Manager/Coach Next Possible Manager Poll

Who do you want to replace KR?

• Total voters
Don't we have over 5k season ticket holders this season though? Proof will be what attendance the Fleetwood game gets next Tuesday.
I’m not sure the attendance against Fleetwood will tell us anything.
It is mid week in November and people are starting to seriously think about where they spend their spare money with the lead up to Christmas.

Add in the fact that the highest crowd we have ever had against them at home is 6700 which was 5 years ago and I’d be happy with anything over 6000.

I'm not voting until I see the glorious press release that KR has gone.
Still convinced that the board don't see a change is needed.

I’m not sure the attendance against Fleetwood will tell us anything.
It is mid week in November and people are starting to seriously think about where they spend their spare money with the lead up to Christmas.

Add in the fact that the highest crowd we have ever had against them at home is 6700 which was 5 years ago and I’d be happy with anything over 6000.
Fleetwood on a Tuesday night! They will bring 25 close friends and family members, it will be a horrible game and it will rain. We'll probably still get 6K or so which would be decent.

In feeling thoroughly depressed about all things OUFC now. It’s got to a point where I’m contemplating whether a heavy defeat at Portsmouth tomorrow night might not be a bad thing if it sees the end of KR’s reign. And that’s coming from someone who never bets against an Oxford win, even when it’s just score predictions on here. It’s always an Oxford win! The thought of wanting anything other than for my club to do well in every match goes against the grain but It’s all becoming too divisive and toxic now and if that’s what it takes for the board to stop sitting on their hands… 😞

I guess you haven't been to the last 2 home games? Attendances are down, we averaged nearly 8500 last year. This season we have only averaged 7900.

Statistical nerd point. :)
Average 8500 over a whole season including some 10k pushes from this place.
Average 7900 in late October suggests we are actually doing better, especially as we have yet to play a number of "big" (well supported) clubs.

In feeling thoroughly depressed about all things OUFC now. It’s got to a point where I’m contemplating whether a heavy defeat at Portsmouth tomorrow night might not be a bad thing if it sees the end of KR’s reign. And that’s coming from someone who never bets against an Oxford win, even when it’s just score predictions on here. It’s always an Oxford win! The thought of wanting anything other than for my club to do well in every match goes against the grain but It’s all becoming too divisive and toxic now and if that’s what it takes for the board to stop sitting on their hands… 😞
This is something i'll never understand, for all that there are fans that seek a change what's wrong with thinking,believing,hoping that things can be turned around rather than deep down wanting your club to lose matches.

Reading this thread comes across as it's a personal thing against an individual, if that was not the case then for me not 1 fan would want to see us lose.

This is something i'll never understand, for all that there are fans that seek a change what's wrong with thinking,believing,hoping that things can be turned around rather than deep down wanting your club to lose matches.

Reading this thread comes across as it's a personal thing against an individual, if that was not the case then for me not 1 fan would want to see us lose.
Unfortunately some fans have always had an issue with Robinson and it usually does get personal. The usual passing comment that is made is to do with him being scouse.

Only now we are going through a rough time do these people get their moment to get theirs digs in. In recent years we have done quite well which keeps them quiet but even then, over the past few seasons the melt downs from some after a defeat have been way OTT.

Unfortunately some fans have always had an issue with Robinson and it usually does get personal. The usual passing comment that is made is to do with him being scouse.

Only now we are going through a rough time do these people get their moment to get theirs digs in. In recent years we have done quite well which keeps them quiet but even then, over the past few seasons the melt downs from some after a defeat have been way OTT.
You really think I want him gone because he’s from Liverpool…?

Wow…

Spot on.
With some there seems to almost be a hatred.
One thing that I will never ever do us go want Oxford to lose a game of football ( didn't somebody suggest he would want us to lose to Swin*** to get rid of KR?)

Spot on.
One thing that I will never ever do us go want Oxford to lose a game of football ( didn't somebody suggest he would want us to lose to Swin*** to get rid of KR?)
I just want t see an entertaining successful football team. Fair enough you and others like Horseman still believe in KR and still see him bringing success. Others like me don’t, I personally think he’s had long enough and see a decline. It’s nothing personal but unfortunately KR’s fans are so hurt and angered by it they want to believe it’s a personal attack on him. Speaking personally it really isn’t. Someone the other day said people don’t like him because he’s a scouse (their choice of words)! It’s just life that when a manager is winning everyone loves them, when they lose people start to want change. That’s the beauty of football I guess, we all see things differently. It’s not very healthy for the football club unfortunately. I guess eventually one side of the great divide will have to suck it up and accept the situation.

The fact that the most heated debate seems to be around KR as a person and not the football club as a whole reflects modern society I suppose.

Spot on.

The official line for this is should really be 'if we lose/now we have lost, I hope that the defeat spells the end of the manager' not 'I hope we lose so we sack our manager'. One has a desired action in light of a undesired outcome. The other just wills for more hardship in the hope of getting what they want.

I know that I've felt the former before when watching us. Graham Rix for example was only taking us in one direction and I genuinely hoped he'd get the chop after one of his many defeats. He only lasted 29 games and lost 15 of them so I didn't have to wait long ...

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom