Staff member
Saturday 15th July - Southampton B (H) - behind closed doors
Tuesday 18th July 19:45 - Eastleigh (A)
Friday 21st July 19:30 - Swansea (H)
Saturday 22nd July 15:00 - Bristol City (A) - BEHIND CLOSED DOORS - See here
Saturday 29th July 15:00 - QPR (H)

I will keep this thread up to date.

Last edited:
Stuck on late shift so can’t make this one. 🤞they have a good one lined up for the 29th July.

Personally I would like some double header friendlies, OUWFC followed by OUFC

Court place farm is having a new pitch laid during pre season as well as improvements to the ground so it meets the criteria for the National League. It may mean no friendlies at Oxford city this year.

What improvements are being done to the ground, out of interest?

If you've seen the CPF pitch the goalmouths are/were shocking, big rips in the surface. In my opinion it's been overused since it was laid and not maintained properly.

I was actually thinking games at The Kassam, OUWFC at 12.30/1pm and men at 3pm

New 3g pitch and a new stand behind the goal replacing the current one is what I've heard. @SteMerritt maybe able to confirm what other improvements are needed to achieve the national League ground grading.
No idea, sorry, I'm not really a follower of City 😁 although I will say the pitch is already a 4G synthetic pitch so I doubt that will need changing.

New 3g pitch and a new stand behind the goal replacing the current one is what I've heard. @SteMerritt maybe able to confirm what other improvements are needed to achieve the national League ground grading once his brother has finished celebrating in Ibiza 😁
My understanding is that they need to increase capacity to 4,000, of which 15% (so 650) has to be segregated for away fans, which has to include a dedicated toilet block and catering (can be mobile). They need to have a minimum of 500 seats, plus improved floodlighting. I think that this doesn't have to be completed until 31st March, but if it's not done by then they can then be summarily expelled, unless granted an extension.

No idea, sorry, I'm not really a follower of City 😁 although I will say the pitch is already a 4G synthetic pitch so I doubt that will need changing.

Pitch has been down 7 years and the last inspection City were told it won't pass another year. Your brother was saying on Radio Oxford it will be replaced in the summer and then added they aspire to reach league 2 👀

Pitch has been down 7 years and the last inspection City were told it won't pass another year. Your brother was saying on Radio Oxford it will be replaced in the summer and then added they aspire to reach league 2 👀
Blimey is it that long? Bloody time passes quickly. Shows how much attention I pay to them doesn't it 🤣

My understanding is that they need to increase capacity to 4,000, of which 15% (so 650) has to be segregated for away fans, which has to include a dedicated toilet block and catering (can be mobile). They need to have a minimum of 500 seats, plus improved floodlighting. I think that this doesn't have to be completed until 31st March, but if it's not done by then they can then be summarily expelled, unless granted an extension.

Yes that sounds about right. For the 2 play off matches they've hosted 550 away fans that were segregated and they had their own turnstiles, toilets and catering.

It's my understanding they have a stand waiting (possibly from Exeter chiefs rugby club). This will accommodate 700 fans behind the goal with a permanent segregation.

City already have seated stands that hold the 500. They just need to build some terracing to get the capacity up to 4,000.

Yes that sounds about right. For the 2 play off matches they've hosted 550 away fans that were segregated and they had their own turnstiles, toilets and catering.

It's my understanding they have a stand waiting (possibly from Exeter chiefs rugby club). This will accommodate 700 fans behind the goal with a permanent segregation.

City already have seated stands that hold the 500. They just need to build some terracing to get the capacity up to 4,000.
It would be good if they could get a bit of elevation . The view while leaning on the fence is pretty poor but the relaxed, fun experience makes up for it.

Back
Top Bottom