Matches 2023-24 Pre-Season Friendlies

I just tried it, and it was working fine for me Sarge, so not sure what he's doing differently?

I went to the Ticket Site, then clicked the tab for the Swansea game, picked a random seat that was showing as available, and all was as it should be. Just a thought though, only a few blocks are open, so you might want to check that he's not trying to buy in one of the blocks that isn't open, as the SSL, fence end, where you normally sit is not available for this game.

Having said all that, there should be no problem buying on the night.
cheers @Colin B - I'll let him know

Lets get things into perspective here. If we had taken our chances last night and we had 2 one on ones which there keeper saved, and Cams effort that smashed against the bar, we would of won 3:0 and everyone would of been happy.
Beadle didn't have a shot to save.
We are not far away from being a competitive side.
A proper LB /LWB is a must. If the said trialist that played against Barnet is Denver Hume as some on here have said it might be, then that will tick that box.
Chatting to a Pompey ST holder friend of mine about Denver Hume and he say as a LWB he is good. As a LB not so good. Where have we seen that before?
All depends on how LM wants us to play i spose.
Another interpretation is that we are still some way from being a winning team, unless your take on being competitive’ is grinding out low-scoring draws but not really troubling the opponents’ net.

GK department - time will tell if we have upgraded this. Having 3 senior keepers isn’t really a change on 12mths ago.

Defence - Partnerships will form but regardless of which 4/5 play in there, they will continue to be let down unless we defend from the front. I’ve seen limited change in that respect and we’re a little over 2wks before the season kicks off.

Midfield - Plenty of options but several all competing for the CDM role or at least they play like one. My radical solution would be to sell CamBran and use the money and wage saving to fund a number 9.

Attack - I think and hope this season will be a good one for GO’D, he’s raw and no amount of coaching can help defenders compete against a powerhouse like him. He’s also our biggest asset in terms of resale value IMHO. But we clearly need at least 3 other striking options. I feel we’ve regressed here since 12mths ago.

Squad depth and ability to bring on players who will improve the team - I do think this has improved with players like Tyler, Negru and others exciting options.

Fans’ optimism has risen markedly but that wasn’t a big ask after the depressing 18mths we’ve faced. But my alternative view is that we shouldn’t rely too heavily on a good prospect from NL, a hardly prolific new striker, a youngster in goal and a couple of others released by relegated or underperforming sides.
We definetly need to fill those positions as was so evident last night. Again, we created chances without seemingly having that striker to get the ball over the line. Its getting close to the opener and these players need time together.

Well quite.

It’s going to take at least two windows to sort out the mess left by Robinson if not longer. A bit of patience is required and expectations need to be reined in a little.

Just be thankful we’ve got a hard working professional running the football side of things, a complete contrast to the previous incumbent.
Sorry, not convinced. Watch a club like Reading, who have only had the opportunity to sign players from this week, put up a good show next season.
manning has had March or so, to evaluate the squad, and time to bring his own players in.
Bolton were in the same position a couple of years ago to Reading.
What would be good would be to get the final signings over the line, where it seems obvious to most what areas need filling.

Sorry, not convinced. Watch a club like Reading, who have only had the opportunity to sign players from this week, put up a good show next season.
manning has had March or so, to evaluate the squad, and time to bring his own players in.
Bolton were in the same position a couple of years ago to Reading.
What would be good would be to get the final signings over the line, where it seems obvious to most what areas need filling.

Each club has a unique set of circumstances. I’m not interested in Reading.

Manning inherited a s**t show, there’s a lot of issues to address not just playing side but coaching too, it will take more than one window to sort it out.

A bit of patience is required in my opinion.

Each club has a unique set of circumstances. I’m not interested in Reading.

Manning inherited a s**t show, there’s a lot of issues to address not just playing side but coaching too, it will take more than one window to sort it out.

A bit of patience is required in my opinion.
Unfortunately, patience itself isn't accepted in sport these days because if you allowed every new idea to bed in sport would become unwatchable and punters would switch off in their droves. I do however, understand that the relatively new incoming geezer (LM) should be allowed a little time of which let's face it he has had some time to sort out his locker - but from the Cambridge match going forward the clock is clucking cluck cluck. The club has for reasons known to every person and their three dogs no time to keep faffing around. The product has to be decent for momentum building. We must forget saying the next window is the important one as he's had a reasonable amount of time to start shooting from the hip already. Looking forward to a fast start.

COYY'S

That's what Ruben does so well. He breaks open the defence with passes through 3 defenders which will give your strikers real chances
How about you let us have langstaff aswel you can have bodin in a swap 😀

That's what Ruben does so well. He breaks open the defence with passes through 3 defenders which will give your strikers real chances

Yeap, just need to sign a striker or two to benefit!

Ironically, Rodrigues would have been absolutely perfect for a certain Matt Taylor. Even as a 2nd choice No.9 I reckon Matty would have got double figures for us this season with the change in personnel around him (and specifically Rodrigues).

What's done is done, but a decent 1 year contract could have suited all parties, IMHO. 🤷‍♂️

How about you let us have langstaff aswel you can have bodin in a swap 😀
Can I pass on that one please. I didn't know how much I would miss RR til I watched a couple of our friendlies. Even miss his strange gait and the way he uses his shirt to wipe his face constantly.

But yes get yourself a poacher and give them some time to understand each other and the goals will come.

Btw Jodi seems on fire in preseason - stepped up from last season when he was great for us. Shame you guys didn't maybe loan him out first half of last season as I reckon you'd have had him back with you. But I appreciate your last gaffer didn't appreciate him!

I assume we'll have a couple if posters saying that we're going to P**s the league and don't need anymore signings!

That's the way PSF's work I believe!

We're going to P**s the league but we still need a striker and possibly a left back as I believe they will help us go all season without losing a league game 😜🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom