Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Manning have a say on the players we bring in? Hopefully he will be asked this question by the press when he is finally unveiled.

If, as described in the Oxford Mail today, we're going down the MK route where players are basically provided for him (I dont know if Sweeting used a data driven approach) then the appointment we should all be worrying about and discussing is the new Head of Recruitment.

All we've heard so far is this appointment is being outsourced to 3rd parties with the appropriate expertise and the position is close to being filled, does anybody know any more than this?

Will Manning have a say on the players we bring in? Hopefully he will be asked this question by the press when he is finally unveiled.

If, as described in the Oxford Mail today, we're going down the MK route where players are basically provided for him (I dont know if Sweeting used a data driven approach) then the appointment we should all be worrying about and discussing is the new Head of Recruitment.

All we've heard so far is this appointment is being outsourced to 3rd parties with the appropriate expertise and the position is close to being filled, does anybody know any more than this?
I think Winkelman's son ie involved in MK recruitment

The main issue I can’t get over is yes they played us off the park in those 2 games we played against them last season but KR still managed to turn the games to get us a result. Lots of comments on here about Karl not being a great tactician, which I sort of concur with by the way, so what does that say about Manning and his tactical nous?

No announcement? Perhaps there are ‘sticking points’ over potential use of social meejah? Maybe the Beebski have insisted that they vet every tweet, t**t or twit before they are posted?…. Or perhaps the ‘PM’ (potential manager) can’t be there today as he/she/it is fronting up MOTD tonight? - the pay would certainly be better for whoever (……insert own pronoun).

Meanwhile, in Ukraine….

Do you still feel the same way?
To be fair, they did come to a decision and agreement on Thursday.
I was expecting the announcement yesterday afternoon after introducing himself to everyone and training.
I guess BBC Oxford were also expecting that, as they did some manager special show last night apparently?

I’m not sure why it’s not been announced. It is done, the staff, players etc all know what’s happening. Manning wouldn’t have been involved in running the team obviously today anyway.
But hopefully the players have that ‘new manager motivation’ knowing the new gaffer will be at the game watching before starting properly on Monday.

All fans have pathologically negative people among their fan base
And unfortunately they usually make the most noise
I expect us to turn things around now that the previous manager's toxity has been removed
It won't be easy because of the mess he left and loss of the good people he drove out
But I expect to lose my 80/1 bet that we will be relegated
Fans also make a lot of noise when they're winning. It's relentless, man u fans , Liverpool fans It gets on your nerves how brilliant they are.people that's never even, stepped inside any of those stadiums..

Underwhelmed & confused if it's Manning.

I'm struggling to see how a manger that has failed to get a team that finished higher last season, but after poor recruitment, is now in the same relagation battle we are, is going to be unable to turn it around here, when he couldn't already in the exact scenario?

He must have had one hell of an answer when dimmy Timmy asked as much (he did ask that question, right ?).

He has one season of league 1 managerial experience and by the reports from MK journo's has one style of play with no back up when plan A doesn't work 🙄.

I pray to all gods I'm wrong, but I feel this is further proof with Timmy should have no decision in footballing matters and a DoF should have been brought in already and allowed him to pick his candidate.

Fans also make a lot of noise when they're winning. It's relentless, man u fans , Liverpool fans It gets on your nerves how brilliant they are.people that's never even, stepped inside any of those stadiums..
I don't consider clowns like that to be proper fans
I try to change the subject from football asap when talking to such idiots

I’m not understanding all the hysteria on here about ‘where is the announcement???’ People need to chill, it’s clearly done, we will be told when the club are ready to tell, calm the F down!
If it’s done why not announce it lol
As I said in previous post surely it will only help get more people at the game and hopefully get right behind the team an the team need as much help as they can atm…. Only makes sense I think

I pray to all gods I'm wrong, but I feel this is further proof with Timmy should have no decision in footballing matters and a DoF should have been brought in already and allowed him to pick his candidate.
This is a very good point.

I too have concerns about Manning, if however, as people in the know have said, he is a part of the jigsaw in a plan to restructure the club and move it away from a culture of a big personality and a mobile phone running the whole show, then I’m happy to get behind him.

A lot is being made about this business of Manning being sacked for underperforming after a season of unexpected success, but that's exactly what happened to MApp at Lincoln. So you can take snapshots of a manager's career to make all sorts of points, without looking at the bigger, long term picture.

The picture that saw him progress from the obscurities of non-league football to become head coach of West Ham's U23s, Academy Director of New York City FC (owned by the City Football Group), and having a combined win percentage of over 47% after his spells at Lommel and MK Dons.

The truth is that there isn't much long-term managerial data to go off to judge whether or not he'll be a success, but that's the same for any young manager we would've got in! I think people need to put their concerns at the door for a bit, give the new manager a chance before writing him off, and back the team for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
I’d hardly call it hysteria… Communication with the fans is imperative for success. It builds unity and togetherness - yes people will have differences of opinion with the appointment, but all everyone wants is up to date info from those at the top. Drawing out the announcement is just another example of the lack of clarity the Baird have with the fans. I totally get some things cannnot and shouldn’t be shared but a press release saying “interviews have taken place and announcement will follow in the next few days.” Followed by the said announcement - people will be much happier…

• React
Reactions: MJB
As I’ve said previously, Manning was watching St pats before signing Burns, so must of had input in transfer dealings.

A lot is being made about this business of Manning being sacked for underperforming after a season of unexpected success, but that's exactly what happened to MApp at Lincoln. So you can take snapshots of a manager's career to make all sorts of points, without looking at the bigger, long term picture.

The picture that saw him progress from the obscurities of non-league football to become head coach of West Ham's U23s, Academy Director of New York City FC (owned by the City Football Group), and having a combined win percentage of over 47% after his spells at Lommel and MK Dons.

The truth is that there isn't much long-term managerial data to go off to judge whether or not he'll be a success, but that's the same for any young manager we would've got in! I think people need to put their concerns at the door for a bit, give the new manager a chance before writing him off, and back the team for the rest of the season.
He will probably have learnt a heck of a lot more from the last 6 months than from all of his previous successes. Hopefully the difficult experience will have made him an even better coach and we will be the ones to benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom