Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have there been any rumours about Richardson being interviewed? He's not been mentioned much on here as a likely candidate but did a great job with Wigan.

Tim made it clear he admires him so would hope the question was asked.

Rumours are he’s very settled in the North West.

Not been told to keep quiet. Was busy travelling to Man City yesterday.
Also not been much to update past couple days.
On Monday I said I’d be stunned if not announced before the weekend.
Last Friday, it was down to 4. Was couple meetings over weekend including a full board meeting. Was expecting them to make final decision and maybe offer the job on Monday.
There’s been a couple more interviews since the start of the week though.
Interesting developments,but the new man could still be in post by Friday.
Seems to me like someone new has appeared on the radar who maybe wasn’t there initially.Good if Jones, bad if Charlton have let us chat to Holden.
But as @UTO says a couple more interviews have taken place.
Surely decision late Thursday ,introduction to players Friday ,the crowd Saturday, takes up the challenge straight after the game

Interesting developments,but the new man could still be in post by Friday.
Seems to me like someone new has appeared on the radar who maybe wasn’t there initially.Good if Jones, bad if Charlton have let us chat to Holden.
But as @UTO says a couple more interviews have taken place.
Surely decision late Thursday ,introduction to players Friday ,the crowd Saturday, takes up the challenge straight after the game
The main thing is that the new guy hits the ground running on Monday. Everything else is just noise. Hopefully the choice has been made and they are just finalising the contractual stuff.

Not been told to keep quiet. Was busy travelling to Man City yesterday.
Also not been much to update past couple days.
On Monday I said I’d be stunned if not announced before the weekend.
Last Friday, it was down to 4. Was couple meetings over weekend including a full board meeting. Was expecting them to make final decision and maybe offer the job on Monday.
There’s been a couple more interviews since the start of the week though.

Are you able to say if that's a couple more interviews with additional candidates, or second interviews with some of the 4?

"Jones ... became homesick at Luton so took an opportunity to move to Spain...." (Wikipedia.)

I'm a bit worried about Nathan Jones's sense of direction.

I heard MApp had a second interview this week. I think the 3 man list over the weekend was MApp, McCann, Manning.

Would be very surprised if Jones dropped to League One.

Seems like some good names in the frame if what folk have heard is correct.

Reading between the lines I think the four interviewed last week were probably Appleton, Manning, Warburton, possibly McCann or a random name not really mentioned and the two this week, Holden and possibly Jones. It might be that Jones was approached very early on, perhaps as a number one target, declined the offer but has since had a re-think and come into the fray late on.

Need to get someone in at the helm soon, it’s all like ships in the night, at the moment.

Appleton was spotted in Thame earlier.

As for Nathan Jones if we ended up with him that would be acting like a top 30 club but I can't see it.
Didn't he live in Thame the last time?

Derby are stuttering at the moment and are beatable with a new manager in place and a positive atmosphere in the stands.

Appleton was spotted in Thame earlier.

As for Nathan Jones if we ended up with him that would be acting like a top 30 club but I can't see it.
Can confirm this is true, saw him in the gym earlier so I walked up to him and asked him if he’s coming back to save us.

He just winked at me and carried on with the bicep curls.

Make of that what you will.

Can confirm this is true, saw him in the gym earlier so I walked up to him and asked him if he’s coming back to save us.

He just winked at me and carried on with the bicep curls.

Make of that what you will.

Can’t believe you interrupted his arm day workout, if he comes back and those guns are not at 100, the sleeves barely able to contain whats underneath then it’s your fault.

Last edited:
Could it be the club are holding fire to announce the new manager for Friday?

More people might snap up tickets for the Derby game if they announce it the day before.

I dont understand holding fire to announce. The earlier its announced, the more tickets that will sell if its Appleton.
Anyone else probably won't have too much of an impact on sales, but again no reason to hold off announcing.

This is taking far to long , to slow to get Robinson out , to slow to get new manger in
new stadium never going to be ready in time at this rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom