Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're disregarding his poor tenure at Huddersfield
Oh I completely forgot about that! Didn't he make outrageous demands to the board despite the club being in financial difficulties and them already having staff in place who did what he wanted? If true then he sounds a bit of a tit.

It’ll be interesting to see which managers are picked out in the crowd tomorrow. Anyone who is really interested will be there if possible.

Given how much of a positive effect it would have on the whole fan base, and the positive vibe it would create for the players, and knowing how connected and efficient he is in the transfer market, I would actually be pretty pissed off and dismayed if the job was given to anyone other than MApp.

Any other option simply wouldn’t make sense in comparison.

If we were to get Mapp as manager I would like it to be under the proviso that if he keeps us up he gets a 3 year contract if not no contract

I’m wary of Appleton returning, I wouldn’t want want his previous legacy tarnished.

However of the candidate mentioned amongst the betting favourites, he’s the stand out.

What I would say about Appleton, (and I’m as guilty as anyone) is that many of us are looking back with rose tinted spectacles. Even in the good times there was frustration. I can remember fans constantly bemoaning Maguire slowing us down when we were on a break or attack. We would need to be patient again, there’s no quick easy fix, empires take time and there will be frustrations and disappointments along the way.

However what would excite me is the sort of squad Appleton could put together with Robinson’s budget, if the board are
prepared to him to the same extent of course.

If we were to get Mapp as manager I would like it to be under the proviso that if he keeps us up he gets a 3 year contract if not no contract
Is this because you're worried that Mapp couldn't get us back out of L2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom