European Championships Nike England Shirt

Should Nike have "played" with the St George's cross?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
American sportswear company Nike have, seemingly with the approval and blessing of the FA , took it upon themselves to 'mess about' with the England flag on the official Euros shirt.

Also its rumoured the Nike England Euro shirt will be retailing at £100

Not that I tend to buy England replica shirts ( nor for that matter OUFC replica shirts) for myself, if I did, I definitely wouldn't be buying the new Nike one, not with a bastardised interpretation of the St Georges cross England flag... Not at that extortionately ridiculous price ( The shirts are made in Thailand I believe, each shirt costs Nike £12.50 to have made, this isn't profiteering , it out and out rackateering)

How dare Nike take it upon themselves to change the depiction of ANY countries national flag. SHAME on the FA for allowing them to get away with it IMO

433869696_10159874812906957_7972425799757924958_n.jpg

Last edited:
£125 for the "match" version - this apparently means the badge is embroidered same as the players ones.
£85 for the "stadium" version - the badge is just sewn on.

Either way its a rip off. I'll stick with buying OUFC shirts.

Personally I don't care about that little cross. I don't see it as a flag. Its just a cross on a bit of blue cloth.

Having looked on the Nike website, the French one is even worse - They've put a massive cock on the front (and I dont mean Mbappe)

Last edited:
£125 for the "match" version - this apparently means the badge is embroidered same as the players ones.
£85 for the "stadium" version - the badge is just sewn on.

Either way its a rip off. I'll stick with buying OUFC shirts.

Personally I don't care about that little cross. I don't see it as a flag. Its just a cross on a bit of blue cloth.
Just because you dont see it as a flag doesnt mean it actually isnt the flag. It 100% is the flag.

Just because you dont see it as a flag doesnt mean it actually isnt the flag. It 100% is the flag.

Its not the England flag though as its the wrong colours, just a random bit of virtue signalling to get a bit of attention and press.

I just bought one of those retro England tops for the Euros and by the pool on holiday, a lot cheaper and without the nonsense, appreciate its not the thing youngsters will want so feel sorry for parents.

Its not the England flag though as its the wrong colours, just a random bit of virtue signalling to get a bit of attention and press.

I just bought one of those retro England tops for the Euros and by the pool on holiday, a lot cheaper and without the nonsense, appreciate its not the thing youngsters will want so feel sorry for parents.
Exactly, and it distracts from the disgusting price

Why all the fuss?
George was not out patron saint, he was forced upon the English by the Romans to replace Saint Edmund, a real Englishman who died for his country.
Replace the multi coloured cross with a crown and crossed arrows ( Saint Edmund's banner) and I'll consider buying one.

bloody Romans, what have they ever done for us?

Is it virtue signalling? Apparently the colours are taken from the 1966 training kit (which is a fairly obscure thing to reference), rather than signifying anything. I'm not sure when I see it that I think anything other than 'What on earth is that?'! It's been turned into a random cross shaped logo.

But it has generated the publicity I suppose it was always calculated to - they'll produce one with the flag in the the correct colours due to 'popular demand', people will buy the original as a 'collectable' and the wallets of the gullible will have been efficiently drained.

Is it virtue signalling? Apparently the colours are taken from the 1966 training kit (which is a fairly obscure thing to reference), rather than signifying anything. I'm not sure when I see it that I think anything other than 'What on earth is that?'! It's been turned into a random cross shaped logo.

But it has generated the publicity I suppose it was always calculated to - they'll produce one with the flag in the the correct colours due to 'popular demand', people will buy the original as a 'collectable' and the wallets of the gullible will have been efficiently drained.

Really? That's just bizarre then, you wonder how anyone would even come up with that?

And it's probably not slim fit which is a bonus for many of us. 🫤

I've found the tantrums about this pathetic. It's a shirt being used for one competition, nobody has changed the nation's flag. It feels very "get a bloody grip", all the talk of it being an outrage.

So, we get the septics to design our national team's shirt and allow them to colour the flag of St.George purple? Then the FA decide that they can happily flog this bit of tat for £125 a go?

I'm taking the wrong medication, I really am.
Yeh but....

20240322_132757.jpg

Don't buy one, simple as that.
Extortion at it's best!! Probably overpriced by £100, no thanks.
Replicas will be on market stalls by the summer.

Back
Top Bottom