• Sub: McGuane

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Sub: Anderson

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A draw at best, we just have such a poor side, the rest of the division took a long time to cotton onto how bad we actually are based on our last couple of seasons but everyone seems to have figured out how truly bad this team/squad is and knows how to play us now.
???????

Watching highlights of the 6-0 game against Lincoln. What a team that was. I honestly think that team was on par with the 2015-16 side in terms of excitement and quality.
Fosu probably played his best ever football in that side. A shame that we had to cash in so quickly. We were never quite the same team after he and Baptiste left.

New broom and all that. Go for it OUFC. To the travelling fans, sing up for the lads. 2-1 away win. COYY's

Hoping for a win, just think it will take time for the team to find their groove that has be missing for so long.

When we came to Lincoln in 2019 there are lots of similarities to this season.......

* 2019 - Lincoln has no manager, Appleton was in the stand however not taking over till Monday.....
* 2023 - Oxford Utd has no manager, Appleton (with other candidates) will probably be in the stands today....
* 2019 - Prior to visiting Lincoln we were on a horrific run of results with only 1 win in 7 games and off the back of a 0-0 draw at Bolton when every other team were smashing 5 and 6 goals past them as they were in free fall....
* 2023 - We are currently on another horrific run of no wins in 8 games similar to 2019
* 2019 - Everything fell for us on that glorious sunny afternoon at Sinclair bank with a 6-0 away victory that will live long and hard in the memories to come......
* 2023 - Let’s hope we can get out of this slump and get the 3 points we so desperately need...

COME ON YOU YELLOWS...

Setting of at 10.15am, taxi into Lincoln Bradford area.

Can this team find a way to put the past behind them? Come on lads, get into em.

When we came to Lincoln in 2019 there are lots of similarities to this season.......

* 2019 - Lincoln has no manager, Appleton was in the stand however not taking over till Monday.....
* 2023 - Oxford Utd has no manager, Appleton (with other candidates) will probably be in the stands today....
* 2019 - Prior to visiting Lincoln we were on a horrific run of results with only 1 win in 7 games and off the back of a 0-0 draw at Bolton when every other team were smashing 5 and 6 goals past them as they were in free fall....
* 2023 - We are currently on another horrific run of no wins in 8 games similar to 2019
* 2019 - Everything fell for us on that glorious sunny afternoon at Sinclair bank with a 6-0 away victory that will live long and hard in the memories to come......
* 2023 - Let’s hope we can get out of this slump and get the 3 points we so desperately need...

COME ON YOU YELLOWS...

Setting off at 10.15am, taxi into Lincoln Bradford area.
YEAH!

LUMP ON!

Wouldn’t be surprised to see:

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Smyth
Brannagan Bate
Henry Joseph Wildschut
Probably the most physical side we could put out. Bar Brannagan and Bate (who are more than happy to scrap despite being pretty short) everybody else is either a six footer or right on the cusp.

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Smyth
Brannagan Bate
Henry Joseph Wildschut
Probably the most physical side we could put out. Bar Brannagan and Bate (who are more than happy to scrap despite being pretty short) everybody else is either a six footer or right on the cusp.

Be surprised if Browne/McGuane don’t play!

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Smyth
Brannagan Bate
Henry Joseph Wildschut

Agree.

It does sound as if Smyth will be involved. Keep it tight, stay in the game as long as possible, save Browne for the last 30 minutes to try and nick something. It may, or may not work but at least it a coherent strategy. Clarity!

I don't agree this team are as bad as people make out (I know it's been a poor season) I actually think this teams confidence is shot for eg.
Brannagan:he hasn't had a good season but he's still scored goals he doesn't just become a bad player
Moore: again not had a great season and he's not everyone's cup of tea but he doesn't just become a bad defender
Findlay: this guy was a full international for Scotland yea he's not lived up to the hype but there is a good player in there
Bate: been one of our best players this season I just love watching him play
Brown: 7/10 most weeks he's a limited player but he gives it everything he's got
Long: again he's like brown 7/10 wears his heart on his sleeve
Maguane: started the season well but lost confidence as the season went on also maybe he's running out of steam
Now our front three is the problem
Goodrham, Joseph, Browne
Goodrham:he is young energetic but he's still learning his trade
Joseph: I don't believe he's a #9 he doesn't have the confidence in front of goal
Browne: he's had so many injuries he must be s**t scared going on to a football pitch BUT we all know there is a top player in there
This is all just my opinion
Totally agree.
We have some decent players as shown when we were the better team at Bolton and Sheffield W.
Need to scrap , get a couple of draws to start with and then get the confidence back

Lincoln unbeaten at home all season.

That changes from 5pm today.

Lincoln 1-2 Oxford.
It would be so good if we can beat them today, what a message it would send.

I‘d take a point, it’ll be tough, but be fab to come away with something today, actually excited about a match again at last.

COYY

Todays ref is Lewis Smith - only promoted to EFL this season, this is his third L1 match. If we are going to be "more physical", 24 games, no red cards is worth noting.....

Lincoln City 1 Oxford United 1.

Much as I’d love a win, that may be a ‘bridge too far’ in one week.

It’s difficult to know how it’ll go this afternoon. Whatever the result, hopefully it’ll give us a clearer indication of the past and future problems post KR.
I’m hoping our poor season is mostly down to confidence in the manager, and we’ll start to see that addressed today 🤞

COYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom