Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think we will get to 200 pages before the announcement?

Ciaron Brown taking your bets right now

Bet victor has us at 5/1

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
Who is he going to bring in at this time of the season? Its going to be a very out of shape player who hasn't been with a club until March.

Saying that Jamie Hanson still hasn't got a club.
The really sad thing is I’d probably take him now.

What an utter s**t show this seasons been. A massive waste.

Absolutely ! Our 'vocal support ' is terrible, hardly any singing or chanting, and what there is is often not supportive of the team but anti Swindon, places being shitholes etc etc
We need loud and proud voices like, I hate to say, Bristol Rovers

Need that new manager in NOW whoever the f**k it is
And the Green Arrrrrrrmy

They’ve got to announce it soon so that we can get some questions in for the FMFF on Radio Oxford later!

The really sad thing is I’d probably take him now.

What an utter s**t show this seasons been. A massive waste.

Which says everything about the summer we had, we have struggled to replace Hanson and Winnall, which you wouldn't of thought possible.

They’ve got to announce it soon so that we can get some questions in for the FMFF on Radio Oxford later!

They need to get a move on for it to be included in the Wasn't at the Game phone-in on Saturday!

Not my first choice, but surely we can't grumble if McCann is announced.

What we know of McCann:
Did OK with Peterborough, lasted 2.5 years under McAnthony, so his time could not have been that bad considering he was re-appointed at a later date. (+)
Got Doncaster to the play-offs (+)
Relegated in his first season at Hull (-)
Promoted Hull in his second season (+)
Sacked by new Owners of Hull when they looked pretty much safe in the Championship that season (+ or - ?)

Presumptions on my part:
Young Hungry Manager, yet experienced for his age {+)
He is known for his teams playing decent football (+)
Looks a bit like Karl Robinson (-------!)

Can McCann save us from relegation, I think so, just as much chance as any other manager coming at this late stage in the season and the squad available to them. (+ or - ?)

Unknowns:
Does McCann have a record of bringing Academy players into the first team?
As a younger Manager, is he more likely to go with the recommendations of the recruitment team? (unlike KR)
Does he work with complete CLARITY!? (I presume this is important because KR seemed to think so).

On the whole, there are definitely a lot more positives than negatives. Yes, McCann won't provide the immediate added buzz that Appleton would. Yes, he doesn't have a track record of saving teams from relegation that are in our situation,but not many candidates have, and I don't think the manager should be picked just to save us this season, IMO, the manager needs to have shown that he can get a team promoted and play good football.

I see Robinson is one of the likely candidates for the Peterborough job when it becomes available at the end of the season.

Not my first choice, but surely we can't grumble if McCann is announced.

What we know of McCann:
Did OK with Peterborough, lasted 2.5 years under McAnthony, so his time could not have been that bad considering he was re-appointed at a later date. (+)
Got Doncaster to the play-offs (+)
Relegated in his first season at Hull (-)
Promoted Hull in his second season (+)
Sacked by new Owners of Hull when they looked pretty much safe in the Championship that season (+ or - ?)

Presumptions on my part:
Young Hungry Manager, yet experienced for his age {+)
He is known for his teams playing decent football (+)
Looks a bit like Karl Robinson (-------!)

Can McCann save us from relegation, I think so, just as much chance as any other manager coming at this late stage in the season and the squad available to them. (+ or - ?)

Unknowns:
Does McCann have a record of bringing Academy players into the first team?
As a younger Manager, is he more likely to go with the recommendations of the recruitment team? (unlike KR)
Does he work with complete CLARITY!? (I presume this is important because KR seemed to think so).

On the whole, there are definitely a lot more positives than negatives. Yes, McCann won't provide the immediate added buzz that Appleton would. Yes, he doesn't have a track record of saving teams from relegation that are in our situation,but not many candidates have, and I don't think the manager should be picked just to save us this season, IMO, the manager needs to have shown that he can get a team promoted and play good football.
Good summary and sensible questions.

He did promote Fleming from the Hull Academy by the sounds, so that's a small indication that he gives Youth a chance.

I see Robinson is one of the likely candidates for the Peterborough job when it becomes available at the end of the season.
Doubt he'd get on too well with MacAnthony. Won't allow him half the authority that he's been accustomed to over the last few years. Would be interesting to see him in a job where his primary role is just coaching, not head of recruitment etc. I think he's a good coach, just all the other crap let's him down which proved to be the case.

I don't think his stock would have dropped too much tbh. They will see a lot of the good work he did here for the most part and he will say he has learnt from the error of this season.

I agree. I think that's about the maximum club he'll get league status wise but he will do well for them if he gets it.

Just a few things from me before the announcement….firstly, I can’t subscribe to our squad being s**t like some posters are saying. Whoever comes in inherits some good talent. It’s just the performances have been utterly shocking.
Secondly, Appleton has major advantages over the others which surely must be considered. He’s done it with oufc already and frankly he helped create the model we see today.

Just a few things from me before the announcement….firstly, I can’t subscribe to our squad being s**t like some posters are saying. Whoever comes in inherits some good talent. It’s just the performances have been utterly shocking.
Secondly, Appleton has major advantages over the others which surely must be considered. He’s done it with oufc already and frankly he helped create the model we see today.
Appleton did it in league two but McCann has won league one and got to the league one playoffs since Appleton got us promoted.

The entire squad isn't s**t, the defence and keepers certainly are so its how the new man shores up the very leaky defence which is key.

We have got some good talent but we do lack height and strength plus we don't really have a centre forward. We should have enough to stay up if the new guy just keeps it simple and focuses on getting us organized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom