Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard there may be issues with the assistant and the future roles of LBS, Short and Brown?
maybe thats why we don't want to announce yet? Not that nice on Short etc. to be told they're out of a job BUT to also have to manage us today. I can see why we'd drag it out til after the game even if all the paperwork is done.

The only one at risk will be Short, or they may decide to keep him depending on how many coaches that they run with.
Despite what some say on this forum, you can’t sack everyone.

maybe thats why we don't want to announce yet? Not that nice on Short etc. to be told they're out of a job BUT to also have to manage us today. I can see why we'd drag it out til after the game even if all the paperwork is done.
I’ve heard it’s because the club haven’t bought all the new iPads in time for the additional data capturing.

Is this like you keep screaming about the cheapest option when it's very simply not true?
I said possible cheapest option. So who would be cheaper coincedentally? Simply for all the time that was alledgedly spent interviewing these experienced candidates, to go cheap should surprise noone after the lacknof interest shown regarding on the field activity for the rest of the season.

Radox reported that Hogg was coming in with Manning so that would mean Shorty and co redundant apart from maybe Brown.
Surely we're due a Mous replacement in the coaching setup, so even with a new assistant there'll still be the same number as we had at the start of the season. I still think Short will be here until the summer.

I said possible cheapest option. So who would be cheaper coincedentally? Simply for all the time that was alledgedly spent interviewing these experienced candidates, to go cheap should surprise noone after the lacknof interest shown regarding on the field activity for the rest of the season.
I don't think it's worth getting into a debate around cost, considering the most expensive option who's name has been mentioned is Dean Holden (due to him still being contracted to another club), and he was nowhere near the best candidate for the job. When it comes to managers there isn't really as strong a cost comparison you can make, as a lot are available on 'free transfers' essentially and ask for similar money.

And I don't think you can really accuse the club of 'possibly' skimping out especially when the owners have put the money into the playing budget this season and are committed to the stadium build. In the grand scheme of things, there's not much financial difference in employing Manning than there would in bringing in Appleton or McCann.

Look who MK replaced him with, hardly someone with pedigree. Funding has been pulled back by winkleman and it’s there for all to see. He will do wonders with a proper budget and owners that will back him.
It was when the budget was cut he should have shown his mettle. Sorry, but like others have said we have a mini Karl replacing the real thing, whose experience is minimal, a season witha dream squad, a few months relegation form, U18 academy and a short while with a Belgium lower league team.

Loads of negative comments in the Oxford Mail. Loads on here, Loads on Twitter, loads on Facebook & other forums. Loads on the street. Mmmm it's not excatly United the fan base, which is not a good sign. Let's hope we stay up ,or I can see it going one way if we get relegated, & don't Push on ....
This may actually divide the fan base even more, as poor results may keep coming.

Agree with this and I've mentioned it before. If you are happy to write off this season because he has his best players sold and lost all the plans, which is fairly reasonable, then you can't give him loads of credit for last season when he was given a fantastic squad for this level.

They played great stuff but plenty of managers would have got a tune out of a squad with the likes of Darling, Coventry, Mceachran, Twine, Parrott, Eisa, Wickham, Corbeanu etc. This isn't me being negative and I'm still cautiously optimistic about him but you can't have it both ways and lavish praise on him for last season while excusing him for this.

What I am pretty confident about is that he'll be a better manager than Robinson who's really done a number on us on and off the pitch. Hopefully this is all part of a new set up where no one has too much power.
You cant write off this season there are enough winnable games that an experienced manager could turn around. If we go down with 11 or so games to go and 3 points still outside the relegation spot, whoever the manager is at that point
partly takes the
blame.

Surely we're due a Mous replacement in the coaching setup, so even with a new assistant there'll still be the same number as we had at the start of the season. I still think Short will be here until the summer.
RadOx made exactly this point re Hogg and Manning replacing two vacant roles in the coaching set-up.

It was when the budget was cut he should have shown his mettle. Sorry, but like others have said we have a mini Karl replacing the real thing, whose experience is minimal, a season witha dream squad, a few months relegation form, U18 academy and a short while with a Belgium lower league team.
you’re going to look even more of a prat if he’s half decent

For all those talking about the cheap option and how anyone could possibly know what was being discussed, it's fairly simple. My understanding is that the board agreed on a salary for the job, not individual applicants. Therefore all would have been offered the same. Robinson was on £250k and I suspect that this was the figure offered. That is pretty competitive for league one managers and is definitely not a cheap option.

As for the delay in the club announcing Manning. It is only right that this is done once all contracts have been signed and gone through legal teams etc. I don't know, but I guess that there may be terms within the severance pay deals from MK that need to be resolved for Manning and Hogg, but these will be done in time. There's absolutely nothing to gain by rushing these things, but rest assured, Liam Manning will be our next manager and as @UTO has said, he will already have been around the club and playing staff.

Finally, there are absolutely no issues regarding Short, LBS or Brown at this stage. All are expected to stay until the end of the season, and this applied to whoever was successful in the managers role. I think a full review of our coaching set up is needed and expect to see new people come in during the summer, but the current trio are decent people and will be an essential link between Manning/Hogg and the players.

I get that people get anxious about the lack of communication, but that doesn't mean that things aren't progressing properly behind the scenes.

For all those talking about the cheap option and how anyone could possibly know what was being discussed, it's fairly simple. My understanding is that the board agreed on a salary for the job, not individual applicants. Therefore all would have been offered the same. Robinson was on £250k and I suspect that this was the figure offered. That is pretty competitive for league one managers and is definitely not a cheap option.

As for the delay in the club announcing Manning. It is only right that this is done once all contracts have been signed and gone through legal teams etc. I don't know, but I guess that there may be terms within the severance pay deals from MK that need to be resolved for Manning and Hogg, but these will be done in time. There's absolutely nothing to gain by rushing these things, but rest assured, Liam Manning will be our next manager and as @UTO has said, he will already have been around the club and playing staff.

Finally, there are absolutely no issues regarding Short, LBS or Brown at this stage. All are expected to stay until the end of the season, and this applied to whoever was successful in the managers role. I think a full review of our coaching set up is needed and expect to see new people come in during the summer, but the current trio are decent people and will be an essential link between Manning/Hogg and the players.

I get that people get anxious about the lack of communication, but that doesn't mean that things aren't progressing properly behind the scenes.
Equally doesnt mean that the club cant say something. There is a way forward where the fans feel communicated to and engaged and still recognises any lingering contract issues. Unless of course people in authority think it could all go pear shaped in which case more fool OUFC for allowing the level of disclosure that has already occurred. No ?

What I find somewhat galling is the concept of one supporter having access to what is actually happening while the rest of us are treated to the good old mushroom technology. Perhaps you could have a word, Mr Egg, and explain to the powers that be, that we are all paying customers and worthy of the same level of information that you appear to be privy to.
Or, is it the case that you just make up stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom