16/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see Bate start tomorrow, can imagine Lincoln will come and have a go so an extra orthodox midfield man to counter their pressing. Will allow us to control the game a bit more too.

Eastwood

Long
Moore
Findlay
Seddon

Mcguane

Brannagan
Bate

Henry
Taylor
Browne

433 which can flip to a 4312 if needed with Henry dropping in behind the two front men.

Subs;
Mcginty
Brown
Jones
Goodrham
Bodin
Gorrin
Joseph

I really cannot understand why posters are suggesting we include a goalkeeper who had an embarrassingly poor first 45 minutes -were I unkind I'd say it was laughable - and a just about OK 2nd half last Tuesday, versus a guy who's only conceded two goals in three games. And I don't buy the 'better distribution' argument'. On a 90 minutes showing, McGinty's is no better or worse than Eastwood's.
You’re judging McGinty on 1 game?!
The fact that last season’s number 1 has been loaned out and McGinty has stayed should tell you what the club think of him and I’d rather trust their judgement considering they see him every day in training.

The fact that last season’s number 1 has been loaned out and McGinty has stayed should tell you what the club think of him and I’d rather trust their judgement considering they see him every day in training.
I think that he is questioning why Eastwood would be dropped having done pretty well and let 2 goals in 3 games?

No, of course I'm not. Are you? I'm simply suggesting that (1) it would be unusual to drop a keeper who has only let in two goals in three games and (2) after an undistinguished debut last week it might not yet be the time to throw McGinty into a League game. That said, I'm sure he'll make it sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom