World Cup 20/08/2023: Women’s World Cup 2023 FINAL - Spain v England

Is the England men's goalkeeper top available? I've tried looking on the official England site, but can only see GK shorts on there...

..although I may just be having a 'man look'.

The men's black goalkeeper shirt is still available through Sports Direct (with a massive free mug!) But this is the 22/23 kit with a new kit normally released in September.

But I'm guessing that once the new kit is released then the goalkeeping shirts will also be readily available.

The men's black goalkeeper shirt is still available through Sports Direct (with a massive free mug!) But this is the 22/23 kit with a new kit normally released in September.

But I'm guessing that once the new kit is released then the goalkeeping shirts will also be readily available.
Something to keep an eye on when the kits are updated then. I'd presumed that the England Ladies kit was the same design as the Mens I must admit, guessing it isn't.

closer to home - my partner, who claimed for ever, that she doesn't like or get football ( despite growing up in Horwood close- right next to the London rd entrance to the Manor) , not only watched the WWC final, got a bit animated several times during the game ... and has after the WWC final earlier ended, expressed her interest in going to watch the yellow roses/ OUWFC play a few times this season
I feel this post has gone a bit under the radar and shows just how powerful and for the greater good the rise of the women’s game is.
This isn’t a young kid suddenly getting into the sport, this is a adult who has had no interest in the sport until now and due to the success of the women’s national team, OUFC ladies will benefit due to have 1 extra fan this season. This is just 1 case but how many more will there be? I’d imagine the OUFC ladies games have much higher attendances this coming season due to the England women getting to the final.
Well done Lady Sarge for embracing it and wanting to get involved with supporting the sport.

no Sunak or any senior royal at the game was disappointing- and IMO a bit disrespectful
I can't understand how Cleverly could have been able to actually concentrate on watching the match in the stadium when he must have been suffering from horrendous jetlag. I've suffered from it myself and it takes a couple of days to fully recover from it. He should have stayed at home and watched it on TV.

It's good to see that the Goalkeeper shirt has suddenly become "commercially viable" unless of course that was some bullshit excuse!

It's good to see that the Goalkeeper shirt has suddenly become "commercially viable" unless of course that was some bullshit excuse!
"commercially viable" but in limited numbers.... and we yet managed to do an "extremely limited run" of Truck shirts which we can't have been losing money on...

Well hopefully some of those who have been vocal about it will actually purchase the shirt now and really make the point.

BUT it should never have got this far, this was mentioned before the tournament repeatedly.

"commercially viable" but in limited numbers.... and we yet managed to do an "extremely limited run" of Truck shirts which we can't have been losing money on...
...which makes you wonder why the FA didn't step in and get this done themselves.

Hopefully the next time the England shirt deal comes around for renewal that ALL kits are made available as part of the contract. If Nike don't want to do it, then go elsewhere.

...in fact, if when negotiations are being held any company decides to pull something like this again, they can just simply...

mary-earps.gif

Well hopefully some of those who have been vocal about it will actually purchase the shirt now and really make the point.

BUT it should never have got this far, this was mentioned before the tournament repeatedly.

Should at least be 150k as that many signed the petition.

Should at least be 150k as that many signed the petition.
If Marcon said that they weren't producing Oxford kits for Kids because they weren't commercially viable I'd expect complaints from people regardless of whether they would personally get a shirt or not.

A petition is not a pre-order and shouldn't be used as a benchmark.

If Marcon said that they weren't producing Oxford kits for Kids because they weren't commercially viable I'd expect complaints from people regardless of whether they would personally get a shirt or not.

I'm sure you can buy an Accrington Stanley goalkeeper's jersey and I bet a Mary Earps one would sell a lot more. But surely it's up to the FA or whoever to commission them, not the clothing company?

If they are that exercised to do the petition then they should put their money where their mouth is.

Macron would have good data on the amount to make so if it wasn't viable I'd expect they'd put the onus back on OUFC to cover the difference.

Maybe the England kit manufacturers had data that it wasn't commercially viable and took that decision as a result as the FA weren't willing to cover any difference. So if the petition data etc has made that potentially viable, then as I said above as they are helping create a risk for somebody else if they don't.

If the manufacturers don't at least breakeven then it may not be offered in the future regardless of any bad publicity/petitions. So maybe it is important the petitioners back their own calls for the shirts to be offered.

All that said I doubt they'll struggle to sell a limited run anyway.

Funny how Nike have suddenly decided to sell the keeper kits now. I’m sure it has nothing to do with her being the best keeper at the World Cup and a world record bid put in for Earps…

"Spanish football in crisis".......................

For this?
1693036877732.png

Or this?
1693036938907.png

Or is it a mountain out of a couple of molehills?

Different cultures and all that.................... which we have to respect don`t we?

Spanish FA are backing their President's version of events at the WWC final presentation

Rubiales claims Jenni Hermoso lifted him up , and consented to him kissing her

The footage Ive seen 'says' otherwise to me

81 players are now refusing to play for Spain until he goes. He has said he wont resign

Lionesses have issued a collective statement of support backing Hermoso and her claim of sexual harassment, misogyny and assault by his non consensual touching and kissing of her during the presentation ceremony. Othe nations players are also supporting Hermoso...

Attachments

• 370551306_834539348032906_4021889566911764167_n.jpg
    370551306_834539348032906_4021889566911764167_n.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom