Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Wilder is on BBC now, I'm sure Gary will ask if he's going to Oxford!

Out of interest where do you think a guy who has just been laughed out of the Premier League, and failed when taking a “big” Championship job will go next?

It won’t be Luton, unless he gets very lucky and Rob Edwards is poached.

I can see why taking a Top 6 budget L1 job would be more appealing than a bottom 6 budget Cship job for him too.

It’s ambitious, and I’m not saying I think it will happen, but I’d be looking up your local gym as it’s definitely not as crazy as you imply.
A Championship job, probably.

It would also be career suicide. He got a Premier League job because he performed well in the Championship. You don't suddenly drop to a relegation threatened League One club because you didn't perform well in the Premier League having performed well in the Championship.

It would also be highly improbable given his contract will carry a clause which in which his pay off will be reduced should he assume a role within 'X' period. Financially it wouldn't make all that much sense.

Regardless, he isn't coming to a relegation threatened League One club.

Well, he was distinctly average and his squad was dreadful. Another who is no worse than Appleton was when he joined us. Just a new manager who wants to implement their ideas but never had a chance to build their own squad with any kind of budget.

No way am I advocating him to be our new manager but the same people writing him off for an interview would have done the same to Appleton.
Appleton was already considered a forward thinking coach and had worked with numerous clubs, where Morison was just a lazy cheap in house option for Tan, and it didn’t work out.
Watched his u21 a few times when he was in charge, had some good players like Ratcliffe, Davies, Connolly, Denham and Bagan. But soon forgot where he came from.

Last edited:
Just a thought whilst speaking with someone else.

Does anyone think that a big name former player, or player manager could come in with a s**t load of media attention. Or a foreign manager of similar ilk? The board have been pretty quiet to date, but with the stadium deal still in the balance, what value would national or even international media coverage have for keeping the spotlight on our plans?

Could we be the next Netflix series?! (Without Charlie for obvious reasons!!)

Yes, I think that’s quite possible. But without the Netflix (or Charlie) hopefully.
In all probability a name which hasn’t appeared in the previous 72 pages. Would make life interesting.

Poll has been edited. Have a look, maybe you will want to change your vote.
Why was the poll changed Malc? Intelligence, hearsay or betting? I know very little about these things but wouldn't be surprised if none of those listed were appointed.

My hope is that Mapp (or another tough fucker) is taken on, saves us this season and gets a budget to push us on next season.

I think we've got the players in house to save this season with the right motivation (although any player that doesn't perform because they're not motivated should be gone)

Does anyone think that a big name former player, or player manager could come in with a s**t load of media attention. Or a foreign manager of similar ilk? The board have been pretty quiet to date, but with the stadium deal still in the balance, what value would national or even international media coverage have for keeping the spotlight on our plans?

Squid Games at half time could make things Messi?

Why was the poll changed Malc? Intelligence, hearsay or betting? I know very little about these things but wouldn't be surprised if none of those listed were appointed.

My hope is that Mapp (or another tough fucker) is taken on, saves us this season and gets a budget to push us on next season.

I think we've got the players in house to save this season with the right motivation (although any player that doesn't perform because they're not motivated should be gone)
Taxi for Murphy

@bert I removed the people who were getting very few votes and asked the starter of the poll to add more potential names to the list which he has done.
Nothing mysterious about the changes, just trying to keep the options up to date. You can change your vote at any time.

A Championship job, probably.

It would also be career suicide. He got a Premier League job because he performed well in the Championship. You don't suddenly drop to a relegation threatened League One club because you didn't perform well in the Premier League having performed well in the Championship.

It would also be highly improbable given his contract will carry a clause which in which his pay off will be reduced should he assume a role within 'X' period. Financially it wouldn't make all that much sense.

Regardless, he isn't coming to a relegation threatened League One club.

I think most managers would have a look at the league table and back themselves to see us safe pretty cosily.

We know how rich our board are, there’s every chance we can outspend a few Cship clubs both with manager wages and budget.

He was at the game Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom