Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But there hasn't been delay - if we hear tomorrow, that is.
Really, this whole process from the obscene delay in sacking Robinson to the eventual appointment of A.N.OTHER Just feels like a process that is totally unexpected. How can that ever be when you run a football club.

Equally though there is no guarantee whatsoever that he would be as good 2nd time around. MAPP doesn’t have a magic wand which he waves and automatically guarantees he’ll be mustard here again.
That applies to everyone. McCann included. People are hanging onto the fact that McCann has achieved promotion from L1, but Hull were one of the favourites. He has not done so well when fighting relegation.

KR overachieved with MK Dons and got them into the Champ, so on paper his record was probably better than McCann's, but what did that mean in the end?

Point is Appy plays sexy football, some of the best we have seen, so if we are going to have a go would rather do it in style.

No guarantees with anyone!!!!!!!!

My overwhelming thought is how the f**k are these guys multi billionaires, they appear to be incapable of making a timely decision. Nero fiddles while Rome burns springs to mind.
Jesus appoint somebody, there is no absolutely right or wrong candidate of those rumoured to be in the frame. The only wrong decision is delay on so many levels.
Take a breath, Robinson was sacked 11 days ago, if you’ve ever been involved in interviewing anyone you’ll know the logistics involved in getting the panel together and getting through the candidates, at least once. While it would be useful to have someone in place for Saturday if it ain’t gonna happen so be it. For f**** sake be patient !!

View attachment 12491

So he's throwing his name into the hat so he doesn't lose his job, not because he genuinely thinks he has it to be the guy to take us forward... Fills me with confidence...
I heard a couple of interviews with him post Robinson and both times he mentioned he was "grateful to Karl for giving me a job here and saving me a two hour drive". That's what you want to hear isn't it?

And tell us why you want this job?

A) It's an opportunity for me to get back into management and be successful here

B) I'm impressed with your vision for the club and want to be part of the journey, I believe I can get this club to the Championship

C) It's a chance for me to cut my teeth in management. I've got a clear vision of how I want the team to play, how to keep us up this season and the sort of players I want in the summer to push on for promotion

D) I don't want to have to move house

I heard a couple of interviews with him post Robinson and both times he mentioned he was "grateful to Karl for giving me a job here and saving me a two hour drive". That's what you want to hear isn't it?

A) It's an opportunity for me to get back into management and be successful here

B) I'm impressed with your vision for the club and want to be part of the journey, I believe I can get this club to the Championship

C) It's a chance for me to cut my teeth in management. I've got a clear vision of how I want the team to play, how to keep us up this season and the sort of players I want in the summer to push on for promotion

D) I don't want to have to move house.

D) I don't want to have to move house
E, because I will be out of work in football for the foreseeable future.

As said yesterday, things hadn’t advanced that much from weekend. So wasn’t going to be any announcement today. But the plan was to get someone in by the Derby game. So tomorrow and I’m pretty certain it’s not McCann or Appleton…
Jermain Defoe will be pleased :oops:

As said yesterday, things hadn’t advanced that much from weekend. So wasn’t going to be any announcement today. But the plan was to get someone in by the Derby game. So tomorrow and I’m pretty certain it’s not McCann or Appleton…
The Welsh Guardiola?

Liam Manning then..

That’s the clue Jerome said on Rad Ox this afternoon. He said while Michael Appleton and Grant McCann have been leading the odds for a while, then kind of went off on a tangent, trying not to give much away.

Manning is actually quite interesting. Alright this season didn't go to plan but there may be reasons for that but last season was pretty impressive.

I was disappointed this morning as it wasn't Appleton, but had convinced myself that McCann was the next best choice based on the available options. I'm now in the situation where I'm going to be extra disappointed if it's not him or Appleton!!! Manning worries me. OUFC never fail to stress me out!

As suspected Alan Nixon loves a back hander from bookies to leak a fake name to drum up some money for them as he clearly did yesterday it seems 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom