Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our owner spends more time talking publicly about his old club than us.
2nd March

and note this
“Moreover, Inter is like a family and in order to really be part of it you have to stay in Milan, whilst I’m focused on matters here in Indonesia,” he continued.

FFS
And here's us thinking he chose us out love, if we don't get the go ahead on a scaled down stadium project, then we are in the s**t. Hence the B*****s we are in now regarding our off field matters.

And here's us thinking he chose us out love, if we don't get the go ahead on a scaled down stadium project, then we are in the s**t. Hence the B*****s we are in now regarding our off field matters.
There are deeply political reasons for Thohir and Bakrie to be involved in Oxford. It’s all out there and very easy to find, and has been flagged on this forum before. Anybody who believes that this is solely a footballing venture for these people is being very silly.

This will likely get me in trouble and some prominent individuals may get their backs up as a result, but there we go. It’s not even an opinion once you lay the pieces out on the table. There are merely facts.

Doesn’t mean we can’t benefit from it all, of course. In fact, I would argue that it’s pretty important that we do well out of it. But it’s not because these billionaire politicians and titans of industry are in awe of the ‘Oxford brand’. Honestly, it makes me laugh when people suggest that they’re simply gagging for a bit of the action. These people have entire f*****g skyscrapers named after them and their families, and are capable of walking into the White House and exchanging casuals texts with the richest man on the planet.

A little 18,000 seater stadium on the edge of Kidlington is not a feather in their cap. Nobody can honestly believe that.

Anyway, that’s for another thread another time.

^^^

Waiting to be chewed up and spat out at any time we no longer serve a purpose.

Precarious.

I’ll be honest and say I don’t really know too much about him. Hopefully he gets the team going quickly, then the rebuild can really begin in the summer.

Only thing that worries me is he is an ex MK Dons manager…

Ex MK manager who plays attacking possession based football, sacked this season after good success in previous years.

Does he do a scouse accent?

I do think it's peak Oxford to go for a manager sacked from team doing worse than us, when other 'better' names were in the frame.

My only hope is this comes with new coaching staff, and another name in a DoF type role.

Last edited:
That’s it then!

Yes, seems so. I’m happy with this appointment and glad we didn’t go for a typical journeyman lower league manager. As I’ve said before, the performance of his MK side here last season was phenomenal and way above that of a L1 side. Didn’t get the result on the night but the performance had everything I’d want to see. Total control of the ball, quick, incisive and strong, we were like kids bouncing off them and couldn’t get near the ball for an hour. Obviously that was just one game. My only reservation is the job Ainsworth did on him in the play offs but MK had chances to have put that tie well and truly to bed.

Well if it's manning then I'm happy enough with that yeah he's had a bad season and got sacked but so did Appleton and so did McCann so let's just get behind the new guy and the team and as a one let's try and stay in league one

Interviews are fallible though giving some sort of test or project to do can be useful. However they’re more reliable than asking what a bunch of online guys ‘reckon’.
I don't necessarily agree. Women can wear short skirts and get an advantage. If i did the same, it would become a disadvantage. Stick to the objective test, and this risk goes away. I've suffered from this exact issue in the past. It wasn't pretty.

Underwhelmed.. be lying if i said i felt otherwise. Be more than happy if he makes me eat my words.

I didn’t know much about Manning so I looked up his record.

He’s only managed two clubs, a Belgian side in their second tier for 30 games, and then MK Dons for 83 games?!

At MK Dons he had just two seasons, one where he finished in the playoffs then lost the semi-finals, and then got sacked the next season with his side doing awfully?

Look, he might be a massive success, as might literally any manager - Andy Whing, Robbie Fowler, Jermain Defoe, Sol Cambell, Craig Short and Chris Hackett all might be a success, you simply don’t know whether they would or not.

But to appoint him over some of the other names apparently in the frame means that he must have had a hell of an interview (or was really cheap?!)

I’ll support him fully, but I can’t say that I’m not disappointed, apprehensive or that I won’t have the same patience as I would with some of the other names mentioned…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom