Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest who ever takes over at the minute as not been dealt a fantastic pack of cards .Yes we need to stay up I would still say the odds are stacked that we are going down and some body's plan could be derailed at the starting gate . Let's see where we are at Xmas on and off the pitch it's going to be a scary ride. But we've been here before iam excited whoever it is and after Karl's season long disaster let's hope its better.

• React
Reactions: GRB
I didn’t know much about Manning so I looked up his record.

He’s only managed two clubs, a Belgian side in their second tier for 30 games, and then MK Dons for 83 games?!

At MK Dons he had just two seasons, one where he finished in the playoffs then lost the semi-finals, and then got sacked the next season with his side doing awfully?

Look, he might be a massive success, as might literally any manager - Andy Whing, Robbie Fowler, Jermain Defoe, Sol Cambell, Craig Short and Chris Hackett all might be a success, you simply don’t know whether they would or not.

But to appoint him over some of the other names apparently in the frame means that he must have had a hell of an interview (or was really cheap?!)

I’ll support him fully, but I can’t say that I’m not disappointed, apprehensive or that I won’t have the same patience as I would with some of the other names mentioned…
Yeah I made the mistake of looking at his experience too.

Still, I'm sure the board know what they are doing.............

I didn’t know much about Manning so I looked up his record.

He’s only managed two clubs, a Belgian side in their second tier for 30 games, and then MK Dons for 83 games?!

At MK Dons he had just two seasons, one where he finished in the playoffs then lost the semi-finals, and then got sacked the next season with his side doing awfully?

Look, he might be a massive success, as might literally any manager - Andy Whing, Robbie Fowler, Jermain Defoe, Sol Cambell, Craig Short and Chris Hackett all might be a success, you simply don’t know whether they would or not.

But to appoint him over some of the other names apparently in the frame means that he must have had a hell of an interview (or was really cheap?!)

I’ll support him fully, but I can’t say that I’m not disappointed, apprehensive or that I won’t have the same patience as I would with some of the other names mentioned…
How do we know who else wanted the job? We don’t know who applied and even if they did they might not have fancied it after listening to what the club had to say. I’ve a horrible feeling part of the criteria will be to work with the current three coaches at the club.

We’re all biased as OUFC fans but taking an objective view we have no infrastructure at all. No DoF, we don’t even have a head of recruitment at the moment….

Interestingly, the only other name mentioned who I would’ve thought would have been happy to work with who we already have here was Appleton, so you have to question whether he ever really wanted it?

I’m concerned. I’ll get behind Manning but, as I’ve said before, does he have the presence, steel and experience to get us out of this mess? Because I for one want us fighting tooth and nail to avoid relegation. We go down and this risky appointment backfires….. I don’t even want to think about that.

Manning certainly wasn’t in my top three. He could be complicit in relegating two sides from this division this season.

Oh well. He gets my support, I suppose …

It really does have to work for him now though. Another failure and it’s curtains for a managerial career in senior football for him.

Good luck to him. Not who I wanted but I didn't do the interviews!

You have cemented your position as the current number 1 itk, congrats I think but a heavy burden to carry?

UTO is the only credible ITK poster on here.

There’s a load of pretenders who have been exposed in all of this and one particular Caledonian foodstuff named poster who repeatedly dresses up his opinions as fact and looks a fool for it.

Those ITK give little away. Others sing like canaries.

I was absolutely buzzing about Appleton.

I was quite positive about McCann.

I'm underwhelmed by Manning.

This cannot be a decision made on footballing records because objectively speaking, he is the weakest of the three. Could it be that he is the only one who would agree a short contract? Is he the cheapest?

Time for us all to rally behind this guy, but to be perfectly honest it's only going to take a few more poor results for me to start asking questions of why we've taken a punt on this guy when better options were available.

Well if it's manning then I'm happy enough with that yeah he's had a bad season and got sacked but so did Appleton and so did McCann so let's just get behind the new guy and the team and as a one let's try and stay in league one
So did Robinson........

• React
Reactions: Ian
Let's be honest who ever takes over at the minute as not been dealt a fantastic pack of cards .Yes we need to stay up I would still say the odds are stacked that we are going down and some body's plan could be derailed at the starting gate . Let's see where we are at Xmas on and off the pitch it's going to be a scary ride. But we've been here before iam excited whoever it is and after Karl's season long disaster let's hope its better.

Seriously, how the f*** do you arrive at that ridiculous view. Look at the table, we are clear points wise so how the hell do you conclude we are odds on for the drop ? FGR are gone and we clearly have a superior squad to the rest down there, just need the direction and uplift that a new manager will bring. If you had to put your mortgage on it, you’re saying we will get relegated ??? I cannot get my head around that.

Time to get behind the new man, forget who we might have wanted, forget past records at other clubs. Clean slate and whole hearted support, let’s play our part in getting OUFC out of this relegation battle then onto more exciting times next season.

I was absolutely buzzing about Appleton.

I was quite positive about McCann.

I'm underwhelmed by Manning.

This cannot be a decision made on footballing records because objectively speaking, he is the weakest of the three. Could it be that he is the only one who would agree a short contract? Is he the cheapest?

Time for us all to rally behind this guy, but to be perfectly honest it's only going to take a few more poor results for me to start asking questions of why we've taken a punt on this guy when better options were available.
Afew bad results for whoever we selected would do that, we have to give him a chance, I think it,s a positive selection myself, he has inherited a team that has low morale and a lot of problems, it is not an easy fix that is for sure

Wake up. Appleton gone, replaced by a Manager that had a worse season than Robinson, and I have to read about "win percentage" like it isn't a stat Tim Sherwood invented to unsuccessfully try and save his own managerial career, Christ what fresh hell is this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom