Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning’s assistant at MK liked the following…not sure when:

Manning had 2 coaches with him at MK, hopefully Manning brings in Hogg, Short/LBS at most last until the summer before making changes.

Lots of structure required around Manning and is clearly a risk in keeping us up, but will hopefully look astute come the summer.

Good luck getting Eastwood and our centre backs playing Manning-ball 😂

My heart said MApp, but if it is Manning, I’m pretty happy.

Bright, articulate and not an ego-maniac.

His MK side were superb last season only for him to have the rug pulled from underneath him with outgoing transfers.
How much was the rug pulled underneath him though? Or was he just not very good this last season?

Isn’t it obvious? Manning isn’t the favoured choice of a few on here, so that automatically makes him the cheapest option. If it was Appleton then it would have been ‘ambitious’ no doubt…
Not sure why people think the different candidates would have been offered different amounts. None are exactly stars and it’s hard to see Appleton being in great demand anywhere right now, much as we like him.

Manning had 2 coaches with him at MK, hopefully Manning brings in Hogg, Short/LBS at most last until the summer before making changes.

Lots of structure required around Manning and is clearly a risk in keeping us up, but will hopefully look astute come the summer.

Manning-ball worries me, as we did the double over them last year due to them pissing about at the back!

• React
Reactions: ljs
Previously only been scrolling through and reading comments on here - it's a shame to see how the course of this dismal season has worn us down as a fanbase. Heard some info tonight which was interesting and could be construed a few different ways (didn't know whether to laugh or not to be honest), but wondered what you all thought.

Some of you may know that Erick Thohir has been engaged in an election campaign to become chair of the Indonesian FA. He finally won on the 16th February I believe. Hard to tell how much say he has on most OUFC matters, but as I understand he was brought on to the board mostly to advise on hiring senior football staff (managers, footballing directors, that sort of thing) because the rest of the board have little xp in that.

Long story short... the sacking of Robinson and finding his successor have been protracted by Thohir's Indonesian FA business. Am told that today he was in Oxford accompanied by Wesley Sneijder (currently advising at Utrecht) and Javier Zanetti (Inter V-P) is expected tomorrow. As I say, not sure what all this means - seems a bit late and random to me, but makes me wonder if there's a left-field choice from Europe being considered...?
tbh that is as good a shout / reasoning as anything. If he decided he suddenly wanted to get involved then his word will be gospel as he is one of the main money men. Would explain the apparent inability to get this over the line.

If so, all the previous work could be blown out of the water. It would concern me greatly to be quite frank about it.

didn’t really know Mannings previous experience, he really could come good. Young exciting coach, MK experience will serve him well. Would prefer MApp but can see how/ why manning is in contention. We just have to find a way to win a few games and stay up this season - otherwise massive disaster!!!
Think we will find out either way tomorrow!! 🤞

Eastwood and says centre backs will be moved aside in the summer if we get manning, I think we will see a massive overhaul whoever it will be. I reckon we could see anything between 8-12 new players come the summer and a lot of dead wood shifted.

Eastwood and says centre backs will be moved aside in the summer if we get manning, I think we will see a massive overhaul whoever it will be. I reckon we could see anything between 8-12 new players come the summer and a lot of dead wood shifted.
Who would want them, complete bottle jobs who through a tired manager under the bus. Form an orderly queue.

All this talk about Appleton and McCann. Maybe they didn’t want the job? Maybe they didn’t get the answers they wanted at the interview? That’s if they applied at all. We probably won’t ever know who actually applied and who made the shortlist.

I have serious worries and concerns about Manning. I think we need a strong character and I’m not convinced it’s him but I will get behind him if he gets the job. I’m happier about him than some of the names that have cropped up in the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom