16/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Lincoln City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must win. As are the 3 league games after. All v average/poor opponents.

McGinty
Long Moore Findlay Brown
McGuane Bate Brannagan
Goodrham Joseph Browne

Subs: Eastwood, Seddon, Gorrin, Jones, Henry, Bodin, Taylor

3 Lincoln yellows making the trip, a long day and a late night however we must get our season back on track,!
We could and should have been out of sight in the Rovers game even before they scored And the kind of petered it.
3 draws from 3 League games for Lincoln, plus dumping Doncaster out of the EFL cup last week with a convincing 3-0 away win so we will be tested on Tuesday so getting a good start and going in front is a must for us.

Major overhaul for me, Long only just made it over Jones

McGinty
Moore Findlay Brown
Long McGuane Seddon
Bate Brannagan Browne
Joseph

Subs: Eastwood, Goodrham, Gorrin, Jones, Henry, Bodin, Taylor

Major overhaul for me, Long only just made it over Jones

McGinty
Moore Findlay Brown
Long McGuane Seddon
Bate Brannagan Browne
Joseph

Subs: Eastwood, Goodrham, Gorrin, Jones, Henry, Bodin, Taylor
What formation is this 3-3-3-1 bit narrow isn't it

For me it's all about the performance tomorrow night. We have been poor in 4 x games and somehow got lucky in beating Cambridge and pegging Swansea back. Let's be honest it could of been quite easily 4 defeats.

We need to switch it around from the start, line up like this. 4-1-2-3

McGinty
Long Moore Findlay Brown
Mcguane
Brannagan Bate
Henry Joseph Browne

4-4-2 diamond
Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay brown
Mcguane
Bates brannagan
Brown
Taylor Joseph
Good thing about that formation is you can go from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 with only 1 change

Must win. As are the 3 league games after. All v average/poor opponents.

McGinty
Long Moore Findlay Brown
McGuane Bate Brannagan
Goodrham Joseph Browne

Subs: Eastwood, Seddon, Gorrin, Jones, Henry, Bodin, Taylor

Whilst 3 points may be important at any time of the season there is the rest of the marathon to run.................. "must win" appearing in Mid-August - games gone. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

4-4-2 diamond
Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay brown
Mcguane
Bates brannagan
Brown
Taylor Joseph
Good thing about that formation is you can go from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 or 5-3-2 with only 1 change
Ironically that's even more narrow than my suggestion.

I really cannot understand why posters are suggesting we include a goalkeeper who had an embarrassingly poor first 45 minutes -were I unkind I'd say it was laughable - and a just about OK 2nd half last Tuesday, versus a guy who's only conceded two goals in three games. And I don't buy the 'better distribution' argument'. On a 90 minutes showing, McGinty's is no better or worse than Eastwood's.

We have to win no question about it followed by a win on Saturday.
Hello f we don’t the melt down we seem to be having will turn into lava but, but having said that it will be justified.

I really cannot understand why posters are suggesting we include a goalkeeper who had an embarrassingly poor first 45 minutes -were I unkind I'd say it was laughable - and a just about OK 2nd half last Tuesday, versus a guy who's only conceded two goals in three games. And I don't buy the 'better distribution' argument'. On a 90 minutes showing, McGinty's is no better or worse than Eastwood's.
It's about distribution mcginty is better with his feet

It's about distribution mcginty is better with his feet
But he's not! Last Tuesday he continually played the ball to Moore on his right, because presumably he was uncomfortable passing to Brown (and then Findlay) on his left. I can remember one excellent long pass out to the left wing, but nothing more. And surely the key component of a keeper's role is to stop shots. Also, as has been noted elsewhere, we no longer have a McNally, Atkinson or Dickie to bring the ball out of defence, thus negating the short pass across the box game to a certain extent. Whether we have Eastwood or McGinty in goal, I don't think either Moore or Findlay is particularly comfortable with a short passing game.

To me a couple of clearly must does.

Brown to start over Sneedon
Henry and Bodin not selected as wide players and probably not selected at all

It is mad to call tomorrow a must win - but if we don't win, and especially if we don't play well again, then the pressure is going to build and build.
The way the fixtures came out, our first seven games are a big opportunity to get ourselves in the mix; if we don't take advantage of them then we're going to find ourselves in a hole this season.

I would also play a midfield three of McGuane behind Brannagan & Bate. And I'd also play Brown at LB. Then we need pace on the flanks, whether that's Browne & Goodrham/Jones behind Joseph/Taylor or Browne & Joseph behind Taylor. Can choose based on who's looking quickest and sharpest in training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom