16/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a pretty poor performance I thought. I'm no tactical expert but the number of amateurish melées in the box makes me think of an u9 game - hit something and hope it was the ball. And yet I thought we played well in bursts - Elliott Moore may be slower than a steamroller but in general his passing, even the long ball, is very accurate; McGuane was full of energy and played really well. It's depressing this isn't turned into results. We give the ball away in midfield wayyyyyy too much. Some of the crosses into the box were really poor. It can't get much worse. I hope. See y'all Saturday, and Tuesday.

On another note: I live in Risinghurst, and last night I made the mistake of thinking I'd catch the bus rather than driving. Never again. Driving takes me ten minutes, bussing took me an hour and a half and two buses each way. Waited in the queue in the Leys after the game for half an hour. I really don't understand why they (who, though?) don't put on a direct bus service to and from some or all of the Park & Rides on matchdays, instead of one service into the city centre. I guess this must have been a complaint for years.

It was a pretty poor performance I thought. I'm no tactical expert but the number of amateurish melées in the box makes me think of an u9 game - hit something and hope it was the ball. And yet I thought we played well in bursts - Elliott Moore may be slower than a steamroller but in general his passing, even the long ball, is very accurate; McGuane was full of energy and played really well. It's depressing this isn't turned into results. We give the ball away in midfield wayyyyyy too much. Some of the crosses into the box were really poor. It can't get much worse. I hope. See y'all Saturday, and Tuesday.

On another note: I live in Risinghurst, and last night I made the mistake of thinking I'd catch the bus rather than driving. Never again. Driving takes me ten minutes, bussing took me an hour and a half and two buses each way. Waited in the queue in the Leys after the game for half an hour. I really don't understand why they (who, though?) don't put on a direct bus service to and from some or all of the Park & Rides on matchdays, instead of one service into the city centre. I guess this must have been a complaint for years.
From Risinghurst! That's no distance and it's crazy if driving is the only convenient way to get there.

From Risinghurst! That's no distance and it's crazy if driving is the only convenient way to get there.
Suggests a project for the future stadium location. Should be a simple logistics exercise. Water Eaton Park and Ride being the destination. Link all the Park and Rides with a single bus route on match days. Something for @OUSP Secretary to take forward?

How many meaningful saves did the Lincoln keeper make?

Long was at fault for both goals

MM looks good in that defensive role because he has so much more time in there. Get a bloody imposing holding midfielder in and get McGuane higher up the pitch with CB.

Taylor was isolated, again!

I’m sorry but Robinson is losing it. Been the better team in every game/dominated first half tonight/injuries to those injured are just unlucky.

All of the above is utter crap and if he thinks the supporters are just going to accept that ‘it’s football’ then he must be an ostrich.

This is Robinson’s squad.

- Robinson recruited Jones, who’s played next to no football for 3 years and is yet to be trusted to start a game.
- Robinson signed Baldock, despite knowing his injury record over a long period of time.
- Robinson signed Browne, who he knew had chronic knee injuries previously.
- Robinson signed Murphy who managed 10 (TEN!) games last season.

We’ve got no competition for a full back in Long, who has had one outstanding season at this level. Beyond that, he’s been bang average and in fairness to him, he’s probably playing to his natural level right now.

Seddon (who I thought was ok tonight) was recruited by Robinson, before being unceremoniously dropped by him last season, only to then get the nod again this season! He’s not good enough.

The excuses must stop.
Pretty much everything I and others have been saying for months, but were shot down by the Karl Robinson fan club members!

Watch your back, they’ll be after ya!

Touched on this a few times in the past, the bus from the train station takes almost as long as the Train to Oxford. stop start every few minutes letting people on/off for/with shopping. Wait 30 minutes + after the game often in the cold or pouring rain waiting for a bus, only for 3/4 arrive at once and people crammed in like sardines is not the best experience especially with children. That's without the panic that you're in danger of missing the last train home. Have travelled back with a few away fans on the bus who only just made their train back North

Findlay, I always find it interesting how people can watch the same game and have such different opinions, I'm sure there's a player there but I'm yet to see it. Does quite well winning first contact but seems slow, not as dominant as I hoped and really poor on the ball.
I agree, from what I’ve seen, I think he’s awful, league 2 standard.

And Moore’s not much better to be honest.

Hope it’s just poor form, and they both improve, otherwise we’re in trouble.

May have been detailed earlier here but what did PRB say about the supporters at half time?

I'm really having a crappy week...

Endless complaints from customers as a result of being understaffed, and three colleagues handing in their notice on top.

Our house purchase might not happen at the last hurdle due to structural defects picked up in the survey

And OUFC being shite.

At times like these I guess all you can do is laugh... oooooff.
Karl?

Each of those 'negatives' or 'risks' or 'gambles' may be ok in isolation - can you not see that the sheer number of them is the issue?

Go for Browne, take a risk on Baldock - but how about backing it up with signing a number of players who've consistently played circa 40 League games at or around this level in recent years - a la Ryan Williams? It's not rocket science - it's building a robust squad that can compete over 46 League games - KR has 'built' a squad that is struggling over 4.
Agree. While both had their limitations we really missed players like Williams and Sykes last night. Experienced but energetic players who know how to get under the skin of the opposition and ask questions of them. We are a fragile and one dimensional, so easy to play against.

So, here we sit. 3 piddling points, 4 games in.
The flying start that we all hoped for has certainly not happened. In fact, it does feel a little like we are still in the low of our late and disappointing finale of last season.
The much vaunted ‘get our transfer business done early’ waffle was just that. Waffle! Again!!

The frustration of our prep for this season has been widely discussed and while not all of it is down to Karl, he certainly has to carry the Lions portion of blame for the way it has panned out.

The kinder fixtures in this opening month offered us an opportunity to put points on the board but for whatever reason, the team were clearly undercooked.
Players unfit, out-muscled and tactically outsmarted, it looks like we are all over the place.
Let’s not talk about the injuries or form or recruitment.
He is charged with bringing all these factors together and shaking the magic bag, but this team at the present time are not collectively playing anywhere near their abilities and that is down to him.
The frailties of this team have been glaringly obvious from before the end of last season. We all knew what was required and yet here are…!🤬
He needs to sort this malaise quickly, or it won’t just be our season kicked down the road!
After all, this is not the first (or second) time that he has overseen a dreadful start here.
Very good post.

May have been detailed earlier here but what did PRB say about the supporters at half time?
words to the effect of fans should not be booing, the players will know they haven't played well and the fans should be getting behind the team.

This is one for those upset with the lack of atmosphere!

I have come up with a new chant for us to sing against Morecombe, and quite an easy one!

It goes to the tune of Glory Glory Hallelujah, but more inspired by Blood on the Risers.

We can all get behind this one and sing it loud on Saturday!

Boring, boring, what a hell of a way to lose.
We ain't gonna win no more!

Suggests a project for the future stadium location. Should be a simple logistics exercise. Water Eaton Park and Ride being the destination. Link all the Park and Rides with a single bus route on match days. Something for @OUSP Secretary to take forward?
Hopefully they will have enough buses as there am some of us who travel from near the edge of the county.

This is one for those upset with the lack of atmosphere!

I have come up with a new chant for us to sing against Morecombe, and quite an easy one!

It goes to the tune of Glory Glory Hallelujah, but more inspired by Blood on the Risers.

We can all get behind this one and sing it loud on Saturday!

We ain't gonna win no more!
Give up

Anyone have a link to RadOx’s interview with KR?

The WATG on BBC Sounds show is 20 minutes long. Half of it is the risible ‘Squad Goals’ filler programme and it cuts short. The following Paul Miller show starts with the news so there’s doesn’t seem to be anywhere to listen to KR’s ramblings to Nathan.
Please, please, please don’t hurt yourself by listening to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom