Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Holden would be absolutely uninspiring. Another who has a fantastic agent as his record simply doesn't stand up to the seemingly constant interest in him.
Tbh Charlton have done well under him and the club there is a complete shitshow. They don’t even know who owns the club as it’s going through legal disputes.

I guess 1 win in 7 games (against 24th) is doing well by our standards
Haven’t scored in last 4 games either and only a few points above us, surely we’re looking at a more ambitious and top 30 statement appointment?

Or are we looking for someone who is prepared to manage in League 2 should we face the “unthinkable“ drop?

Haven’t scored in last 4 games either and only a few points above us, surely we’re looking at a more ambitious and top 30 statement appointment?

Or are we looking for someone who is prepared to manage in League 2 should we face the “unthinkable“ drop?

It seems strange this one. He hasn't achieved b****r all as a manager and we would have to pay Charlton for the privilege.

He’s stabilised them however. Not saying he’s who i’d ideally want. But he’s a forward thinking progressive coach. They are safe in midtable unlike us & the whole club is in disarray. He’s highly rated in coaching circles, I know that. I guess we will have to wait a see. I’ve heard of 4 names we interviewed. He’s not one I’d heard about quite honestly.

And it should be pointed out, their last 4 fixtures have been against Plymouth,Peterborough,sheff wed & derby. Probably the hardest run of games you could have in a row & they battered Peterborough away from home the other night.

Announcement close for the actual successor UTO?
Before the weekend, they was hoping to have it done early this coming week.
Been a couple of meetings over the weekend including a full board meeting.

I’d be stunned if it’s not all completed and announced by Friday at the latest.
If it’s not, I’d have lost any confidence in the people running the football side of the club!

If it’s not, I’d have lost any confidence in the people running the football side of the club!

Go on UTO who’s it going to be. Send me to sleep happy. I got Physiotherapy in the morning for my sciatica.

PM me! I will keep it to myself.

Any idea whether there is a definite candidate or already someone incoming?

Sorry if this has already been posted. Just catching up.

There's nothing in Charlton's current league position or his managerial CV that suggests he's a better candidate than Appleton or McCann.

Tiny bit off topic, but what does anyone think about the style/system that would be best suited to the team when a new manager comes in? 5 at the back? 4 at the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom