Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fed up of the music references on this thread that I don't understand! I'm 47 but didn't get into live music till my 20s so don't know what the f**k @Sarge and his mates are on about!!!!!

Anyway, as everything will be sorted tomorrow AM, here's a relevant song I do like:

The bloody cheek. Having a go at other people’s music and then offering up Razorlight of all bands!

Would anyone else support a total forum-wide ban on talking about betting and odds? Not just in this context but overall. Not only is it just a lot of nonsense speculation about easily-manipulated figures but also it wouldn't surprise me if we had a few gambling addicts and ex addicts amongst us and this constant talk of a little flutter may not be ideal
Do we also ban the talk of alcohol because some might have an addiction to that?
No more talk of sausages because people have an eating disorder?
Don’t talk about sex because some might have a sex addiction (@RyanioBirdio im looking at you here)?

Where do you draw the line of conversations we are and aren’t allowed?

If anyone is having various problems then maybe someone could post relevant links to help lines such as mental health support, drink awareness, gambling support etc and it could be kept at the top of misc section so people know where to look.

Do we also ban the talk of alcohol because some might have an addiction to that?
Don’t talk about sex because some might have a sex addiction (@RyanioBirdio im looking at you here)?

If anyone is having various problems then maybe someone could post relevant links to help lines such as mental health support, drink awareness, gambling support etc and it could be kept at the top of misc section so people know where to look.
You forgot forum addiction

People don't commit suicide over sausage addictions do they? Not a very good analogy imo.

Also, sausages aren't mentioned on here even though some some members of our management have been pigs in recent months.

Joking aside, many men die each year because of gambling so perhaps it's discussion online should be reduced? In relation to alcohol, we don't say, go and have a few shots every time we lose on here do we?

Not blaming anyone on here - more a gripe about the football industry in general and that the effect of gambling addiction is often overlooked in this country.

He can give it to you then if you give it to me I will transfer it to my Nigerian prince and all three of us will be rich

Ahh you know him too do ya. I had an email from him once, and told me a long lost relative of mine left a couple of million for me that was invested there. To get it to me he wanted my bank details so he could have some funds to spruce up his mudhut.

Ahh you know him too do ya. I had an email from him once, and told me a long lost relative of mine left a couple of million for me that was invested there. To get it to me he wanted my bank details so he could have some funds to spruce up his mudhut.
Are we related? I got the same email!

Yes he's a very good friend I've been waiting a while tho for my money but he keeps taking my money out my bank

Would anyone else support a total forum-wide ban on talking about betting and odds? Not just in this context but overall. Not only is it just a lot of nonsense speculation about easily-manipulated figures but also it wouldn't surprise me if we had a few gambling addicts and ex addicts amongst us and this constant talk of a little flutter may not be ideal
You do make a very good point and I would like to apologise where I've been inconsiderate.

People don't commit suicide over sausage addictions do they? Not a very good analogy imo.

Also, sausages aren't mentioned on here even though some some members of our management have been pigs in recent months.

Joking aside, many men die each year because of gambling so perhaps it's discussion online should be reduced? In relation to alcohol, we don't say, go and have a few shots every time we lose on here do we?

Not blaming anyone on here - more a gripe about the football industry in general and that the effect of gambling addiction is often overlooked in this country.

That’s where you’re so wrong!

Go to the search button (top right of this page) type in the word sausages and behold lots of previous sausage chat.

It wasn’t true. Lennon didn’t have an interview and nor did we contact him. UTO confirmed as much.

Even UTO don't seem to know who the next manager is going to be. 2 more interviews this week would suggest it won't be Appleton.

I agree with what you are saying but at the end of the day, there are professional help lines for various addictions and problems within your life.
I went through a stage of struggling with my mental health and actually posted a thread to say as much on this forum, almost just to get it off my chest and had great support from various members.
Even though this forum can be very bitchy and people like to argue with each other, I do find that people are very supportive if someone makes it aware they have an issue in life.

That’s why I mentioned about a thread with various support numbers and contacts so people know where to go.

Unfortunately betting has become a big part of football and I have seen first hand how it can get out of control but I’m not sure it is up to the MODs on this forum to ban any talk of people placing bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom