Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Equally doesnt mean that the club cant say something. There is a way forward where the fans feel communicated to and engaged and still recognises any lingering contract issues. Unless of course people in authority think it could all go pear shaped in which case more fool OUFC for allowing the level of disclosure that has already occurred. No ?

Yes, the board could announce that a manager has been identified, that paperwork is being completed and that everything is fine - but show me an example where any club has done that ahead of a formal announcement?

I've been critical of our communications but equally the demand for information when we want it is unrealistic.

For all those talking about the cheap option and how anyone could possibly know what was being discussed, it's fairly simple. My understanding is that the board agreed on a salary for the job, not individual applicants. Therefore all would have been offered the same. Robinson was on £250k and I suspect that this was the figure offered. That is pretty competitive for league one managers and is definitely not a cheap option.

As for the delay in the club announcing Manning. It is only right that this is done once all contracts have been signed and gone through legal teams etc. I don't know, but I guess that there may be terms within the severance pay deals from MK that need to be resolved for Manning and Hogg, but these will be done in time. There's absolutely nothing to gain by rushing these things, but rest assured, Liam Manning will be our next manager and as @UTO has said, he will already have been around the club and playing staff.

Finally, there are absolutely no issues regarding Short, LBS or Brown at this stage. All are expected to stay until the end of the season, and this applied to whoever was successful in the managers role. I think a full review of our coaching set up is needed and expect to see new people come in during the summer, but the current trio are decent people and will be an essential link between Manning/Hogg and the players.

I get that people get anxious about the lack of communication, but that doesn't mean that things aren't progressing properly behind the scenes.
So you don’t know for sure.

By the way I’m still NOT saying he’s the cheap option, mainly because I don’t know.

What I find somewhat galling is the concept of one supporter having access to what is actually happening while the rest of us are treated to the good old mushroom technology. Perhaps you could have a word, Mr Egg, and explain to the powers that be, that we are all paying customers and worthy of the same level of information that you appear to be privy to.
Or, is it the case that you just make up stuff?

Be honest Manor, what you find galling is that I'm saying it. You have no issues with UTO or Ryan sharing what they hear, and are very happy to repeat all of the stuff about Robinson from others. But because I represent a slightly different view you get upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom