Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve liked Grant Mcann for a while, looked to have steadied the ship after he got Hull promoted enough to keep them up for a year

I must admit I’m not really one for following other clubs and how managers have done elsewhere. I’ve quite enjoyed doing a little YouTube research on the different names popping up. McCann does look like the pragmatic choice. Would be a safe pair of hands. Morison seems a no nonsense character though! I don’t think Murphy would know what’s hit him if he rocked up.

I’ve had a bet, but not saying who I’ve backed as my horse. As we gallop to the championship next season.

It would be nice to get a little update from the club today. They obviously can’t give much away but some idea of timescale maybe?

Would be interesting to see what Doncaster and Hull fans think of Mcann as in style of play and am his character. Obviously I know they are his most successful spells so I imagine it would be very positive but Doncaster are a similar size to us and he was given a good length of time there as well which I’m sure he’d get here. Not overly fussed by his Peterborough spell as everyone but Ferguson seems to fail there. Without looking into it I also think his record when he took over Peterborough in the championship was pretty good considering they looked absolutely doomed before he went there, obviously fell short of keeping them up but defiantly gave the a good lift once he took over.

Last edited:
I’ve had a bet, but not saying who I’ve backed as my horse. As we gallop to the championship next season.
KR fell at the first and brought down Fowler, leaving the way clear for Appleton and McCann to fight out a photo finish

Morison does seem an interesting one. Apparently impressed with his attacking style at Cardiff. If he came in I reckon we could pretty much guarantee Gavin Whyte being one of his first summer signings.

Morison does seem an interesting one. Apparently impressed with his attacking style at Cardiff. If he came in I reckon we could pretty much guarantee Gavin Whyte being one of his first summer signings.
I don’t think Gavin played a lot under Morison but could be wrong. I actually think the biggest thing for us this season is being able sort out our defence and quickly.

I find it fascinating. I only really know anything about most of the candidates through reading online and talking to fans I know. I also wonder where KR will end up.
interesting will be if our transfer dealings in the summer are faster and more organised than in KR time. That would show if all that “get business done early“ was KR or the board and or recruitment team.
I just hope they get something done soon and we can’t start building again. Hopefully in league 1.

Last edited:
Good to see the Oxford Mail on top of things and giving us regular updates, too. 🙄
They just seem to be rehashing stuff they’ve seen in the internet. There doesn’t seem to be much direct communication between them and the football club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom