European Championships England v Malta/Macedonia

ZeroTheHero

Is anyone else watching this? In the absence of a match tomorrow I thought I'd have a look.

It's nigh on half time and England are only one up - and that was an own goal by Malta. 80,000 people have turned up but blimey it's poor stuff.

Dull tripe. Rashford is so hot and cold isn't he? Just seems to absent half the time

It's soooooo boring omg there is no attacking threat by either team it's like a pre season game

Is anyone else watching this? In the absence of a match tomorrow I thought I'd have a look.

It's nigh on half time and England are only one up - and that was an own goal by Malta. 80,000 people have turned up but blimey it's poor stuff.
It's a disgraceful performance.

I turned on after the goal and it’s been poor but we have already qualified so pretty much the ultimate dead rubber.

Yes it’s pretty crap isn’t it. How can the officials get the Kane incident so wrong and VAR not even look. I listened to yet another hour about VAR on Whyte and Jordan this morning and guess what they will be discussing again on Monday. Simon Jordan is a brilliant listen by the way.

You’d sack one of the most successful England managers ever because we’re only one up in a meaningless game? Right
It depends what you mean by successful?

I’d say he’s been a failure, you’re only successful when you win something. The massive amount of depth of players he has to choose from. If he’s that good why are players being picked that can’t even start for the club sides ie Phillips. Where is Ward Prowse…. Why Maguire. Why not Ben White or Dan Burn who deserve their chance.

It’s all backwards and sideways against a nobody team with all due respect.

I turned on after the goal and it’s been poor but we have already qualified so pretty much the ultimate dead rubber.
True, we have qualified. But you'd hope professional footballers who are representing their country in front of 80,000 paying supporters would be able to put on a better show than this. In tone, it reminds me a little of our game against Maidenhead - the 'superior' side thinking they only have to turn up to win and then unable to get out of first gear when they realise it isn't as straightforward as they thought. Foden (and now Saka) look like the only two with a bit of fire in their bellies.

You can see what the Negative has said at half time.

“Well done lads” more of the same.

We’ve scored 1 goal against a team that has finished bottom of the group stages 14 times in a row.

That’s how bad this performance has been. Absolutely dreadful. They’re instructed to play this way, and it’s embarrassing.

There are a hell of a lot of empty seats now, and it's pretty quiet at Wembley. I suppose everyone has gone home to watch some paint dry.

Please tell me TAA, Henderson and Gallagher wasn’t the midfield three?! That’s so defensive at home to Malta! I thought England had turned to a 4-2-3-1 much like Oxford play, with Bellingham behind the striker? In his absence surely Foden or Palmer should have played there.

Southgate’s obsession with Henderson is bordering on the psychotic

Back
Top Bottom