Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone taking the job is going to back themselves to get 3/4 wins or they wouldn't take the job .But also they will be given time whatever its not there fault we are down there. The other question is who would take Karl as a manager now ? and what division he's going to next be in? really shot himself in the foot.

And hes not been introduced yet he's hopefully got them on the training pitch.

Question if anyone of the interviewed or the less colourful that have been linked had been appointed, their first task would be to keep us in L1 now imagine each of those employed but only Fowler or Holden if they were employed by OUFC had managed to keep us in L1 whereas any of the other candidates who may have been enjoyed had failed, would we be saying Fowler or Holden were the correct choice?

It doesn’t matter who we employ if we’re relegated they may from some quarters in here come in for a lot of abuse and the board would have been slated as well.

Whoever it is has to work with what we’ve got and hopefully they manage to achieve safety for us, if hiwever were relegated they must then use the transfer market to get us promoted straight back to L1 with a view for promotion to the championship, that is when they can be judged.

Underwhelmed overwhelmed? For me it’s Mcann I would be happy but if it’s Appleton I would also be happy if it’s Warburton I would be happy.
Whoever it is I would lie to think every OUFC fan would get behind them.

People say if Appleton was appointed it would gel the crowd but if it was and we lost then what?

If we think Mapp coming in would create a fan atmosphere that adds extra points then we should take a good look at ourselves because we should have been doing that anyway
Absolutely ! Our 'vocal support ' is terrible, hardly any singing or chanting, and what there is is often not supportive of the team but anti Swindon, places being shitholes etc etc
We need loud and proud voices like, I hate to say, Bristol Rovers

Need that new manager in NOW whoever the f**k it is

There was excitement when Greaves came in, mind you after Brown, Asprey and a caretaker stint from Roy Barry, it wasn't difficult to feel pumped up by the arrival of Greaves - dark, dark times with gates at 3-4,000 and the football the direst I've ever seen Oxford produce and I include the non league days. I think part of Greaves' appeal was because he'd become a well known face on the opening credits of MOTD for years, in the dug out fag in mouth ! Fair play to him, he got the ball rolling again.
Straight after Asprey, Roy Barry had a successful caretaker stint after Greaves left but before Jim Smith was installed.

Strange that so few media outlets have picked up on the McCann story, including the Oxford Mail.

Either the OM are just preparing to announce he's arrived - and so pointless to run a story in the meantime - or its someone else.

Personally, my interest in the next head coach has been surprisingly low key for me and my attempts at guessing when I try to get into the zone is really not worth any salt as I keep on thinking along the lines of United going down the path of appointing a real poor choice such as my recent appetite of watching my club going backwards. However, fwiw until McCann or Appleton are given the 'scarf' to be held high over one's head in becoming the next OUFC coach I do have this feeling that the appointment may well be still an outside of the box one? Incidentally, this way of thinking is shared by another long standing disciple whose views I respect. Since our brief old geezer mutterings I've found and read of others who have supposedly thrown their berets into our yellow sauce pit and if the musings are true then one was named Harry. Imagine if Tim W was nicknamed Sally x

Whatever, whoever...the main aim atm of this football club is safety and whether its Grant, Michael or Harry let's secure as many points asap starting with Derby this coming weekend.

COYY'S

How ironic that Mystic Meg has died today, given the best of efforts of the ITK Crew to predict our imminent announcement.

Who saw that coming etc etc

Personally, my interest in the next head coach has been surprisingly low key for me and my attempts at guessing when I try to get into the zone is really not worth any salt as I keep on thinking along the lines of United going down the path of appointing a real poor choice such as my recent appetite of watching my club going backwards. However, fwiw until McCann or Appleton are given the 'scarf' to be held high over one's head in becoming the next OUFC coach I do have this feeling that the appointment may well be still an outside of the box one? Incidentally, this way of thinking is shared by another long standing disciple whose views I respect. Since our brief old geezer mutterings I've found and read of others who have supposedly thrown their berets into our yellow sauce pit and if the musings are true then one was named Harry. Imagine if Tim W was nicknamed Sally x

Whatever, whoever...the main aim atm of this football club is safety and whether its Grant, Michael or Harry let's secure as many points asap starting with Derby this coming weekend.

COYY'S
Going all Shakeria on us at the end .....its Gerald Pique isn't it you tease !!

Do we think the new manager will bring in any free players?

Who is he going to bring in at this time of the season? Its going to be a very out of shape player who hasn't been with a club until March.

Saying that Jamie Hanson still hasn't got a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom