How to complete the season

I for the life of me cant see how a team who aren't even in the playoffs being considered for promotion. Because if they are promoted to 3rd under PPG and the play offs cant be played, and at the moment I cant see that they will. They will then be promoted by de-fault. For me it has to be weighted PPG or what Ryan Birdio posted earlier.

Because the team in 8th would go 3rd in the table if they won their game in hand.

Also because the team in 8th have averaged the 3rd highest points per game in the league.

WWFC have spent several months in the top two this season and a fair few weeks top of the league.

Tell me, how many weeks have OUFC spent in the top two this season?

the new season is supposed to start in 75 days times. The EFL say they would need 49 days to complete the season. There is simply not sufficient time for a preseason, completing the games and then having another preseason with time for new players to bed in. So there is no chance of this season being completed.

So I have to wonder why OUFC have joined the mad little clique of nutters demanding we do so? It is to gain support for weighted points per game rather than points per game?

As another day passes without action it just reinforces that this season will see no more football and be decided on the dusty abacuses kept in the back of the EFL cupboard instead. I suspect Tiger is playing a risky game of snake eyes!

blimey! :oops: ....

Yes, although it’s possible that this decision was going to be made anyway and it’s just a bit of face-saving for both parties. It’ll certainly save them money until things become clearer (or not) on when everything restarts.

Who gives a crap at how long you or any team spends at the top of the league. And I include us in that. Its about the here and now and current form which clearly shows who the form teams are. Lets not forget that Fleetwood were on a very good run when it stop and Rotherham were on a downward spiral. Haven't got a problem with Coventry going up as for the other places in my eyes its a bun fight. As for you saying you would beat Coventry you are full of it they would batter you. And before you pipe up and say that's not our game in hand CRAP. A game in hand is a game that has to be rearranged from its original date. Not just any old fixture that was planned last June.

Yes, although it’s possible that this decision was going to be made anyway and it’s just a bit of face-saving for both parties. It’ll certainly save them money until things become clearer (or not) on when everything restarts.

Burton will be one of the clubs who struggle massively during this time. This will be just the start. Their fans expectation is that by the time pre-season comes round (whenever that is), they'll have just the youth team with no contracted pros, with the exception of Jake Buxton who has been made player-manager.

Who gives a crap at how long you or any team spends at the top of the league. And I include us in that. Its about the here and now and current form which clearly shows who the form teams are. Lets not forget that Fleetwood were on a very good run when it stop and Rotherham were on a downward spiral. Haven't got a problem with Coventry going up as for the other places in my eyes its a bun fight. As for you saying you would beat Coventry you are full of it they would batter you. And before you pipe up and say that's not our game in hand CRAP. A game in hand is a game that has to be rearranged from its original date. Not just any old fixture that was planned last June.
No, it really isn't. For instance, you guys have a game in hand on Sunderland and Ipswich. But none of your remaining games have been postponed/rearranged from the original date. So your game in hand on them can't be a game that has been rearranged from its original date. Simples

Where did I say that we would beat Coventry?

Current form? You haven’t played for two months.

Bring on the play offs.

Burton will be one of the clubs who struggle massively during this time. This will be just the start. Their fans expectation is that by the time pre-season comes round (whenever that is), they'll have just the youth team with no contracted pros, with the exception of Jake Buxton who has been made player-manager.

Unfortunately there will be a few teams that will go that way.

Where did I say that we would beat Coventry?

Current form? You haven’t played for two months.

Bring on the play offs.
Because the team in 8th would go 3rd in the table if they won their game in hand.

Also because the team in 8th have averaged the 3rd highest points per game in the league.

WWFC have spent several months in the top two this season and a fair few weeks top of the league.

Try reading the 1st line saying Because the team in 8th would go 3rd if they won there game in hand.

Now as that your game in hand

So we are the only team who haven't played for 2 months then get real.

No, it really isn't. For instance, you guys have a game in hand on Sunderland and Ipswich. But none of your remaining games have been postponed/rearranged from the original date. So your game in hand on them can't be a game that has been rearranged from its original date. Simples

Ipswich (28th March) and Sunderland (21st March) still had a blank gameweek to come at the time the season was suspended due to Bury not existing. So we would have caught up on those fixtures dates where they wouldn't have played and we would have.

I don’t get the relevance of goal difference - clearly you’re a more attacking side than us so are likely to score more goals. Points are what count.

We have a better run in then you and given our home form the chances are that we would have beaten yourselves and Rotherham which would have been huge wins.
Off course they would have been duh, doubt it

Try reading the 1st line saying Because the team in 8th would go 3rd if they won there game in hand.

Now as that your game in hand

So we are the only team who haven't played for 2 months then get real.

‘IF’ they won their game in hand is very different from saying that they would have.

Then you need to play the Cov game in hand to get to equal games. Win that then fair play, you earned the right to go 3rd.

Not if you lose said game in hand. That would lower your PPG based on equal games played.

Counts for f**k all.... It‘s how/where you finish the season. You were not finishing the season particularly well.

...hell, your game-in-hand could even be yet another home game eh....why not...?!:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom