How to complete the season

I think if we do get the 'regular season' going again, it will revert to a flat 3 up, can't see any playoffs being played this year.

I think if we do get the 'regular season' going again, it will revert to a flat 3 up, can't see any playoffs being played this year.
I’m pretty sure that by 3 April they will announce the season is over. It will be interesting to see what formula they come up with to settle promotions: I don’t think they’ll make the whole thing null and void.

I reckon that in the face of all the likely lawsuits they will go for the option of completing the season at a later date. Then starting the new season straight afterwards.
Current predictions are that the epidemic will hit its peak in 12 weeks ie mid June, so it will be mid September before we get back to present levels of infection!

I reckon that in the face of all the likely lawsuits they will go for the option of completing the season at a later date. Then starting the new season straight afterwards.
Current predictions are that the epidemic will hit its peak in 12 weeks ie mid June, so it will be mid September before we get back to present levels of infection!
How do you handle expiring contracts and loans?

Whatever they decide to do needs to be made quite quickly. ie promotions and relegations because it’s takes a hell of a lot of time to sort out fixtures etc. Then you have clubs when players contracts are expiring, and won’t be playing for the current club. Should they decide to delay the season beyond June. Certain football clubs will be deeply upset whatever the EFL decide, but you can’t please everyone. There are clubs that have overachieved and some that have underachieved. Clubs in the current league tables, are where they are on merit. It depends whether or not there is a rule stating that if 75% of matches have been played, then that’s it. There is no way lawsuits can interfere, and football clubs will have to suck it up! All clubs you would think understand the rules, and probably wouldn’t expect something like this to happen. But it has so you have to follow the rules. Simply dish out the prize money to clubs in each position, and we go again in August should this flu bug pass by then.

Obviously I’d like it to be three up and three down, just like it was before the playoffs were introduced.

There are lots of suggestions helping for good debate, but we have to wait and see what they come up with. I can’t see games being played behind closed doors being an option. Just my opinion, and I don’t think this season will be written off null and void.

How do you handle expiring contracts and loans?
The EFL (and PL) should determine that all contracts and loans be automatically extended until the delayed end of the season. Not ideal but the best solution in the circumstances and hopefully some financial support for problems of cash flow (eg paying contract ending players over the virus break).

Whatever they decide to do needs to be made quite quickly. ie promotions and relegations because it’s takes a hell of a lot of time to sort out fixtures etc. Then you have clubs when players contracts are expiring, and won’t be playing for the current club. Should they decide to delay the season beyond June.

It doesn't need to be done before May 25th!

Edit: Also, Wycombe haven't played less games than us 'on merit'.

Back
Top Bottom