Manager/Coach Next Manager

Who do you want as next manager of our club?

• Neil Critchley

Votes: 33 9.0%
  • Leam Richardson

Votes: 52 14.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 18 4.9%
  • Michael Appleton

Votes: 160 43.7%
  • AN Other

Votes: 42 11.5%
  • A very well known AN Other

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Des Buckingham

Votes: 34 9.3%
  • Grant McCann

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Steve Morrison

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dean Whitehead

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Steve Cotterill

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • Robbie Fowler

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Paul Simpson

Votes: 6 1.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people wanting Wilder & Appleton would you really want to tarnish their legacy here?
Look at Denis Smith & Jim Smith in their 2nd stints at the club.
Sometimes its best to look back and remember what they did for the club and the good times than have them back and ruin it.

We need someone fresh with fresh ideas and someone who will embrace the whole club, academy included (which rules out Wilder).

Let’s do this the professional way. Applications in by Tuesday. Shortlist Weds. first interview Thurs, final interviews Fri. New manager in charge Sat. Welcome KR you’ve got a lot of work to do, your predecessor left u a s**t sandwich to sort out

We need an intelligent, eloquent, modern thinking, young-ish manager in the mould of someone like Eddie Howe. Liked how the Rotherham manager (?) sounded compared to KR in the podcast series.
I don’t think I could take someone blathering on mindlessly and regardless of a win/defeat/draw.
I think we just let that very person walk out the door a month ago to Portsmouth….

Hayes has a better win percentage than Wilder. Why are we bothering with anyone with a less percentage than her ? That’s the remit is it, despite it being a different sport.

I suggest you watch some of her analysis of men's games when she does media work. Far more insightful than any male managers (or ex managers) I can remember when talking about tactics, patterns of play and where players should be. She was impressive on the coverage.

That may not translate but then again it just might.

Last edited:
Let’s do this the professional way. Applications in by Tuesday. Shortlist Weds. first interview Thurs, final interviews Fri. New manager in charge Sat. Welcome KR you’ve got a lot of work to do, your predecessor left u a s**t sandwich to sort out
I’d say it would be applications/sound out managers this week, interviews the following week, 2nd interviews the week after, appoint a new manager the following week so a 3/4 week process.

Dave Challinor would be my pick. Has a great record wherever he’s been and will surely get a bigger job before too long, still young for a manager too.

View attachment 12328
He’s never ventured south of North Wales, no chance, he loves it up north, fair play to him. He’s Stockport thru and thru

In all seriousness are we open to applications by a certain date or trying to recruit thru pro-actively approaching someone? Be interesting to know our plan

IF Wilder could be persuaded, he'd have to be up there! Has experience of turning a L1 club into a top 30 club, and doing it quickly.

Has worked with misfit squads, and got the best out of players. Decent tactician too, with good attention to detail.

Would he leave us the moment a better offer came in... possibly / probably. But he'll be looking to re-assert his reputation a bit - could the temptation of turning us around and taking us up possibly draw him in? Maybe (with cash). Potentially win-win; but also high-risk as a L1 relegation would not look great!
Would most managers leave us the moment a better offer came in... definitely

Craig David could write a song about it too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom