Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm fine with Manning too. I think anybody has a massive job to keep us up this season, and I'd rather we went for the long term option now.

Manning couldn't be more different from Karl and I believe will be a breath of fresh air.

He's articulate, humble, and a man who understands accountability — there'll be no stripping of the captaincy to deflect blame. I'm excited by this appointment, and am grateful to MK, as if he'd been not been sacked less than a third of the way into the season I think there's a good chance we'd be one place closer to the relegation zone right now.

He's got a horrible task ahead of him, but I wouldn't trade our squad for any of those below us, and believe he can turn our fortunes around.

It's not the time for moaning about not hiring McCann or Appleton, him and the players need our backing now, we've got a massive couple of months ahead.

Liam Manning's Yellow Army.
Good luck Liam. Welcome to Oxford.

It could be a new name has muddied the water this week after an impressive interview/informal chat.

Did anyone check to see which country Tiger was flying to at the beginning of the week?

He didn't fly anywhere as far as I'm aware. He was at the training ground Monday for sure.

At the end of the day it's not really our money that's keeping the club going. Weither it's Chelsea ,Stoke Port Vale or Tottenham or us the fans don't have a say and how many managers have really made a difference. Fergy ,klopp or Wenger how many at the lower end have made a difference. Managers come and go some times quicker than you want. Early this season we wanted the Cambridge man ,the Cowleys were amazing for a while .Mous could have been our savior let's be honest they come and go. So it's not just the manager its the team behind you that's where Karl let himself down. We need a good team on and off the pitch let's hope we get that.

My overwhelming thought is how the f**k are these guys multi billionaires, they appear to be incapable of making a timely decision. Nero fiddles while Rome burns springs to mind.
Jesus appoint somebody, there is no absolutely right or wrong candidate of those rumoured to be in the frame. The only wrong decision is delay on so many levels.
Relax, have patience. The board have to get it right.

Manning & McCann.

2 appointments I’d probably accept in the summer.

Not the 2 managers I’d like near here in our current position. 3 points above the bottom four.

The board are playing a dangerous game.

Whoever comes in at this time is a gamble, including MApp. Take the emotion and the big home coming away and MApp could be an even more dangerous game with how he tends to build slowly.

Still Des Buckingham for me. Young, modern, has proven success with young players, links to Oxford and highly regarded for what he has achieved so far.
Not Manning, please.
He’s one game away from his season ending unless he can turn it around in the 2nd leg. I would suggest unless an appointment is made tomorrow, he is still in the frame. It was help justify this drawn out process if he was.

Yeh UTO did say Tiger was meant to be flying home on Sunday. But Tiger was on a video at the training ground where the board were giving out gifts to the u18's on Monday.

That video was recorded last week

It was on the iFollow preview show before the Lincoln game

Yes, I could.

An interview process isn’t objective, it’s subjective. Two different boards will quite possibly appoint two different candidates. It’s not like the questions are: ‘How fast can you run 100 metres? How many press-ups can you do?’ And you hire whoever has the highest answer. It’s much more nuanced than that, and someone who interviews well has only really shown you that they’re good at interviewing.
Mad that we could have run it like that and I'd prefer the answer to the one we're apparently about to get.

If Keown got the job I’d hand back my season ticket. Wouldn‘t want that ****** anywhere near the club. Disliked him as a player and as a pundit, well it’s just laughable the nonsense he comes out with. No thank you.

The conversation I had last week said that 5 people had been interviewed and they were looking to interview the top 2 again this week. No mention was made at that time about others being spoken to. I asked about names and was told that because of the betting market they couldn't risk giving names. I said, "is it safe to say it's MApp and one other". The reply was "no, he's not expected to get a second interview."

I've had a couple of health issues over the last few weeks, and had a day in hospital this week, and surgery likely the week after next. So I haven't posted much and haven't spoken to this individual since the end of last week.

Simply put, I don't know the names of the final 2, or if anyone else spoken to this week has changed the picture. I was leaning towards Grant McCann, but Liam Manning is someone that we would have all loved to have had here if we were a year ago. Heard good things about his coaching style and development of players, but may be burnt by his experience this season.

Like others, I would expect an announcement this week and expected one today - but hopefully tomorrow to get things in place for some huge games coming up.
Hope you're OK SE

Whoever comes in at this time is a gamble, including MApp. Take the emotion and the big home coming away and MApp could be an even more dangerous game with how he tends to build slowly.

True but we know he has a ruthless nasty edge to him.

Something we will need the next few weeks plus he reunites a broken fanbase.

As said yesterday, things hadn’t advanced that much from weekend. So wasn’t going to be any announcement today. But the plan was to get someone in by the Derby game. So tomorrow and I’m pretty certain it’s not McCann or Appleton…

No one else concerned it's not going to be McCann or Appleton?

Doubt it'll be Jones due to his recent severance so it looks like Manning, Holden or, worse still, Steve Morison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom