Manager/Coach Life After Manning - New Manager Search

Who do you want as the next OUFC manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t forget though that Short is still there and he’d be a mug not to lean heavily on him in the early days, if Des is as good as we think he’s not going to be revising our playing style from day one, more a case of gentle tweaking I’d have thought.
True I accept that will be massive

Yes but I challenge anyone to find an example of a League 1 team being taken over by a manager who’s coached an Australasian U23 team and Indian prem league team! I’m not saying he’s got zero knowledge. Again people twisting words! Just saying he’s got a longer adjustment period in my opinion
Whereas if we had gone for someone who hasn't even been the No1 that would have been better? He got it because he's what the board want & because he deserves it & is extremely highly rated in coaching circles.

1700156917683.png

How many EFL managers will have Masters?

And a pilot?? Will he be landing his plane onto the center circle? Big Les eat your heart out!

If the club don’t get someone from Sky to interview him while he flies them around the Oxford sky for half an hour, so that he can point out where he grew up when talking about his early life, the site of the old Manor and then the wind tunnel when talking about his beginnings, and ending with a cheeky fly over the triangle while talking about his hopes for the future, everyone might as well go home.

What a lot of snobbery being aired on here by some posters!
As if this man, highly regarded in football circles, a wide experience of coaching around the world, young and with great potential is not good enough for Oxford United! Give the guy a break!
What a lot of guff about “hasn’t coached in English football, tier three, so won’t adapt”!
FFS. It’s an ambitious and intelligent appointment. Get behind him.
And let’s win the league.

If the club don’t get someone from Sky to interview him while he flies them around the Oxford sky for half an hour, so that he can point out where he grew up when talking about his early life, the site of the old Manor and then the wind tunnel when talking about his beginnings, and ending with a cheeky fly over the triangle while talking about his hopes for the future, everyone might as well go home.
It’s the minimum we expect. Welcome home Des

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom