Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Betting markets sometimes come down if a sudden flurry of larger amounts than has been placed so far, come in all together.
It's possible that the DM article has caused a lot of higher stakes to be placed in close proximity.

I was about to post something similar, but you beat me to it @captainox

I quite like the sound of Holden seems to have done a job for charlton recently
Unimpressive track record overall, and no club he’s been at seem to have wanted to keep him for too long. Strange if true, given some of the other candidates supposedly interviewed already.

Wonder who is agent is? Links to anyone connected with our club?

Holden is linked to every job going, it’ll just be an attempt by his agent to get him a long term deal at Charlton. Think it’s v unlikely to be him

As someone who works in the industry, spot on. If they see anyone with a sniff of an edge on them or insider knowledge the market gets suspended.
Yeah, I used to work both in a betting shop & as odds trader too. That article alone would have made them remove the market. I didn’t see if he shortened massively before they pulled the market but he could have done. Last check I saw he was 25/1

Yeah, I used to work both in a betting shop & as odds trader too. That article alone would have made them remove the market. I didn’t see if he shortened massively before they pulled the market but he could have done. Last check I saw he was 25/1

They didn't remove the market when the article about Murty or Morison was published. They both went on to be favourites.

He was 16/1 before they removed the market

I looked just after seeing the Holden story as thought he might of suddenly become front runner but was still something like 20/1 , when I read the article and looked back BV had removed stopped taking bets

They didn't remove the market when the article about Murty or Morison was published. They both went on to be favourites.
They were saying they'd applied/were shortlisted.

Approaching a club is basically offering the job (if true) so a level beyond that.

They were saying they'd applied/were shortlisted.

Approaching a club is basically offering the job (if true) so a level beyond that.

Oh you're right I didn't actually read the article tonight. 😁 so have we definitely approached Charlton or is it a rumour?

Just done a bit of research on Dean Holden because I've never heard of him.

Lives in Manchester, doesn't have any promotions to his name and is less experienced than everyone else on the shortlist.

The fact we would have to pay compensation surely makes this a non starter.

Just asked a Bristol City friend about him. Said he was out of his depth and was the cheap option that didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom