Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple of days there’s been a lot of fluctuations in the betting during the evening so tonight could get interesting

If Danny Cowley couldn't make it work at Portsmouth with their resources then he's not going to do anything for us. It would be a dismal appointment really. Can't take away what he achieved at Lincoln prior but Pompey was a prime opportunity for him to prove his ability and he ended up doing no better than Robinson in the end. Out of all the realistic candidates, him and Fowler are no-goes.

We really need this appointment to be a good one to install excitement, optimism, hope and the bounce that’s desperately needed.

I hope they don’t go for the terrible, cheap, boring option. I have a sinking feeling we may be disappointed.

He did pretty well at QPR.
Better than all but 1 of the last 9 managers on win%. Whilst playing entertaining football.
Not sure how this is pretty average ( relatively small club in Championship- keeping them.mid table)
I think QPR fans would argue that they are a 'relatively small' club in the Championship. Forest fans certainly would. And he was dismissed by Forest when they were 14th. Hence his record since leaving Brentford has been pretty average imo. Anyway, as he's unlikely to get the job, I don't really care tbh.

We really need this appointment to be a good one to install excitement, optimism, hope and the bounce that’s desperately needed.

I hope they don’t go for the terrible, cheap, boring option. I have a sinking feeling we may be disappointed.
Not sure any of those would be 'cheap'?
Manning maybe could be the cheapest of the lot.
There are an awful lot of cheaper options out there

No one on here has confirmed for sure who the 4 are.

It appears to be 4 from 5. Appleton, Manning, McCann, Cowley, Warburton.

Seems to be a difference of opinion on the 4, that’s if the 5 named are even correct. I think any of these are ok (least preferable Cowley & Warburton probably), and will be a breath of fresh air compared to KR or Fowler if he was even considered.

Be interesting to know the 4 for certain and is there still anyone else being considered I wonder?

If Danny Cowley couldn't make it work at Portsmouth with their resources then he's not going to do anything for us. It would be a dismal appointment really. Can't take away what he achieved at Lincoln prior but Pompey was a prime opportunity for him to prove his ability and he ended up doing no better than Robinson in the end. Out of all the realistic candidates, him and Fowler are no-goes.
Cowley has the best win rate out of all of them while at Pompey and Lincoln. I don't want him but just pointing it out.

You're disregarding his poor tenure at Huddersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom