Tickets Season Tickets 2023/24

Good grief. Would love to know how you know this but if true is an absolute embarrassment. Also leaves me with some wider questions about the competence of our marketing team tbh. Thanks for the info
Just what I have heard. Graphics have always been made by another company (understandably, we don’t have a design department), but for sure something seems to have changed this year as I can’t believe this is the same work as that done in previous years.

Good grief. Would love to know how you know this but if true is an absolute embarrassment. Also leaves me with some wider questions about the competence of our marketing team tbh. Thanks for the info
The marketing team seem to have upped their game hugely this season from what I have seen

That team line up / convict mug shots graphic is simply awful. Bad photos, organised badly. Just some text telling us who the team in would be better if they don't have better images than that. Does it matter? Perhaps not hugely in the scheme of things, but when the mantra of modern sport is to try and make incremental marginal gains in all areas of your operation, this is very meh.

Bunged this on another thread before I found this one................

"Season Ticket holders can now access their 10% Club Shop discount via telephone every 1st Thursday of the month between 3-5pm (excluding peak times)."

Woot woot !

Obviously "Enter your ST number for an online discount" isn`t there yet................ :ROFLMAO:

Bunged this on another thread before I found this one................

"Season Ticket holders can now access their 10% Club Shop discount via telephone every 1st Thursday of the month between 3-5pm (excluding peak times)."

Woot woot !

Obviously "Enter your ST number for an online discount" isn`t there yet................ :ROFLMAO:
I don’t like the whole 1st Thursday thing, why? Why not say every Thursday between x and x ?!

They have my address for my ST.

I enter my ST number online & receive a 10% discount.

They post it to my ST address which stops anyone speculatively entering ST numbers.

Hardly tricky.......... 🤷‍♂️

They have my address for my ST.

I enter my ST number online & receive a 10% discount.

They post it to my ST address which stops anyone speculatively entering ST numbers.

Hardly tricky.......... 🤷‍♂️
that's the annoying thing - you login to it with the same bloody yellows account. shouldn't be hard to detect you have a live season ticket and apply the discount.

I work in web and ecommerce and although this issue with season ticket discounting sounds like a simple one there are genuine reasons why it can be harder than first appears. I don't have access to the backend systems but just based on what's visible publicly it looks like a classic integration problem. Lots of different systems handling different parts of the supporter experience but not able to automatically share or check quite the right data to allow for ST discounting to happen seamlessly and accurately at checkout.

I'm willing to bet that these things were bought and built in stages and integrated pretty well but without the particular requirements for ST-discounting covered. More than likely the current team have inherited all this stuff and can't just click a button to fix it.

I have come across versions of this problem several times and although the long term solution is usually quite technical there might be options more on the business side that can get lost among all the IT-speak. If anyone from the club is reading and would like some free advice please DM.

Why not just say every day?!
I could see it if it was a busy shop where having someone on the phone would lead to problems serving a queue of people - but it has been pretty dead in there every time I've gone outside a matchday. Seems like a lets do the bare minimum option.

I work in web and ecommerce and although this issue with season ticket discounting sounds like a simple one there are genuine reasons why it can be harder than first appears. I don't have access to the backend systems but just based on what's visible publicly it looks like a classic integration problem. Lots of different systems handling different parts of the supporter experience but not able to automatically share or check quite the right data to allow for ST discounting to happen seamlessly and accurately at checkout.

I'm willing to bet that these things were bought and built in stages and integrated pretty well but without the particular requirements for ST-discounting covered. More than likely the current team have inherited all this stuff and can't just click a button to fix it.

I have come across versions of this problem several times and although the long term solution is usually quite technical there might be options more on the business side that can get lost among all the IT-speak. If anyone from the club is reading and would like some free advice please DM.

I get all that (system integration + NHS = chaos!) but..... the only on the first Thursday of the month between certain times you can order by phone?

Surely ST holders are worth a bit more than that?

We should be enabled to purchase, with our discount, when we please.

I get all that (system integration + NHS = chaos!) but..... the only on the first Thursday of the month between certain times you can order by phone?

Yeah, I completely agree away from the online side. It's one of the weirdest solutions I've ever seen.

I think you're on the money there, no pun intended. Lack of integration of systems.

The Thursday once a month phone thing seems bizarre though. Omitting the phone number when tweeting about it was an amusing twist!

I agree. The lack of any systems integration is an understandable problem (albeit one that shows a lack of forethought some years ago).

Only allowing ST holders to use their discount by phone once a month during a two hour period on a weekday during working hours seems more like two fingers up at their most ardent 'customers' than an attempt to put an oversight right though. It smacks of the Vogon's response to mankind saying they knew nothing about the bypass!

<sarcasm>However I am glad to hear that for all of the other hours in the month, the club shop is so rammed that they haven't got time to answer the phone.</sarcasm>

I agree. The lack of any systems integration is an understandable problem (albeit one that shows a lack of forethought some years ago).

Only allowing ST holders to use their discount by phone once a month during a two hour period on a weekday during working hours seems more like two fingers up at their most ardent 'customers' than an attempt to put an oversight right though. It smacks of the Vogon's response to mankind saying they knew nothing about the bypass!

<sarcasm>However I am glad to hear that for all of the other hours in the month, the club shop is so rammed that they haven't got time to answer the phone.</sarcasm>
It's truly weird. Even Josh Murphy puts in more hours than this.

It could be part of Sam Baldock's new club job.

I wash my hair on the first Thursday of the month between 3pm & 5pm

Back
Top Bottom