Away Match Day Thread 30/09/2023 L1: Stevenage v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We’re 9 or 10 games in, I’m watching people next to us celebrate as if they’re 35 games in, and when they win a promotion they can come and talk to me”

“They’ve spent bundles… big investment”

Evans not happy with how our bench celebrated? Also mentions Oxford’s big investment a couple of times
I am sure the fat fraud and his odious sidekick would have been the very model of restraint if they'd won!

Another 🤡 on the firm..
Long - solid although at fault for their goal
Brown - they targeted him the whole day,he won more headers than anyone on the pitch
Stevens - got an assist for the first goal & keep his side quiet all day
Goodrham - agree with you - he struggled in the 10 position if I’m honest
Rodrigues - drew so many fouls high up tje pitch it’s unreal,his one touch play was excellent
Bodin - hit the bar which lead to the first goal & looked a threat all day,should’ve scored when 1v1 early in the 2nd half

Don’t agree with your scoring
Long and Brown 6.5 & 6
We conceded 1 goal
Stevens Goodrham Rodrigues were they playing
Bodin scoring maybe when he gets home
Leigh superb

Team for Tuesday

Beadle
Long Moore Brown Leigh
Brannagan mcguane Bodin
Mills Harris Goodrham

My therapist said the same thing and in a Liverpool accent, ever time I got defensive over KR (I think she goated me every Saturday on our losing streak (surely not STFC???!) but she screeched "Calm down, calm down, the ghost will never rest until you let him die" and Iv'e never thought of him since..... until now

If someone back-tested every post on YF and used a logarithm to calculate an autism factor.......and it was like 30% dude...... that would explain so much. It's made me reflective......
Oh no not Im thinking about HIM again. Leave my head PLEEEEASE!

Just making conversation amongst the after gamers

I was born in Leigh so Greg and I share the same urban roots if you look back far enough, in fact after meeting several "Greg"s, In Leigh (at some stage about 35% of adult males in Leigh we named Greg (FOMO????), There was a club in Leigh called "Gregs" which gave priority to ANYONE named Greg). So I started to introduced myself as Greg to those I never expect to meet again. EVERYONE in the local community knows me as Greg. Much to the amusement and confusion of those who know me only as falmouthox. Maybe just a Leigh joke

Does anyone else feel such a "#hometown" and "#nameconnection" to our #goalmachine or tried any other weird social experiments??

Im not sure about NEVER under KR but I grant you not often enough. Im trying not to think about him tbh :p Didnt get beyond the KR comment in your post for fear of flashbacks. Ive taken the posters down from the office and they arent even signed :-( Success may be swift but the emotional recovery of loss may take longer

When I told her my "loss" was Oxford losing KR and how great he was she said to me "TFFT I thought you were grieving a pet"

BTW I have no problem replying to my own comments when its quiet?
IMG_1024.jpeg

Said to my brother before the game that if we won today everyone would have to allow themselves to believe we’re automatic promotion contenders. Hard to feel any other way after that. It’s there to be had.

The squad looks so together and motivated to succeed. The way they celebrated after the third showed that. Murphy is starting to show up and he deserves credit for that, and a clean slate. He’s lucky to still be here but he’s impacting games when he gets an opportunity and looks like he wants to play. If he keeps at it then he can play his part.

As for Greg Leigh, I’ve never loved a man like I love him. Nothing animalistic about my feelings; I adore him. It’s beyond physical. He is The One.
No @RyanioBirdio you can’t have him, he’s mine. You and me in The Bird Tuesday Night - 6.30. Topless oiled-up arm wrestling, best of three wins. To the winner, a no holds barred hour with Gregg Leigh in a room in The Holiday Inn Express by the stadium, the loser has to watch.

We defended superbly. I detest Stevenage’s style but they have some excellent players, ie Reid.

It was like a exam today, the ‘Wycombe’ paper, and after a really rocky start, we passed with flying colours.

Murphy was different class when he came on. What a bench we’ve got.

Beadle creates such security for his defence, that save was the top moment .

The little Stevenage kids were tiresome and that incident with the steward was nasty. He doesn’t sign up for violence when he dons his hi viz. I hope the kid has the book thrown at him.
What happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom