Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer this takes the more I start to think we’ve had last minute applications from Rafa Benitez and Ralph hasenhüttl. Can’t think what else would be causing such a simple process to take so long.

Appleton did it in league two but McCann has won league one and got to the league one playoffs since Appleton got us promoted.

The entire squad isn't s**t, the defence and keepers certainly are so its how the new man shores up the very leaky defence which is key.

3 goals scored in 9 games doesn’t have me pointing the finger at the defence.

Interesting that the Oxford Mail a still putting articles out about who the fans want…. Surely if they knew it was wrapped up they’d stop posting until releasing the announcement later?

Interesting that the Oxford Mail a still putting articles out about who the fans want…. Surely if they knew it was wrapped up they’d stop posting until releasing the announcement later?
I suppose they have to fill column space with something. I still think we’ll hear something this afternoon. Around 4pm is my guess.

Given their recent churn and lack of investment in sports journalism most recently, (and I'm not even joking), I very much doubt they even know themselves!

Just a few things from me before the announcement….firstly, I can’t subscribe to our squad being s**t like some posters are saying. Whoever comes in inherits some good talent. It’s just the performances have been utterly shocking.
Secondly, Appleton has major advantages over the others which surely must be considered. He’s done it with oufc already and frankly he helped create the model we see today.
We’ll have to agree to disagree.

I don't think his stock would have dropped too much tbh. They will see a lot of the good work he did here for the most part and he will say he has learnt from the error of this season.
I do.

Having said that there are a lot of, shall we say ‘not so clever’ people in and around football (I can think of a couple in our club), so nothing would surprise me!!

Last edited:
Yes OM Seems to be in a bad place the pandemic was a disaster for small papers .Not ro be at the last away game speaks volumes something is going on.

But we know the Oxford Mail are shite. I’m surprised they’re not posting articles for FoSB about the bad decision to build a football ground on a volleyball court!

You do make a very good point and I would like to apologise where I've been inconsiderate.
No need at all! Any talk of banning anything (rightly) gets some people's backs up and is worth scrutinising rather than just being done blindly.

Local newspapers are on their a**e financially and so essentially harvest clicks for ad revenue. It's really a sad state to see the nation's papers in, but I can see them putting out any old rubbish if it'll get clicks, and this will.

Thursdays are usually pre match interview days. If no appointment then I would expect CS would be doing this, with quotes in the OM, and on the official website. This is usually up by now so something must be happening today.

Just a few things from me before the announcement….firstly, I can’t subscribe to our squad being s**t like some posters are saying. Whoever comes in inherits some good talent. It’s just the performances have been utterly shocking.
Secondly, Appleton has major advantages over the others which surely must be considered. He’s done it with oufc already and frankly he helped create the model we see today.

Really? Pick a team that makes sense, that might keep a clean sheet while scoring, no pace, no full backs, holding midfielder or centre forwards. How much good talent can we put out that is actually ours (so no Bate)? Not a lot.

Its a poor squad let alone team, put together by a man whose mind was somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom