European Championships Nike England Shirt

Should Nike have "played" with the St George's cross?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about if they made it 2 Lions and 1 Robin?
I see Joey Barton has made a considered intervention calling it 'woke, gay communist nonsense' intended to 'appease all the lesbians who play for the Lionesses'. Thanks for that, ex Rovers guy.

A more sensible person has pointed out that the 2012 Team GB Olympic uniform involved a section of Union Jack in shades of blue with no red, and no one complained, and said 'This country has gone utterly backwards'.

I much preferred the England Cross colours on our paint splattered away shirt from the mid 90s that I still have!

The cost of those new shirts is absolutely ridiculous!

American sportswear company Nike have, seemingly with the approval and blessing of the FA , took it upon themselves to 'mess about' with the England flag on the official Euros shirt.

Also its rumoured the Nike England Euro shirt will be retailing at £100

Not that I tend to buy England replica shirts ( nor for that matter OUFC replica shirts) for myself, if I did, I definitely wouldn't be buying the new Nike one, not with a bastardised interpretation of the St Georges cross England flag... Not at that extortionately ridiculous price ( The shirts are made in Thailand I believe, each shirt costs Nike £12.50 to have made, this isn't profiteering , it out and out rackateering)

How dare Nike take it upon themselves to change the depiction of ANY countries national flag. SHAME on the FA for allowing them to get away with it IMO

View attachment 18495

A f*****g men to that.

My P**s is well and truly boiled.

The country's going to pot.
The flag is red & white end of.
That does not look or represent England in any shape or form.
Apart from it's a cross, pathetic..

I’m more concerned about the record child poverty figures.
Yes agreed ,I think you'll find the amount of big companies exploiting child slave labour.is more than you think, & if not child ,then just cheap labour...
The thing is ,it still doesn't stop people buying it.
Also the prices your paying now ,for quality that's not half as good as it was. Shoe sizes ,either to big or small , a medium is large now,a large is XXL. Stitching falls apart , 1 wash & it ends up XXSmall & the dye runs out.
As for trainers the quality is nowhere as good as when I was growing up,in the sixties, seventies & eighties. Proper thick leather & stitching..
In fact everybody's getting ripped off,apart from big national companies..

Last edited:
There'd be a good fair few fathers ,grandfather's & forefathers turning in there Graves...

Yes agreed ,I think you'll find the amount of big companies exploiting child slave labour.is more than you think, & if not child ,then just cheap labour...
The thing is ,it still doesn't stop people buying it.
Also the prices your paying now ,for quality that's not half as good as it was. Shoe sizes ,either to big or small , a medium is large now,a large is XXL. Stitching falls apart , 1 wash & it ends up XXSmall & the dye runs out.
As for trainers the quality is nowhere as good as when I was growing up,in the sixties, seventies & eighties. Proper thick leather & stitching..
In fact everybody's getting ripped off,apart from big national companies..
I think @chromeyellow is referring to this...

Its weird because every politician (Keir, Farage and some others) has jumped in with faux outrage imagining this is the next great culture war. When actually, nobody really cares.

The price is hilarious though. Anyone who buys one is a nut case.

Not surprised at over £100 a shirt

With all these impoverished children we should soon be able to bring sweat shops back to our shores, thus reducing the price of the kits. However this will then lift these children out of poverty as they won’t have to pay so much for the kit, meaning we won’t have enough kids to work in the sweat shops and the price will rise as we have to outsource it to little foreign kids. Not certain how we get out of this vicious circle, can see why Elton wrote a song about it, powerful stuff.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 09.11.52.png

Just look at this horror! May need to provide counselling for some members of the forum.
This abomination has been on open display wherever Oxford play. It's even on our club website

Yellow is well known as the colour of cowardice- whoever made this flag is calling our lads bottlers.

Last edited:
View attachment 18505

Just look at this horror! May need to provide counselling for some members of the forum.
This abomination has been on open display wherever Oxford play. It's even on our club website

Yellow is well known as the colour of cowardice- whoever made this flag is calling our lads bottlers.
Well let's put it this way, that's not an England flag. Wrong colour.. To me that's a Oxford United flag , with a England three Lions in the corner... In the right colours .... Yellow also symbolises happiness.

View attachment 18505

We haven’t had that blue since the mid 80s have we? I’m triggered

Back
Top Bottom