Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t, we played better yesterday but we need fresh impetus, where a new manager comes in and the players want to impress that manager & be playing for their futures. Fair play to Short for being forthright and honest in his interviews (it makes a change after the KR drivel) but, there’s nothing new there, no change. It’s the same coaching staff. They have all got favourites & the players are comfortable, they need to be taken out of their comfort zone and don’t underestimate the extra 10% players will give while playing for their futures under someone completely new.
Like I said, they know the timeline, they know that we need to turn this form around, they know that time isn’t on their side. But, I don’t want them to rush into appointing an ‘easy’ option, be that the cheap option or otherwise.

I think we can argue for ever about the timing of KR’s sacking. It’s a basket case club that sacks a manager after 3 defeats, even 4 or 5 defeats with a draw amongst them could be seen as a touch harsh. Perhaps he went on a game or two too far (I think he should have gone after Cambridge) but I don’t think the board got it as wildly wrong as some are making out. Hindsight and all that ….

It’s not about the last 8 or 9 games, it was the poor recruitment last January (2022), poor finish to last season, poor Summer transfer window and poor start to this season, coupled with the same excuses of injuries, mainly caused by recruiting injury prone players + late signings again. Add to that, he never learnt by his mistakes, so why it took the board etc 8 non winning game run to make this decision is beyond me.

And Karl’s relative on the Radio Ox phone in afterwards wants shooting too.

Didn't MAPP jump ship for the assistant coach vacancy, at Leicester was it and some of you want him back ! Everyone has there price MAPP is no exception a judas as far as I'm concerned!!
Judas 🤣.. after what he’s been through health wise, he didn’t get a 500k budget increase here when he asked for it and he doubled his wages as assistant to a manager in the premier league, it’s not like he left us to go and be a number 2 at Shrewsbury.

Judas - really?

As fans, we have one club for life and so feel huge loyalty to OUFC. Players and managers are transient employees of a number of clubs. Appleton was offered a 150% pay rise to take up a position at a Premier League Club where he would work with players like Vardy and Maddison on a daily basis. He also had less pressure in the role due to being the Assistant Manager rather than the main man. If you got offered a 150% pay rise to move to a better firm in a role with less pressure, what would you do?

Plus the ship here at the time was sinking e.g. Eales selling up, so the whole structure he (MApp) and others had put together leading to success was depleting too with a lot of uncertainty surrounding the club.

I'm not itk but a rumour from the training ground is we have approached Neil Lennon.

I hope its not true mind.
Would tie in with the fact his odds collapsed the other day. I’ve heard we’ve interviewed Appleton,Manning & Warburton at the very least.

Like I said, they know the timeline, they know that we need to turn this form around, they know that time isn’t on their side. But, I don’t want them to rush into appointing an ‘easy’ option, be that the cheap option or otherwise.
That’s fair enough, respect what you are saying mate 👍

Agree it‘s not their job, but when the clamour on here is for Appleton and not one of the RadOx panellists is in favour just seems a bit out of line with the fan base.

I’m probably reading too much into it!
Only 39% on here have coted for MAPP so 61% have voted for someone else.

Out of the 61% that voted elsewhere none of the managers they voted for have applied or in contention as far as I know.

Manning
Warburton
Appleton
Cowley

The four that was interviewed last week I believe.

I'm not sure on

McCann or Lennon but their odds are very short for there not be an interest in them.

One things for sure, it’s seems there are some decent candidates for this job, a differcult decision with no guarantees whoever takes it.

Manning sounds an interesting one, Mapp would work out I’m sure as has unfinished business, McCann has the experience too and has got promotion before out of this league - Wonder if Richardson and Wilder have been interviewed out of interest?

Btw I wouldn’t want Lennon or Warburton

I see Critchley odds have lengthened a lot.
Appleton still favourite. Maybe he’s going to be announced tomorrow with a bonus if he keeps us up.
Desperately need some new players in and looks like we have to rely on free agents.
Going to be tough.
We’ve certainly some crocks and misfiring players on our books

Almost 40% support from the fans base out of literally any available manager seems pretty high to me. The 2nd and 3rd most popular options both seem to be out of the frame, so it would be interesting to see how those who voted for either Critchley or Richardson would re-cast their votes.

One of the things I liked about MAPPs teams was that he had a number of leaders. Players who could get niggly, appealed for stuff and stood up for themselves. I can think of 8 or so who had the sort of in play attitude we are missing. We’ve missed that attitude for so long.

I hope whoever gets the role recognises quite quickly what the team is missing.

Almost 40% support from the fans base out of literally any available manager seems pretty high to me. The 2nd and 3rd most popular options both seem to be out of the frame, so it would be interesting to see how those who voted for either Critchley or Richardson would re-cast their votes.
All academic though as its not us who decide - FWIW I would go for McCann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom