Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think they’d remain tight lipped until after Saturdays game. If we win then they would make a “not in any rush, looking at candidates “ press release. If we lose I’d expect them to start talking about timelines.
I don’t think Saturday’s result should have any impact on the plans or at least it shouldn’t

• React
Reactions: m
I would have welcomed Mous taking over but in some ways him going means we take a wider, proper look as opposed to just assuming he’d be the right man. I’m a bit bewildered by people against Fowler on the basis he’s mates with and coached under Robinson, yet Mous‘s only coaching experience comes under Robinson - of whom he spoke glowingly of earlier this week, saying what he learnt etc. It’s fickle to say the least that one appears scarred by his KR connection but the other seen as a saviour and the latter one worked with him day in day out.

Yes, he’s doing well currently at Pompey but he’ll need a fast start there next season to survive. He’d likely have been given much more time here to build something.
We need a clean sweep from the Robinson regime of which Fowler was part of.

Just had it pointed out on Twitter, that Grant McCann is due to be the hospitality special guest at Scunthorpe on Saturday.
Being at Lincoln may be completely coincidental in relation to them being our next opponents. Quite possible he lives in the Lincoln area to be fair given his past clubs.

Buttttt that gets in the way of speculation, so lets continue with linking him to the job!

We need a clean sweep from the Robinson regime of which Fowler was part of.
Agree - I would hope that all traces of Fowler went with Robinson. We do not want him, Roy Keane or any of the other rediculous suggestions flying about.
It has to be MAPP (assisted by DesB?) or Critchley.

Yorkshire Post spinning a headline to make it sound like they know something genuine about Fowler being favourite.
Read the article, and they're just summing up the bookies odds, just like their article yesterday morning about Appleton being favourite.

The only "actual" links reported so far are:

Appleton by George Elek on 'The Dub' podcast - "I understand he's very interested"

Graeme Murty by the Northern Echo - "the Oxford board are keen to make a permanent appointment as quickly as possible and have drawn up a shortlist of potential candidates, Murty is understood to feature on that shortlist"

Speaking as someone who has been in a room with a bona fide idiot or two before....

Do we need to assume that anyone who has shared the same room as Robinson was foaming at the mouth?

MAPP and Des for me. Has a ring to it.
Definitely not Fowler or Keane. Grant McCann wouldn’t be a bad choice as he knows the league but then he would probably seek an escape route to Peterborough when Ferguson leaves.

how about say Ian Holloway as firefighter till the seasons end - then move to DoF- with someone like MApp or Des B as assistant till the seasons end , then moving 'up' into the mangers hot seat

MAPP and Des for me. Has a ring to it.
Definitely not Fowler or Keane. Grant McCann wouldn’t be a bad choice as he knows the league but then he would probably seek an escape route to Peterborough when Ferguson leaves.
He’d seek to escape to the team that just sacked him?

Why would Des come as assistant to anyone? He is doing well in his on right abroad. He may well want to return to England but surely as a number 1 not assistant.

MApp or Des for me - both a risk for this season but would be ideal long term. Appoint one of them and prey we get enough points to stay up!!!

Would be good if the club did some sort of 'applicant day' at Lincoln, with all the managers required to be in attendance. Then off the back of it give an interview explaining how, based on their experience and game knowledge (with examples), they intend on getting us out of this mess.

The board then have 3 days to select their preferred option and draw up contracts, with the successful applicant in the dugout for Derby.

That's how I'd do it anyway if I was in charge.

Last edited:
I can see someone coming from no where on the market to come in at evens and being given the job, when the nearest on the bookies list will go out as far as 10/1.

Or it will be someone that’s currently quite a way out at 66’s

looked about as sharp as a butter knife
And that's being generous, although with the way that Karl likes to operate, I think neither Mous or Fowler had a great deal of input into what went on, however, we can do a lot better than Fowler, and the is he/isn't he employed by the club just smells a bit off so I really hope the board don't shoot themselves in the foot again.

Last edited:
Would be good if the club did some sort of 'applicant day' at Lincoln, with all the managers required to be in attendance. Then off the back of it give an interview explaining how, based on their experience and game knowledge (with examples), they intend on getting us out of this mess.

The board then have 3 days to select their preferred option and draw up contracts, with the successful applicant in the dugout for Derby.

That's how I'd do it anyway if I was in charge.
Sounds like a new idea for a game show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom