Away Match Build Up 19/08/2023 - L1: Barnsley v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone for a draw, another tough one in the same week but out of the two this would be the tougher of the two, but Tuesday night was a result out of the blue so if we play like we did Tuesday r then who knows.

Agreed. Can't see our game being impacted when Timmy Mallet dies.
At least this is someone worth applauding. I get bored of the minute applause for some obscure old board member of away teams. Every time we do this it diminishes the effect.

It's a game you don't expect much from but we do look dangerous on the break which I think is how it will pan out .Sneak one you never know I think we would all take a point .

At least this is someone worth applauding. I get bored of the minute applause for some obscure old board member of away teams. Every time we do this it diminishes the effect.
Not sure I'd agree with that, I never have a problem with a minutes applause for someone who has dedicated their life to serving a football club.

Barnsley’s highly rated midfielder Luca Connell has an illness and is unavailable and with central defender Liam Kitching the subject of much transfer speculation and a seemingly unhappy Kane, it could mean its a good time to play the Tykes. Still have many quality players though.

Of course Barnsley sold their best defender Mads Andersen to Luton in the summer and James Norwood moved to Oldham.

We haven’t won at Oakwell since April 1993.

So McEachran for McGuane and maybe Rodriques coming back in?
Or the same side as Tuesday?

Barnsley’s highly rated midfielder Luca Connell has an illness and is unavailable and with central defender Liam Kitching the subject of much transfer speculation and a seemingly unhappy Kane, it could mean its a good time to play the Tykes. Still have many quality players though.

Of course Barnsley sold their best defender Mads Andersen to Luton in the summer and James Norwood moved to Oldham.

We haven’t won at Oakwell since April 1993.
Is it time for "BELIEVE" to make a forum comeback? This post has me in that camp

Barnsley are going to be more of a physical side than Derrby were- hope the referee has more balls than Ben Homer Toner was on Tuesday evening ( failed to give a pen, and failed giving deserved red cards IMO )

I get the feeling that with our squad as it currently is, we'll fare better against teams that want to attack us a bit more and get men up the pitch. We've got a few players who can exploit pockets of space and get in behind, but not so many that help us when we need to get at a deep back line.

For that reason I hope Barnsley have a real good go at us tomorrow and are left in a bewildered state at half time after Harris has bagged a first half hat trick.

So McEachran for McGuane and maybe Rodriques coming back in?
Or the same side as Tuesday?
McGuane was our best player Tuesday so can't see him being dropped.

I would actually like to see us play all 3 at some point and give Cam & McGuane more of a license, perhaps this would be the ideal game as they have a very good midfield 3.

I can't see that happening, but I can see one of the three behind Harris being rotated, either Rodrigues for Bodin or Mills for Goodrham perhaps?

I'd say this is a perfect game for the old "don't change a winning team" line. We have some nice options if that doesn't work but must be worth another run out for the same starting eleven to see how they fare. Can't see Bodin being dropped, not least because he's our most experienced head. Whatever happens I'm really looking forward to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom