the season a few years ago and led Hull to the title.

Yes he’s got some failures as well and not sure he’s an instant hit type manager from a quick look at his record. But as @Scotchegg said earlier, we’re likely to get either someone who’s not managed at this level before or someone who’s got the experience but had a sacking or two along the way. In the latter category that includes McCann, Appleton, Richardson, Critchley etc… none of which I’d be against at all.

Also interesting to note today that the Head of Recruitment appointment is delayed. Maybe a new manager is imminent and the club want the person to be a part of that decision or the preferred candidate wants to bring in someone they know?
Those quotes and that news regarding Mark Thomas replacement was from a week ago and days before we sacked Robinson. So wouldn’t combine that and the manager search

Anyone fancy sticking a fiver on me to get the job?

Want to see my name briefly go to the top of the odds table so I can screen-grab it and get it framed.

If I DO get the job, I also promise that I won’t wear white trainers.

Anyone fancy sticking a fiver on me to get the job?

Want to see my name briefly go to the top of the odds table so I can screen-grab it and get it framed.

If I DO get the job, I also promise that I won’t wear white trainers.
*White Trainers & additionally that you won’t wear a sweater too small for you.

I like the idea of Grant McCann.

He obviously had good success at this level at Hull, but I actually think his work at Doncaster is what is most interesting and probably most relevant to us.
average win rate of 40.2%

Morison was liked by the Cardiff fan base, he got them playing nice stuff and brought through young talent. He left the club because he stood up to Tan the godawful owner there. Apparently.

I’d say he’s got a reasonable chance.
brought in a fair few signings in the summer, with the exception of Odowda none are standing out at that standard.
New Era signing not working out, and now not getting in at somewhere like York on loan.
Loaned one of the better defenders to Sheff Wed, now back and playing.
Will give you, he gave some youngsters a try. But soon left them out to dry.
Has a attitude, all to similar to someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom